The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

It doesn't matter what Kenney does.

if he does right, he's doing it for Alberta.  If he does wrong, it's ok it's someone else's fault; I didn't vote for him.  Or something.  That's gaslighting baby, red herrings for everyone

I get that, but he's got a chance to really corner Trudeau and he's blowing it. No one outside of AB cares about AB anger. But it AB plays nice on 2050 all the pressure is on Trudeau. By not playing ball Kenney is giving Trudeau an out that plays in the rest of the country thats concerned about climate change. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I get that, but he's got a chance to really corner Trudeau and he's blowing it. No one outside of AB cares about AB anger. But it AB plays nice on 2050 all the pressure is on Trudeau. By not playing ball Kenney is giving Trudeau an out that plays in the rest of the country thats concerned about climate change. 

Kenney left federal office playing on peoples anger.  He took federal office playing on peoples anger.  He jumped in to political office playing on peoples anger and won his office in Alberta by; you guessed it.

Whether it makes sense politically or not.  The moment he stops being angry he leaves people confused and without direction.  A mob of angry confused directionless people is dangerous.  If he can focus their anger he has a weapon.  The saddest part is how this direct or indirect orchestration has lead to the WEXIT party and the further divisions of this nation.  Which, of course is 100% JTs fault, or the left, or environmentalists or someone but certainly never home made

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

right but in both cases they aren't doing the right thing for their respective province. You could argue that Horgan is doing what the majority of voters support by the legislature seat count. 

But whats Kenney's excuse? This is what I'm getting at RS, this "fight" mentality leads to dumb decision making thats just hurting you guys. 

I never said you were wrong and as you know I don't care for JK. But if your approval is around 43%(would still win a majority) you need to do what voters want. I told you guys before the party is far more popular than JK.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they're all important. Its like saying the gas in your car is more important than having tires. 

Kenney is blowing an opportunity. If he agrees to an aspirational 2050 plan it puts Trudeau in a corner he can't get out of. 

JK has put a levy on big emitters. We are planting lots of trees but a carbon tax is out of the question. However if we lose that battle I would prefer the province look at it's own, not Ottawa's. 

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I never said you were wrong and as you know I don't care for JK. But if your approval is around 43%(would still win a majority) you need to do what voters want. I told you guys before the party is far more popular than JK.

JK has put a levy on big emitters. We are planting lots of trees but a carbon tax is out of the question. However if we lose that battle I would prefer the province look at it's own, not Ottawa's. 

they will lose that case, Ottawa can tax what it wants to. 

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Kenney left federal office playing on peoples anger.  He took federal office playing on peoples anger.  He jumped in to political office playing on peoples anger and won his office in Alberta by; you guessed it.

Whether it makes sense politically or not.  The moment he stops being angry he leaves people confused and without direction.  A mob of angry confused directionless people is dangerous.  If he can focus their anger he has a weapon.  The saddest part is how this direct or indirect orchestration has lead to the WEXIT party and the further divisions of this nation.  Which, of course is 100% Its fault, or the left, or environmentalists or someone but certainly never home made

hence the myth lives on. At some point you'd have to think people in Alberta would start to see it for what it is, but I think its maybe gone too far now and is too much a part of the culture. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I LOVE this statement so much, it really hammers home just how out in the field so many are right now about the state of things

image.png.244857bb56c2ed3b3d8aa72312122176.png

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they will lose that case, Ottawa can tax what it wants to. 

hence the myth lives on. At some point you'd have to think people in Alberta would start to see it for what it is, but I think its maybe gone too far now and is too much a part of the culture. 

It's been 45 years, it's still Trudeau's fault.  or the NEP.  Or BCs.  etc etc etc etc

When you've been effectively blaming everyone else for almost 5 decades that's a level of intergenerational blame shifting.

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's been 45 years, it's still Trudeau's fault.  or the NEP.  Or BCs.  etc etc etc etc

When you've been effectively blaming everyone else for almost 5 decades that's a level of intergenerational blame shifting.

When you have been carrying the country for 45 years you earned the right to complain. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I love how you didn't quote the whole sentence. 

I didn't need to.

There was an in province carbon tax.  Kenney said he'd stuff it.  He did.  JT imposed one, Kenney negotiated it...to be effectively identical to the one he scrapped.  Except Alberta now loses that money to the feds.  But you hope if there is one that Alberta can make it in house.

The galling simplicity of how amusing that circle is is delightful

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

When you have been carrying the country for 45 years you earned the right to complain. 

Show in numbers how Alberta carried the nation for 45 years compared to literally everyone else.

Please.

You know full well that talking point has been deflated and trounced faster than Berniers leadership bid numerous times but you keep repeating it.

Much like I've stated, you skip from one talking to point to the next in an endless cycle.  We'll disprove this one again and you'll circle back to it; and again and again and again. At this point I am sure people like Jimmy have the exact same information on hand for easy copy/paste for the frequency this has been done over the last 18 months

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I didn't need to.

There was an in province carbon tax.  Kenney said he'd stuff it.  He did.  JT imposed one, Kenney negotiated it...to be effectively identical to the one he scrapped.  Except Alberta now loses that money to the feds.  But you hope if there is one that Alberta can make it in house.

The galling simplicity of how amusing that circle is is delightful

Honestly you're completely clueless!

I DON'T WANT A CARBON TAX IT HURTS ALBERTA AND IT'S A SCAM!!

But if we have to have one I want a provincial one and sure af don't want the one the ndp had. Jk didn't negotiate anything. 

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Show in numbers how Alberta carried the nation for 45 years compared to literally everyone else.

Please.

You know full well that talking point has been deflated and trounced faster than Berniers leadership bid numerous times but you keep repeating it.

Much like I've stated, you skip from one talking to point to the next in an endless cycle.  We'll disprove this one again and you'll circle back to it; and again and again and again. At this point I am sure people like Jimmy have the exact same information on hand for easy copy/paste for the frequency this has been done over the last 18 months

Just look at equalization. Numbers don't lie only hippies do.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Hip posted an article worth talking about. The Teck CEO has stated they need a government partner, a pipeline and oil prices have to be relatively high (at least for now). So even if TMX and Trudeau approve it, it still may not happen.

Be honest now, if Teck turns it down due to global oil prices, how many in Alberta will still blame Trudeau?

Project is a pig. Never going forward due to unprofitability.  Plus more and more Canadians are starting to realize global warming threatens our planet.

Less and less boomer influence going forward. Hopefully with this our planet has a future.  Ignorance is bliss.  Knowledge may save our planet.

Honestly you're completely clueless!

I DON'T WANT A CARBON TAX IT HURTS ALBERTA AND IT'S A SCAM!!

But if we have one I want a provincial one and sure af don't want the one the ndp had. Jk didn't negotiate anything. 

Just look at equalization. Numbers don't lie only hippies do.

image.png.080621079384f6add252d6da9031a3fe.png

Asks for proof that Alberta carried the nation. *you're a meanie head*

Still don't see your proof.  

Points out that the Alberta carbon tax is the same as the Alberta carbon tax "you're so mean"

It's the same tax.  Almost dollar for dollar.  The difference is, the money leaves Alberta and you get larger rebates but far less for provincial infrastructure projects.

I mean, it's sincerely enjoyable watching you create these false narratives and revise history to suit your beliefs

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/new-year-new-carbon-tax-what-albertans-can-expect

Meet the new tax, same as the old tax

In terms of cost to consumers, the federal government’s carbon tax is nearly indistinguishable from the one the NDP implemented in 2017.

At the time that the UCP repealed that tax, carbon was priced at $30 per tonne — exactly the same as what the federal tax will impose starting in April.

One vital difference, however, is where revenue from the new carbon tax will go. Under the new tax, Albertans will get more money back in rebates but will see less funding for local infrastructure projects.

“As far as the cost to Albertans go, we should be entirely indifferent. It’s basically the same tax,” said University of Calgary economist Jennifer Winter. “But with the federal tax, it’s more favourable to individuals because they’re getting a higher rebate compared to the NDP rebate.”

The NDP gave rebates to lower-income individuals and households, using an income test for eligibility. They used the rest of the carbon tax revenue for funding projects such as Calgary’s Green Line LRT or Energy Efficiency Alberta. The federal Liberals are using the vast majority of their revenue for rebates, with a smaller allocation for other emission-reduction initiatives.

“What the federal government is doing is taking 90 per cent of the revenue and using it to rebate to Albertans, while the other 10 per cent is devoted to specialized programs,” Winter said.

For those wanting to keep costs down, Wilmot recommends measures such as installing a smart thermostat, maintaining your furnace and reducing the temperature of your water heater.

@Warhippy if you don't like it leave the thread. Go to a different thread and talk about the 500,000 you have in the bank or the 20 continents and 9000 countries you have been to or extensive background in everything. Or maybe spend some time to figure out the name of the party you vote for. You're the uneducated voter people talk about...you didn't even know the name of the party you vote for lol.

Honestly I'm probably done responding to you.

• Upvote 1

Dammit.  Horgan conceded defeat in both pipeline cases.

Ugghhh

This is someone's fault I know it, this won't get built because obviously it's a big conspiracy to keep Alberta down.  They'll never let this get built.  Ever.

https://nationalpost.com/news/premier-john-horgan-says-court-rulings-on-pipelines-should-be-respected

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Dammit.  Horgan conceded defeat in both pipeline cases.

Ugghhh

This is someone's fault I know it, this won't get built because obviously it's a big conspiracy to keep Alberta down.  They'll never let this get built.  Ever.

https://nationalpost.com/news/premier-john-horgan-says-court-rulings-on-pipelines-should-be-respected

You post in Hope's to argue. If you put this much energy on work you could probably buy that house rather than cry constantly and hope someone else will pay for it for you.

• Haha 2

@Warhippy if you don't like it leave the thread. Go to a different thread and talk about the 500,000 you have in the bank or the 20 continents and 9000 countries you have been to or extensive background in everything. Or maybe spend some time to figure out the name of the party you vote for. You're the uneducated voter people talk about...you didn't even know the name of the party you vote for lol.

Honestly I'm probably done responding to you.

No you're not :)

If I don't like it leave?  Sorry what?  If I don;'t like you ignoring basic questions and instead reporting to base personal attacks and insinuations because you're not man enough to answer simple questions to which you should have information on; being so sure of yourself and all.  I should leave allowing you to continue the same patterns of behaviour without being called out?

Nah; I think I'll stay here a while.  You can't quit me Strome.

image.png.724e481051381187e1e7fa74e15bf663.png

• Haha 1