The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

13 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

All updates are complete.  Not sure if pickup is still doing data runs, I haven't gotten any update emails so I kind of doubt it.  I will inquire though.

I hope they are still updating, this geek needs his Geekie points! 

Roll Call! 

how are my bro’s doin? 

we are isolated (lost count - maybe a week and a half or more), and have ventured out very little. We live on a job site of mine, so I can work without leaving home, and we are surrounded with parks. We are doing well. I’m running point for my home (newborn), and managing a household for a 104 year old woman. Washing a lot of hands. 

you guys all ok? Would be good to see some voices if you all have some iso-time in your hands. 

if season ever starts, my whole team should be recovered, which was a mathematic impossibility before. Tarasenko and Bjorkstrand were to miss the season and most of playoffs, and so I had replaced them on roster to stay competitive in the post season... now my cup runeth over...

healthy, we would be (I realize a couple players too many - I’d have to send some players down, but today is not a decision day)... 

Schwartz - Draisaitl - Tarasenko

Bjorkstrand - Schenn - Yamamoto

Niederreiter - Stepan - Dvorak 

Milano - Kerfoot - Geekie
Reider - Beagle - Archibald

Klefbom - Ristolainen

Hjalmarsson - Shattenkirk

Nutivaara - Weegar

Jones - Oesterle

Binnington 

Dell

Edited by greensman
  • Cheers 3

I don't see the season re-starting.  I'd be amazed if it did at this point.  I don't expect to hear anything as to the ball starting to roll towards re-opening the league for at least another month, and even with that, with the best possible news, I'm hard pressed to realistically see a scenario where they actually play.  Perhaps I'm just pessimistic. 

• Thanks 1

Keeping busy @greensman. Spending lots of time with wife and kids... walks, bike rides, and yoga interspersed with Wii, board games etc and cooking lots of delicious, healthy meals.

Doing some cleaning and organizing as well.

Wine supply is getting perilously low though :lol:

... And I miss hockey :(

On 3/26/2020 at 1:39 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

I don't see the season re-starting.  I'd be amazed if it did at this point.  I don't expect to hear anything as to the ball starting to roll towards re-opening the league for at least another month, and even with that, with the best possible news, I'm hard pressed to realistically see a scenario where they actually play.  Perhaps I'm just pessimistic. 

I would take a round robin format like the wjc. Single elimination matches. Just something to give us a conclusion to the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I would take a round robin format like the wjc. Single elimination matches. Just something to give us a conclusion to the season.

That'd be something, though I doubt they'd go that route as I'm not sure how much integrity there would be in the eyes of Bettman etc.

Honestly, I think they'll be lucky to be able to get the 2020-21 season started on time.

• Upvote 1

Quick update:

I still plan on doing some updating etc., but my oldest son is here visiting.  Don't get a lot of chances to spend time with him, so been focusing more on that. 

In the meantime, please PM me with questions, comments, concerns etc. and ways you'd like to see the game adjusted or improved.

As I've said before, if I don't know it's an issue, I can't fix it!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2