The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"I feel confident we're going to get the deal done and everything's going to work out," Boeser

Rate this topic

Canckelhead

24 minutes ago, st33 said:

Lol both you guys are insinuating that I think he's a bum or a bad prospect.

I merely am saying if a kid no matter who he is comes in and then runs back home because he wasn't getting top minutes thinks too much of himself. Hopefully in the couple seasons he's been gone he has matured a bit.

If he was a dominant force in his rookie year then I would agree with you, but the reality is he wasn't. He didn't play a fantastic shut down or anything special like you mention, I have and had season tickets and watched him as much as you did I'm sure. As we were in dire need of a puck moving defenseman, and in some cases still are, that was not one of his skill sets. His first passes and exit game was actually quite poor. Granted I do not follow the KHL, perhaps he has improved, but if you think just having a big frame is worthy of top 2 minutes then we have different opinions on what's valuable for defensemen.

You're both putting words into my mouth saying he's not good enough to play here. I'd be thrilled if he could contribute and pans out, but he certainly does not deserve to demand things from the team and just get up and leave when he doesn't get it like a baby. Unless you're both entitled kids too you should both be able to understand that. He wouldn't even consider going to Utica for a conditioning stint. What does that say about his mentality? Doesn't scream team first to me.

You're both hoping (as am I) that he does come back, but there's certainly no guarantee or hint that will be the case, there's no contract in place or any talks that I've heard of recently. So, if there's a trade to be had in which he is actually used as a sweetener, to get something that immediately provides value to the team further than what ifs, then that would have to be considered no?

Edit: also, green is in charge not Benning. If the coach doesn't see something in a player and doesn't play him it doesn't matter what the GM thinks in most cases, unless you want Benning to have the power to strong arm the coach into playing who he wants when he wants...which can be disastrous.

This is where, amongst everything else you’ve written,.  Where your really embarrassing yourself..

I seem to remember that the last Coach we had was fired by Jim Benning..  and rumour was,  that Coach’s deployment and development, of some players over others was a key issue with the GM. 

Develoment was a word stressed to the Coach from the management.

Tryamkin will be fine, and we’ll received.  Even his agent thinks so.

Don’t worry about it.       You e gotta take this to the Tryamkin thread.. and when you do, read the last 70 pages or so.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, st33 said:

Lol both you guys are insinuating that I think he's a bum or a bad prospect.

I merely am saying if a kid no matter who he is comes in and then runs back home because he wasn't getting top minutes thinks too much of himself. Hopefully in the couple seasons he's been gone he has matured a bit.

If he was a dominant force in his rookie year then I would agree with you, but the reality is he wasn't. He didn't play a fantastic shut down or anything special like you mention, I have and had season tickets and watched him as much as you did I'm sure. As we were in dire need of a puck moving defenseman, and in some cases still are, that was not one of his skill sets. His first passes and exit game was actually quite poor. Granted I do not follow the KHL, perhaps he has improved, but if you think just having a big frame is worthy of top 2 minutes then we have different opinions on what's valuable for defensemen.

You're both putting words into my mouth saying he's not good enough to play here. I'd be thrilled if he could contribute and pans out, but he certainly does not deserve to demand things from the team and just get up and leave when he doesn't get it like a baby. Unless you're both entitled kids too you should both be able to understand that. He wouldn't even consider going to Utica for a conditioning stint. What does that say about his mentality? Doesn't scream team first to me.

You're both hoping (as am I) that he does come back, but there's certainly no guarantee or hint that will be the case, there's no contract in place or any talks that I've heard of recently. So, if there's a trade to be had in which he is actually used as a sweetener, to get something that immediately provides value to the team further than what ifs, then that would have to be considered no?

Edit: also, green is in charge not Benning. If the coach doesn't see something in a player and doesn't play him it doesn't matter what the GM thinks in most cases, unless you want Benning to have the power to strong arm the coach into playing who he wants when he wants...which can be disastrous.

Again dude, your reading it wrong, first there was no mention of top 2 minutes and him demanding it.

2nd.. he was new here and not in the shape needed and all it would have taken is time with a fitness guru while travelling with the team or simply with Bo or something, anyway he improved as he played more and he's playing well in russia for the most part but it got blown completely out of proportion as it usually does and with the added family thing, i'd have probably left too. Anyway he's hands down the best developing prospect we have who could step in and not look out of place and he already proved that outside of the experience he has now... like i said before and i'll say it again willy d f'd that up bigtime.. then the media... geez.. 

Edited by iceman64
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This is where, amongst everything else you’ve written,.  Where your really embarrassing yourself..

I seem to remember that the last Coach we had was fired by Jim Benning..  and rumour was,  that Coach’s deployment and development, of some players over others was a key issue with the GM. 

Develoment was a word stressed to the Coach from the management.

Tryamkin will be fine, and we’ll received.  Even his agent thinks so.

Don’t worry about it. 

Willy Dips_hit? Grrrrrrr... 

P.S. i remember seeing Tree in a nux jersey for the first time and then heard he had a temper  ;) i was giddy! 

Edited by iceman64

1 minute ago, iceman64 said:

Never liked him from the get go iceman,. Never liked him in Junior,. Always yelling and demanding, wanted respect because he was THE Coach,.  Never Coaching for respect..  

When asked if he talks to Tryamkin,. He said no, I get Hank and Danny to talk to him.    Outrageous.  Communication?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Never liked him from the get go iceman,. Never liked him in Junior,. Always yelling and demanding, wanted respect because he was THE Coach,.  Never Coaching for respect..  

When asked if he talks to Tryamkin,. He said no, I get Hank and Danny to talk to him.    Outrageous.  Communication?

Yeah just a bit.. obviously glad Train isn't holding that against us.. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

anyway,    I kinda think we either do:

a 2 year bridge with Brock for 4 m per..  

or , he gives us a sweetheart deal for 5.7m for 3 - 4 years, this breaks up some contracts timing out at the same time.

I do beleive the young man really loves the city and his team.. and is genuinely excited to play with this recent roster adjustment.

And barring some major event,  he will eventually make primo bucks as a UFA.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Yeah just a bit.. obviously glad Train isn't holding that against us.. 

Nik is more politically correct than Eriksson when talking to the press,. As I recall..  He was asked after he returned home, what he thought of Desjardins. His reply was that WD was a “normal” person..  then he was asked if he ever met the new Coach, Green?

He replied yes, in Camps he had previously attended.  When asked what he thought of Green,. His reply was “ very good person”.

Lol.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

anyway,    I kinda think we either do:

a 2 year bridge with Brock for 4 m per..  

or , he gives us a sweetheart deal for 5.7m for 3 - 4 years, this breaks up some contracts timing out at the same time.

I do beleive the young man really loves the city and his team.. and is genuinely excited to play with this recent roster adjustment.

And barring some major event,  he will eventually make primo bucks as a UFA.

Ermmm.. wishful thinking sam.. no way does boeser sign for less than 5.5 bottom, at least 6 north i think.. i wish too though

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Ermmm.. wishful thinking sam.. no way does boeser sign for less than 5.5 bottom, at least 6 north i think.. i wish too though

5.7 for  3 or 4 years.       Or.  6- 6.5 for 6 or more years..   curious, which would you take if you were Brock.?

personally I’d take 17.1 in 3 years..   Over 36m in 6 years.  

I would think I would be priming my game in 3 years and I would like to take advantage of the larger Cap available.

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

5.7 for  3 or 4 years.       Or.  6- 6.5 for 6 or more years..   curious, which would you take if you were Brock.?

personally I’d take 17.1 in 3 years..   Over 36m in 6 years.  

I would think I would be priming my game in 3 years and I would like to take advantage of the larger Cap available.

well it has a lot to do with his manager trying to get top dollar but I still say 3/4 years starting at 6 mil and up...  hard to say really... 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

well it has a lot to do with his manager trying to get top dollar but I still say 3/4 years starting at 6 mil and up...  hard to say really... 

I totally agree with you,.  and really, the way Benning is working with these guys is A1.  Gnite bro.

6 hours ago, Bertorama said:

I see Hughes more a Ryan Ellis Style Dman. He will get the puck to the net with slap feeds and saucers not with booming shots. For once it will be great having a Dman that hits a net with higher percentage giving forwards a lot of friendly tip ins. 

Ryan Ellis has a pretty great shot for a little guy, a better goal scorer then Keith, even in junior he was racking them up.   Don’t think Hughes has the same one but it would sure be nice to be wrong.  Size wise they are similar ... but heck you never know how many goals did Ghost get a couple years ago too? Don’t know what he’s worked on since the summer started but sure hope it is his point shot.

9 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Again dude, your reading it wrong, first there was no mention of top 2 minutes and him demanding it.

2nd.. he was new here and not in the shape needed and all it would have taken is time with a fitness guru while travelling with the team or simply with Bo or something, anyway he improved as he played more and he's playing well in russia for the most part but it got blown completely out of proportion as it usually does and with the added family thing, i'd have probably left too. Anyway he's hands down the best developing prospect we have who could step in and not look out of place and he already proved that outside of the experience he has now... like i said before and i'll say it again willy d f'd that up bigtime.. then the media... geez.. 

I don't disagree with you that Willie didn't give him a fair shot at the beginning, as he didn't get any time until we got hit with injuries. But his complaint was that he wasn't getting enough minutes, when I seem to recall he ended up with an average of 16-17 a game or something along those lines. What am I reading wrong?

If he wasn't in the shape needed and needed fitness training and conditioning...hello Utica? Was that not the whole point that willy d made? I agree he wasn't a good coach but even he knew he wasn't in NHL form and needed conditioning but he refused to go to minors to work on that. 

Silent, if you can add more to the convo like an adult other than dirt slinging I'd be happy to converse with you but sadly you're the one embarassing yourself. Keep your head up bud.

2 hours ago, st33 said:

I don't disagree with you that Willie didn't give him a fair shot at the beginning, as he didn't get any time until we got hit with injuries. But his complaint was that he wasn't getting enough minutes, when I seem to recall he ended up with an average of 16-17 a game or something along those lines. What am I reading wrong?

If he wasn't in the shape needed and needed fitness training and conditioning...hello Utica? Was that not the whole point that willy d made? I agree he wasn't a good coach but even he knew he wasn't in NHL form and needed conditioning but he refused to go to minors to work on that. 

Silent, if you can add more to the convo like an adult other than dirt slinging I'd be happy to converse with you but sadly you're the one embarassing yourself. Keep your head up bud.

Like I said earlier in the morning, take it to the Prospects/ Tryamkin Thread.. your concerns have been brought up with other posters, torn down, ripped up..   History,. 3 years ago.

Go back 100 pages in that thread.. you will find what your looking for.

I do not share your concerns obviously.    “Keep your Head up bud”?? ... omfg :picard::sadno:

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Like I said earlier in the morning, take it to the Prospects/ Tryamkin Thread.. your concerns have been brought up with other posters, torn down, ripped up..   History,. 3 years ago.

Go back 100 pages in that thread.. you will find what your looking for.

I do not share your concerns obviously.    “Keep your Head up bud”?? ... omfg :picard::sadno:

You're the one arguing and continuing to post not me lol. 

It's a hockey term, don't be so sensitive. I'll stop posting on this. Thanks for the laughs.