The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Getting Domi

22 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

I really think its the missing piece to the team for a serious run.
The chemistry with Horvat would be fantastic.

Miller Pettersson Virtanen

Domi Horvat Boeser

Roussel Gaudette Pearson

Motte Beagle Sutter

What MTL need ? They were interested by Baertschi, so he would be part of the deal, but clearly not the starting point. 

Leivo (36 7-12 for 19), Baertschi and Fantenberg for Domi ? they dont have started the negociation talks and he s a pending RFA so ... 
By trading Fantenberg we make place for Tryamkin. 

Thoughts ? 

upgrade of Leivo?

upgrade of Fantenberg ? 

if MTL keeps the trend they will miss the playoffs, so instead they would want some A- / B+  prospect ? Rafferty could make them bite but its a overpayment if Domi walk away at the end of the season. 

EDIT : gentlemen gentlemen... take a breath. I proposed a very low trade idea on purpose. We re not talking about the value of Horvat or Boeser with friendly contracts. We re talking about a RFA with some inconsistencies, and I’m taking into consideration that MTL could be afraid letting him go for nothing if negotiation talks failed.

Domi takes Gaudette to bring in.  

Don't think that is a good move salary wise.  

This team has great chemistry and everyone has bought into the coach.  

We don't need more forwards, while we could use a upgrade to our defence, it has been hugely upgraded already and this teams secret weapon is depth.  

Shedding a but of cap space makes sense.  But without any big change to the dressing room.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 9:31 AM, smithers joe said:

i would think it would cost lind and a first round pick to get domi. 

I wonder if they'd do:

Tanner Pearson, Thatcher Demko, and their choice of Kole Lind or Tyler Madden for Max Domi, Keith Kinkaid and their first round pick in either 2020 or 2021 ( their choice )?

Domi gives us a top six grinder who puts up numbers. He's also buddies with Horvat. He'd fit right in. At 25, he's still got a lot of years ahead of him and would, imo, complete our top-six.

Kinkaid is obviously going to be taking over backup duties. I like him because he's a true backup; he'll never challenge for a starting position and shouldn't cost much to re-sign to a short term deal.

We also get a first round pick that probably gets deferred to next year but then gives us two in one draft. Not bad. Imo.

They get a replacement for Domi's lost offence in Pearson, a goalie that may make the prospect of cashing in on Carey Price more tantalizing, and a top notch prospect to add to their future lineup.

Miller           Pettersson          Boeser

Domi           Horvat                 Virtanen            

39 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

I wonder if they'd do:

Tanner Pearson, Thatcher Demko, and their choice of Kole Lind or Tyler Madden for Max Domi, Keith Kinkaid and their first round pick in either 2020 or 2021 ( their choice )?

Domi gives us a top six grinder who puts up numbers. He's also buddies with Horvat. He'd fit right in. At 25, he's still got a lot of years ahead of him and would, imo, complete our top-six.

Kinkaid is obviously going to be taking over backup duties. I like him because he's a true backup; he'll never challenge for a starting position and shouldn't cost much to re-sign to a short term deal.

We also get a first round pick that probably gets deferred to next year but then gives us two in one draft. Not bad. Imo.

They get a replacement for Domi's lost offence in Pearson, a goalie that may make the prospect of cashing in on Carey Price more tantalizing, and a top notch prospect to add to their future lineup.

Miller           Pettersson          Boeser

Domi           Horvat                 Virtanen            

Not a chance. Domi >Pearson 

they have no need for Demko with Primeau in the system. Lind and Madden are nice but I don’t see either of them moving the needle enough for Montreal to trade Domi and a high 1st . Never happen. 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Montreal would need a player+ b+ prospect and pick. They would probably want a nice center prospect.

To MTL:

Antoine Roussel (French guy they love that)

Tyler Madden

2021 2nd round pick Conditional (If Canucks Win a playoff series then it turns into a 2021 1st round pick)

There is zero reason for Montreal to make that trade.  You’re asking for a 24 year old spark plug that put up 72 points as a centre last season. In return you’re offering a bottom 6 winger who’s been hurt most the year, an undersized C prospect who might eventually be able to replace Domi’s production (who also might never play in the league) and a conditional pick. 

It’s a bunch of nickels for a quarter. 

Edited by qwijibo