The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Single game tickets - low availability, more to come?

Rate this topic

demonis

Hi all,

I was interested in attending a few select games with buddies, and I've been trying to get a hold of single game tickets. I found that generally availability has been pretty low since the beginning of the general public sale, and even during the pre-sale. Most of the central sectors are mostly unavailable (there are only a few seats closer to the sides). For some games, for example vs Chicago on Feb 12, Ticketmaster shows nothing, literally nothing available, in the entire arena. I tried calling Canucks ticket line, and they told me all of the central sector seats are bought by season ticket holders, and no more tickets is going to be released. Somehow I find it hard to believe. I know that their "Family packs" will be released in future, so there's that. 

Does anybody know if more tickets will be released throughout the year, or is this really all that's left? I'm debating whether I should go for less-than-optimal seats now, or wait for more to be released. 

Thanks

Edited by demonis

45 minutes ago, demonis said:

Hi all,

I was interested in attending a few select games with buddies, and I've been trying to get a hold of single game tickets. I found that generally availability has been pretty low since the beginning of the general public sale, and even during the pre-sale. Most of the central sectors are mostly unavailable (there are only a few seats closer to the sides). For some games, for example vs Chicago on Feb 12, Ticketmaster shows nothing, literally nothing available, in the entire arena. I tried calling Canucks ticket line, and they told me all of the central sector seats are bought by season ticket holders, and no more tickets is going to be released. Somehow I find it hard to believe. I know that their "Family packs" will be released in future, so there's that. 

Does anybody know if more tickets will be released throughout the year, or is this really all that's left? I'm debating whether I should go for less-than-optimal seats now, or wait for more to be released. 

Thanks

My friend had a similar issue last year. He found 4tickets in the central section right behind the sin bin, for 400 a piece. You might have to overpay to get them but they are always some tickets being sold. Just use a legit site and be cautious of scammers.

Best of luck hopefully it's a 7-5 win for us. A real classic hahaha

I've seen groups of random club seats pop up out of nowhere before, but this year I didn't take the risk and just got the best available seats (still great seats!) I'm not sure if they purposely hold on the seats and release them at a later date (maybe a marketing trick?) but I have seen seats come up before at random dates.

2 hours ago, demonis said:

Hi all,

Thanks

I’ll mention it but you’re likely already aware - try Tickpick. I just use the app. It’s slick, simple and you just scroll through best price or best deal or best seats. Shows you the price and a graphic of where the seats are. I’ve used it many times for canucks, mariners, Seahawks. No issues, good prices, no hidden fees and easy. All shown in USD though. 

Edited by zapperman

Feb 12th is kind of an important game so that'd be a possible reason why there were no tickets available.

It's amazing how well tickets sell in this market when you've got a half decent NHL roster eh?

Supply and demand. Get em while they're hot!

Edited by BrockBoester

Thanks all for suggestions. Yes, there are a number of reseller websites - StubHub, VividSeats, TicketExchange etc. I guess some people grab tickets right when they go on sale and then re-sell them there. What I don't get is, I was on the Ticketmaster website right when the pre-sale started, and the first seat map that I see already has most of the central sectors unavailable. I just don't see how this many seats may be sold out that fast. Even if some of them are blocked for season members.

I suspect Canucks release tickets in waves, as a marketing trick (although I don't know what the point of that is), and I was hoping that someone here can confirm/disprove that that's the case.

14 minutes ago, demonis said:

Thanks all for suggestions. Yes, there are a number of reseller websites - StubHub, VividSeats, TicketExchange etc. I guess some people grab tickets right when they go on sale and then re-sell them there. What I don't get is, I was on the Ticketmaster website right when the pre-sale started, and the first seat map that I see already has most of the central sectors unavailable. I just don't see how this many seats may be sold out that fast. Even if some of them are blocked for season members.

I suspect Canucks release tickets in waves, as a marketing trick (although I don't know what the point of that is), and I was hoping that someone here can confirm/disprove that that's the case.

you might be right about the way they release tickets as I don't have that info, but I do know that they previously had to cap season ticket members at 17000, which left only 1600-1800 seats available to the general public for individual games. I don't know how those numbers have changed over the last 7 or 8 years, especially since the team stopped doing summer summits/state of the franchise events, but low availability for single game tickets from the primary marketplace seems fairly normal to me. 

25 minutes ago, demonis said:

There is a very simple answer to this.

If you don’t have any type of ticket pack, There are at least 4 pre-sales before single game tickets go on sale to the general public.

1. Club/Suite Pre-Sale

2. STH Pre-sale

3. Half STH Pre-sale

4. Ice-pack pre-sale

Feb 12th was virtually sold out after the Season ticket holder pre-sale.  As a STH I had trouble buying an additional pair to that game on the day of our pre-sale for extra single game tickets

• Thanks 1