The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Extinction Rebellion - More Traffic Disruption Planned For Vancouver Friday

DonLever

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ok. Estimated costs???

That's all I know man, I just think it would be a great solution. For whoever's in charge there, there's probably no incentive for them to change status quo. This would probably only happen at a lack of a viable alternative (Not necessarily a renewable one, but a profitable one, yes)

I think the more people that know about this the better.

11 hours ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

This climate crisis hysteria (Prevalent in first world non Asian countries) I think is just that, hysteria. And its being taken advantage of by the powers that be and used to sell ads, and keep them in power and tax. Those folks that are out there are well meaning people mostly, I think. They either are thinking of ours and our children's survival, or they just want to belong to something...

It is hard to protest climate change in a 3rd world country when you are just trying to feed your family and survival.   In 1st world countries we basically have it pretty good and not experienced hardship since the Depression of the 1930's and WWII.   In other words we are pretty spoiled as we have benefitted greatly from the use of fossil fuels.   Without them, we would still be an agrarian society.

6 hours ago, DonLever said:

It is hard to protest climate change in a 3rd world country when you are just trying to feed your family and survival.   In 1st world countries we basically have it pretty good and not experienced hardship since the Depression of the 1930's and WWII.   In other words we are pretty spoiled as we have benefitted greatly from the use of fossil fuels.   Without them, we would still be an agrarian society.

I think my point there was that there are first world countries such as China and Russia where people aren't integrated into this hysteria, as is why I didn't include the continent Africa in my statement.

I can easily agree with what you are saying. And also the sky is blue. :P

FYI same benefit could be applied to both China and Russia, who's own benefit from the use of fossil fuels out weighs our own. 

Nothing to see here folks.....that's just a "Chinese hoax" coming down from the North.....:rolleyes:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/09/weather/snowstorm-colorado-dakota-montana/index.html

An intense and potentially historic fall snowstorm is expected to dump feet of snow starting Wednesday across portions of the north-central United States.

It begins on Wednesday night and Thursday, when extreme cold temperatures will sweep down from the north.
Then a low will exit the Rockies and track northeast across the Plains leaving a blanket of snow across the region.
A drastic temperature drop Wednesday will make it feel like Denver has gone from fall to winter in 24 hours.
Temperatures there will plummet from a high around 80 degrees Fahrenheit Wednesday to below freezing for Thursday's high.
Much of Colorado will transition from hazardous fire conditions to a freeze warning in only a matter of hours.
191009103732-weather-snow-storm-temperat
Once the temperatures drop, record lows are likely to be broken across much of the region.
This temperature plunge will start in the northern Rockies and dive southward to parts of northern Texas by Friday morning. Freeze watches and warnings stretch from Nebraska to Texas.
Other notable temperature drops this week include:
• Amarillo: From 85 degrees to 29 degrees in 36 hours
• Minneapolis: From 65 degrees to 33 degrees in 33 hours
Kansas City: From 71 degrees to 41 degrees in 15 hours
• Albuquerque: From 70 degrees to 29 degrees in 15 hours
• Oklahoma City: From 74 degrees to 39 degrees in 18 hours
• Lubbock: From 80° to 34° in 16 hours
• Chicago: From 68 degrees to 38 degrees in 18 hours

Snow totals could break records

191009104953-weather-snow-storm-winds-20

The National Weather Service office in Bismarck is referring to this storm as a "potentially historic October winter storm", as parts of 10 states are under some sort of winter watch, warning or advisory from the northern Rockies to the northern Plains.
The storm could shatter October snow records across much of the Dakotas as it intensifies Wednesday evening and dumps 1 to 2 feet of snow through Thursday night.
Along with the snow, wind gusts of 40-50 mph or more are expected, producing possible blizzard conditions and making travel extremely dangerous. Along with blowing snow, the winds could bring down trees and power lines, resulting in power outages and whiteout conditions on the roads. Expect treacherous travel on the roads and well as airport delays through the end of the week.
191009103616-weather-winter-watch-and-wa

The snow will continue into Friday for portions of eastern North and South Dakota, before moving into portions of Minnesota by Saturday. The storm system intensifies and moves Wednesday night into the northern Plains, with winter storm warnings issued there and 1 to 2 feet of snow expected.

Extreme winds could lead to whiteouts

191009103736-weather-snow-storm-winds-20

Wind gusts stronger than 20 mph can be expected across the Denver region, with parts of Montana getting gusts over 30 mph. In addition to falling limbs, these winds will also contribute to blowing snow conditions, diminishing visibility on roads.
The snowstorm by Saturday will reach as far east as Minneapolis before the system moves into Canada.

This channel has plenty of video-context for the climate change discussion.

Take a scroll. It’s pretty good. There’s lots to choose from that takes on the sophistry behind the hysteria, which I think is an important aspect to this discussion. 

I like the message of this video concerning actual, not perceived, cost/benefit to us home owners for green energy. It’s one thing to support green whatever, but another to pay for it, which I think is the point in this interesting video. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?

7 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

This channel has plenty of video-context for the climate change discussion.

Take a scroll. It’s pretty good. There’s lots to choose from that takes on the sophistry behind the hysteria, which I think is an important aspect to this discussion. 

I like the message of this video concerning actual, not perceived, cost/benefit to us home owners for green energy. It’s one thing to support green whatever, but another to pay for it, which I think is the point in this interesting video. 

The Global Warming Policy Forum. We are an all-party and non-party think tank, which, while open-minded on the contested science of global warming, is deeply concerned about the costs and other implications of many of the policies currently being advocated.

LOL

3 minutes ago, inane said:

The Global Warming Policy Forum. We are an all-party and non-party think tank, which, while open-minded on the contested science of global warming, is deeply concerned about the costs and other implications of many of the policies currently being advocated.

LOL

Lol?

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Lol?

'open minded on the contested science' lol

with videos titled 'green killing machines' 'climate hysteria is unjustified' etc. 

It's LOL at these people who are all 'i'm so open minded and free thinking' but just straight up deny.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, inane said:

'open minded on the contested science' lol

with videos titled 'green killing machines' 'climate hysteria is unjustified' etc. 

It's LOL at these people who are all 'i'm so open minded and free thinking' but just straight up deny.

Meh, what am I supposed to say here? Thanks for the reply just the same. 

I’m not going to change how you think, we both know that, regardless of what you think.