The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

9 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

does anyone knows whats up witj tyler parsons?   he hasnt played any game yet .

its pretty rough to get infos about injured ahl players , not even at the team sites .

Published Tuesday, September 10, 2019 3:31PM MDT
Last Updated Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:24PM MDT

At this time last year, Flames goaltending prospect Tyler Parsons was a no show at the team's September Prospects camp. He was back home in Michigan battling concussion-like symptoms.

Parsons admits he went through some dark times.

“It definitely was a tough time,” he said. “I had a lot of ongoing symptoms that I just kind of let go on instead of fixing them right when they were happening”.

What a difference a year makes.

The 21-year-old is healthy now and feeling better than ever. He kept up with his strength and conditioning in the off-season but added something new to his training that has helped him both physically and mentally. He tried Functional Range Conditioning. His program was aimed specifically for goaltenders.

Parsons says it’s made a huge difference.

“I started doing a lot more F.R.C. (Functional Range Conditioning) training," he said.

"Just really strengthening those un-ranged motions,” he added. “One of the best parts of my game is my flexibility, so I really worked on making those in-ranges really strong, so it was really good.”

Stepping onto the ice, Parsons says he noticed the difference in his game right away.

“I just feel so much more controlled. I don’t have to move as much. I’m building up those small areas in my hips and making them strong, which allows me to stay more upright and more controlled and way more explosive.”

After what he went through last year, Parsons appreciates the game more than ever. Mentally, he’s in as good a space as he is physically and says he doesn’t take anything for granted after his injury problems in 2018.

“You see a bigger picture," he said. "Especially going through that dark place. It makes you a bigger person and I’m happy I got through it and happy people helped me get through it.”

The Flames prospects take on the Edmonton Oilers prospects at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday night. Parsons will watch from the press box as Dustin Wolf is scheduled to go the distance in goal for the Flames.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/flames-prospect-tyler-parsons-looking-for-more-consistency-1.4586965

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

thanks PO , even thats from september  and i allready read that article. 

but it seems he´s injured again   just before  gameday 1 in the ahl if  i got the news from the stockton head site correct. 

https://stocktonheat.com/news/season-preview-put-it-into-effect/

GOALTENDING

It’s a crowded crease in Stockton this season with Jon Gillies, Tyler Parsons and Artyom Zagidulin competing for ice time and a chance to earn a shot in Calgary. An iron-sharpens-iron approach could pay dividends as each member of the trio gets pushed.

Gillies put together a very solid second half for the Heat last season, a key contributor as the Heat made a late run in pushing for the playoffs. Parsons, a former second-round selection and World Junior champion with Team USA, has been somewhat snake-bitten by injuries in his young career but has shown flashes of brilliance, including setting the Heat’s single-game saves record not once but twice in the 2018-19 campaign. Zagidulin is an intriguing prospect as well, entering his first year of hockey in North America after posting impressive marks of 1.96 Goals Against Average and .924 Save Percentage with Russia’s Mettalurg Magnitogorsk last season.

“Goaltending will be a battle,” said MacLean. “These guys will obviously push each other, which is an excellent situation to have for young pros aspiring for the National Hockey League. It’s a great opportunity for those guys to compete. As the season goes on, lots of things happen.”

The kicker in that quote has unfortunately already reared its head, with Nick Schneider getting recalled from ECHL Kansas City to Stockton on Thursday after injuries to Gillies and Parsons. Schneider performed admirably in a similar spot a year ago, going 6-3 with a 2.45 GAA and .922 SVP.

Regardless of who’s occupying the blue paint, with how the situation currently stands the Heat should be in good shape.

but there is nothing bout the nature of this injury 

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone

3 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

thanks PO , even thats from september  and i allready read that article. 

but it seems he´s injured again   just before  gameday 1 in the ahl if  i got the news from the stockton head site correct. 

nuts...i see he still hasn't played one game but that is the most up to date mention i found. I didn't go look at the heat site...can't bring myself to go there, even if I have started to like the flames more in the past decade...hehe

• Upvote 1