The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BRAGGING ABOUT OUR GUYS!!! Update Nov 24th

Rate this topic

Snapshot85

13 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol EP is a great superstar.. generational talent? homerism much? draisaitl is on pace for 150 points this season and he's not even considered a generational talent lol. while we are bragging we won the 2017 draft with EP.. Colorado would like to beg to differ.. If anything Cale Makar is closer to a generational talent than EP.. more than a PPG as a rookie defenseman? that's unheard of.. since 2000 there's only 4 players that averaged 1 point per game as a defencemen and he's on pace to avg more than that as a rookie

Draisaitl took 5 seasons to hit 100 and played along side generational talent mcdavid

cale makar might be generational. But team plays a factor too. Put Hughes on that team and style and he could also be putting up those numbers. Plus major has a year in age abound Hughes.

Not homer vision, EP if he breaks 100 pts in second season (which he could) he would def be in the same discussion as generational talent. 

Hughes on pace for 60pts as rookie def puts him ahead of dahlin who is touted as generational 

5 minutes ago, Krzysl said:

Draisaitl took 5 seasons to hit 100 and played along side generational talent mcdavid

cale makar might be generational. But team plays a factor too. Put Hughes on that team and style and he could also be putting up those numbers. Plus major has a year in age abound Hughes.

Not homer vision, EP if he breaks 100 pts in second season (which he could) he would def be in the same discussion as generational talent. 

Hughes on pace for 60pts as rookie def puts him ahead of dahlin who is touted as generational 

Lol point production in ur first couple season doesnt define whether or not you are generational.. malkin meets all your criteria.. yet hes only regarded as a franchise player.. rarely mentioned as a generational talent.. 

13 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol EP is a great superstar.. generational talent? homerism much? draisaitl is on pace for 150 points this season and he's not even considered a generational talent lol. while we are bragging we won the 2017 draft with EP.. Colorado would like to beg to differ.. If anything Cale Makar is closer to a generational talent than EP.. more than a PPG as a rookie defenseman? that's unheard of.. since 2000 there's only 4 players that averaged 1 point per game as a defencemen and he's on pace to avg more than that as a rookie

Mcdavid became the 7th player in history to make 100pts befor the age of 22

elias “if” he hits 100 before 22 he will be 8th putting him in the discussion of generational, ovie didn’t make that list. Among the list Wayne, Mario , Sid , Mcdavid,

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

Lol point production in ur first couple season doesnt define whether or not you are generational.. malkin meets all your criteria.. yet hes only regarded as a franchise player.. rarely mentioned as a generational talent.. 

Read my most recent post.

3 minutes ago, Krzysl said:

elias “if” he hits 100 before 22 he will be 8th putting him in the discussion of generational, ovie didn’t make that list. Among the list Wayne, Mario , Sid , Mcdavid,

So eer wheres malkin on that list? He entered the league as a 20 year old finished with 85 points and the next year 106 and then 113? And hes not even a generational talent 

6 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Also Malkin played along side Crosby, give Elias a draisitl and see what happens .. lol

17 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Um malkin carried the team to the first couple stanley cup.. and malkin doesnt play along side crosby most of the time.. maybe the power play 

Definitely the pp, like I said give Elias draisitl even only on the pp and see what happens.

5 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Draistl and malkin produces by themselves even without the top tier player just saying 

Even if on separate lines it helps when the top pairing d are not defending you because they are defending the other line and can’t focus their game plan to shut you down. If EP has a franchise  player  putting up 100 pts I bet you my house EP  would have made 100 points rookie season and definitely 100+ this season.

Side note Malkin was a year older the EP when he broke the nhl.   

10 hours ago, Krzysl said:

You realize on pace for six seven weeks into a season is hardly going to be AccurAte.

ps Dahlin was 18 and had to make the transition from big ice to small ice, and played on an even worse offense and still put up the second best season in nhl history by an 18 yr old passing Bobby Orr who was second.

i don’t think Hughes is fat off dahlin but we will see.

i don’t pettersson is going to get 100 Pts nor do I think it would make him

generational if he did.

barzal got 86 Pts in his FIRST season and most people don’t even list him in the top 15 centers let alone forwards let alone players.

he would definitely be in the conversation and was one of the top ten players in the game with generational potential but one season doesent make anyone generational.

i agree with what you said about draisaitl.

5 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

You realize on pace for six seven weeks into a season is hardly going to be AccurAte.

ps Dahlin was 18 and had to make the transition from big ice to small ice, and played on an even worse offense and still put up the second best season in nhl history by an 18 yr old passing Bobby Orr who was second.

i don’t think Hughes is fat off dahlin but we will see.

i don’t pettersson is going to get 100 Pts nor do I think it would make him

generational if he did.

barzal got 86 Pts in his FIRST season and most people don’t even list him in the top 15 centers let alone forwards let alone players.

he would definitely be in the conversation and was one of the top ten players in the game with generational potential but one season doesent make anyone generational.

i agree with what you said about draisaitl.

If he makes 100 pts this season he will be the 8th player ever to do it before age 22. 4 of the 7 that did it or generational. Ovechekin never did it. Not sure what’s hard to get that “if” big “if” but could get it he would definitely should be in the discussion because like mentioned before check out the list of players that have done it before 22. Also compare their line mates. EP has let’s face it not much help on the forwards line. 

20 hours ago, Krzysl said:

Umm what? Ovie hit 105 in his rookie season

9 hours ago, Krzysl said:

If he makes 100 pts this season he will be the 8th player ever to do it before age 22. 4 of the 7 that did it or generational. Ovechekin never did it. Not sure what’s hard to get that “if” big “if” but could get it he would definitely should be in the discussion because like mentioned before check out the list of players that have done it before 22. Also compare their line mates. EP has let’s face it not much help on the forwards line. 

Orr, Bossy, Trottier, Gretzky, Kurri, Messier, Anderson, Coffey, Hawerchuk, Yzerman, Lemieux, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, McDavid...here are 15 players that had 100pt+ seasons before 22 or during the season they turned 22. There are probably a few more so its probably closer to 20 if I did a bit more digging.

Found more...Savard, Ciccarelli, Pederson, Robitaille, Carson, Sakic, Turgeon, Brown, Roenick, Bure, Kariya, Staal, Jagr had 99pts at 21 and missed 2 games. A few others would be here too but most rookies were 20-21 in the 60's and 70's for example, Marcel Dionne had 121pts at age 23 in his 4th season but didn't even get drafted until he was 20.

27 and counting...

Edited by GritGrinder