The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

6034AFB8-D201-46B9-9E29-5CBDCC91EB2D.png

My NHL club may have to scratch and claw their way to a playoff spot this year, thanks to an absolutely stacked Eastern Conference, but my future is looking bright (college and junior edition):

A6DDDD75-97E8-4873-829A-CB77E27E1C40.jpeg

Scott Perunovich - Defense

GP 11

PTS: 17

70C851B1-6407-462B-9E09-328E6F549464.jpeg

Alexander Khovanov - Forward

GP: 20

PTS: 38

26D779DD-3B7E-4517-BDA2-5737E2BADC4A.jpeg

Nathan Smith - Forward

GP: 9

PTS: 10

D9336570-E3D6-43F7-86B8-B2BF3A582083.jpeg

David Farrance - Defense

GP: 12

PTS: 18

6ECD795E-4F89-40AB-A200-380EB9E39D9B.jpeg

John Beecher - Forward 

GP: 13

PTS: 8

8D58C7D0-F0E5-42F9-827B-1C7EFA48FF2D.jpeg

Tyler Tucker - Defense

GP: 18

PTS: 21

C4FAD2A7-8AE5-4B35-87E6-E031F9EF7EDC.jpeg

Noah Cates - Forward 

GP: 11

PTS: 9

80C58693-B00F-4804-B2A1-05630359D57A.jpeg

Michal Teply - Forward 

GP: 23

PTS: 22

3553BEB0-FC4C-4B66-B880-FF94A8845D99.jpeg

Serron Noel - Forward 

GP: 17

PTS: 15

Excited about all these young guys (not including my Euros). But Scott Perunovich, Alexander Khovanov, Nathan Smith, David Farrance, and John Beecher are guys I’m really looking forward to seeing sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 1

The Tampa Bay Lighting have announce today they will no longer be shopping the likes of Michaek Ferland or Connor Hellebuyck. The offers to date have been very underwhelming and we feel with that, they are better parts of our future, rather then not being in our team!

We thank all who have reached out

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Tylez said:

The Tampa Bay Lighting have announce today they will no longer be shopping the likes of Michaek Ferland or Connor Hellebuyck. The offers to date have been very underwhelming and we feel with that, they are better parts of our future, rather then not being in our team!

Really? No one has blown your doors down to acquire a pending UFA whose season might be over?

Just now, D-Money said:

I suspect there is a greater than 50% chance that Ferland is back this year. When and if he does, you'll do far better getting value from him in a return.

But to suggest that the problem is with the other GMs and their offers is sort of insulting. Are you hoping that one or more of the other GMs here, on a Canucks board, is unaware of his situation? Or do you think we're just idiots in general?

What insults..I was claiming that offers have not been to my liking therefore I am not going to shop him and try to re-sign him... Rather then field offers and just tell a GM no. Would rather not have someone waste there time.

You really think I'm that stupid to hope someone doesn't know the situation. Give your head a shake. 

Reasons like this $&!# is why I've lost interest in fanstay hockey. Think this proves my point.

I resign

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I suspect there is a greater than 50% chance that Ferland is back this year. When and if he does, you'll do far better getting value from him in a return.

But to suggest that the problem is with the other GMs and their offers is sort of insulting. Are you hoping that one or more of the other GMs here, on a Canucks board, is unaware of his situation? Or do you think we're just idiots in general?

:picard: Why the toxicity. Focus on your own business! :sadno: 

Edited by Rush17

9 hours ago, Tylez said:

10 minutes ago, Tylez said:

What insults..I was claiming that offers have not been to my liking therefore I am not going to shop him and try to re-sign him... Rather then field offers and just tell a GM no. Would rather not have someone waste there time.

I still want Ferland and Hamonic.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

:picard: Why the toxicity. Focus on your own business! :sadno: 

I've always found Tylez to be ridiculously hard to make a deal with, to the point where I don't even contact him anymore even if I am interested in a player he is shopping. So when I read that he's unhappy with the trade offers he's received for Ferland, I had to laugh, because given his current health concerns if he was offered anything of value that's probably a fair offer.

However, after reviewing my response to his response, I realize I let my own frustrations seep through. At the very least, I should have kept it out of the thread. Sorry guys - not that Tylez took his ball and went home - but sorry that I wasn't more respectful to all of you.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I've always found Tylez to be ridiculously hard to make a deal with, to the point where I don't even contact him anymore even if I am interested in a player he is shopping. So when I read that he's unhappy with the trade offers he's received for Ferland, I had to laugh, because given his current health concerns if he was offered anything of value that's probably a fair offer.

However, after reviewing my response to his response, I realize I let my own frustrations seep through. At the very least, I should have kept it out of the thread. Sorry guys - not that Tylez took his ball and went home - but sorry that I wasn't more respectful to all of you.

Everyone is difficult to negotiate with. This isn't the EA NHL franchise where you can go make foolish trades for nothing. This is 30 other real life people with day to day goings and $&!# going on IRL.

Why should I accept a $&!# deal for a player who put up 40 2 seasons in a row? An injury isn't the entire picture! It's a couple months or a season. But you're telling me a 27 yo player is dead in the water because of it? 

I don't like seeing bad trades, I'm sure I've been in a few, but I like to get value. We all hold different valuations. I'm not just going to roll over and take it up the ass on all my deals. I got some good offers, but not what I thought was going to help me or wasn't what I was looking for. End of story! 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Tylez said:

This is 30 other real life people with day to day goings and $&!# going on IRL.

I would like to amplify this as totally true and worth a double mention even while I am not taking any particular side but my own in saying so. 

We are living in an age of extreme liberties, rare accountability, and mass communication. With the Commander-In-Theif occupying the white house, Borris the Brexiteer in the UK and for some ridiculous reason a very loud very small minority of Canadians talking about choking on the dust that would be a Wexit....I think we all look to HOCKEY in general for a break from the harsh realities of our individual and group experiences in real life. I know I do. 

I am 100% interested in a better more friendly less adversarial fantasy hockey experience. I know I enjoy all of you guys for various reasons on here, we are each unique and we are just playing a game of Monopoly/Risk/Battleship, albeit one that goes on year over year....

As Jim Jefferies says often: We can all do better. 

• Upvote 2