The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 27, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

He’s not a third line winger! It’s temporary. Green is rounding his game. The Exact same thing he’s done in the past with Virtanen. 

How do you know that?  Does Boeser look like the same player that he was before?  He's simply not a great skater and that is going to limit his effectiveness.  Why not move him when his value is high and shore up the team on places where it's desperately needed?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

He’s not a third line winger! It’s temporary. Green is rounding his game. The Exact same thing he’s done in the past with Virtanen. 

Miller Petey Jake looks far more dangerous than it did with Boes, imo.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

So you do understand it....so you weren't confused you were just using it as a down vote......ah

last I checked this is a forum and is filled with if's lol

its my opinion if you don't like it then ask....

Its not like I'm trolling and I actually laid out a decent theory....

You don't like it cause your a Brock fan......

I’m more of an Bo and Virtanen fan actually. Your entitled to your opinion. I’m out. Too much insanity for one day 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

How do you know that?  Does Boeser look like the same player that he was before?  He's simply not a great skater and that is going to limit his effectiveness.  Why not move him when his value is high and shore up the team on places where it's desperately needed?

Hell yeah buddy trade him while we still can he’s in decline. 20 year old Boeser was so yesterday. We need a new shiny toy

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

What's Virtanens production been for the last 20 games?  Did he produce on the third line?

Miller Petey Jake

Pearson Bo Leivo

I'm happy with that top 6 plus a possible top 10 pick or top 3 RD.  

Funny how you are banking on Jakes past 20 games and have given him all the rope in the world yet Boeser has been putting up the same numbers since day 1 yet you have been down on the kid since day 1.   I think you have a dislike for the guy, no matter what you say here....at first you thought he belonged in Utica and ever since then he has been high on your trade bait radar.  Hey , we are all entitled to our opinions here...not coming down on you for that.

There is not enough evidence to show that Jake will keep this up.  I love the kid but I want more proof. Like a full season of first line production.

Saying you would trade brock for a top 10 pick with the hope that the top 10 pick turns out anywhere near good as Brock doesnt make sense.

Id rather bank on guys like Juolevi working out than gambling on trading one of the best young wingers this Org has ever drafted ...just to create another hole....

Just now, Devron44 said:

Hell yeah buddy trade him while we still can he’s in decline. 20 year old Boeser was so yesterday. We need a new shiny toy

You're stuck on the idea that it's about Boeser, it's not.  It's about using an area of surplus to improve an area of need.  They desperately need to improve their defense and they very much want to get that first back.  There's only two ways to do that, imo.  They can trade one of Marky/Demko or they can trade Boeser.......those are the only players with enough value to make that improvement.

Imo, they won't move a goalie until they are dead sure on Dipietro, but if Jake scores consistently for the remainder of the season, then Boes is a huge chip at the draft.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Funny how you are banking on Jakes past 20 games and have given him all the rope in the world yet Boeser has been putting up the same numbers since day 1 yet you have been down on the kid since day 1.   I think you have a dislike for the guy, no matter what you say here....at first you thought he belonged in Utica and ever since then he has been high on your trade bait radar.  Hey , we are all entitled to our opinions here...not coming down on you for that.

There is not enough evidence to show that Jake will keep this up.  I love the kid but I want more proof. Like a full season of first line production.

Saying you would trade brock for a top 10 pick with the hope that the top 10 pick turns out anywhere near good as Brock doesnt make sense.

Id rather bank on guys like Juolevi working out than gambling on trading one of the best young wingers this Org has ever drafted ...just to create another hole....

Jake has improved every season, playing low mins with players like Sutter, Beagle, Roussel etc.  He's produced everywhere he's played, relative to his mins.  It's been absolutely no surprise to me that given high mins with offensive players he is producing at a similar rate as Boeser.......he also adds a lot more to that line than they had with Boes.  I see nothing that indicates this is a flash on the pan for Jake.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

You're stuck on the idea that it's about Boeser, it's not.  It's about using an area of surplus to improve an area of need.  They desperately need to improve their defense and they very much want to get that first back.  There's only two ways to do that, imo.  They can trade one of Marky/Demko or they can trade Boeser.......those are the only players with enough value to make that improvement.

Imo, they won't move a goalie until they are dead sure on Dipietro, but if Jake scores consistently for the remainder of the season, then Boes is a huge chip at the draft.

Benning's been pretty adamant about not moving any of the young core, and also about extending Marky. 

If anyone U25 is on the potential block its Demko, and only due to Seattle. 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Jake has improved every season, playing low mins with players like Sutter, Beagle, Roussel etc.  He's produced everywhere he's played, relative to his mins.  It's been absolutely no surprise to me that given high mins with offensive players he is producing at a similar rate as Boeser.......he also adds a lot more to that line than they had with Boes.  I see nothing that indicates this is a flash on the pan for Jake.

and 5 games proves this?  Cowan looked like a first line winger for a few games too a few years back.  Not saying Jake is Cowan...its an extreme example...but this is way too short of a sample size.

Also, you say we have a surplus of wingers.  We dont have a surplus of proven top line wingers.  Aside from brock we have JT...thats it.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Benning's been pretty adamant about not moving any of the young core, and also about extending Marky. 

If anyone U25 is on the potential block its Demko, and only due to Seattle. 

Jake producing numbers similar to Boeser changes the gameplan, imo.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

and 5 games proves this?  Cowan looked like a first line winger for a few games too a few years back.  Not saying Jake is Cowan...its an extreme example...but this is way too short of a sample size.

Also, you say we have a surplus of wingers.  We dont have a surplus of proven top line wingers.  Aside from brock we have JT...thats it.

It's not like Jake came out of nowhere.  He was on an 18 goal pace over 82 games last season, playing 10-12 mins a night with Sutter, Beagle etc.

Just now, stawns said:

Jake producing numbers similar to Boeser changes the gameplan, imo.  

isn't the game-plan Brock as #2RW with Bo eventually? the consensus seems to be that Brock is on the 3rd line to gain more defensive skills, and once he's done that he can replace Loui.  I get it, I'm not thrilled with the fit between AG and Boeser (so far anyway) but you can see the thinking there. 

Just now, stawns said:

It's not like Jake came out of nowhere.  He was on an 18 goal pace over 82 games last season, playing 10-12 mins a night with Sutter, Beagle etc.

still not a proven top line winger.

But this whole conversation is insane IMHO.  you think teams like tampa and washington, legit top tier teams, want to trade their top line wingers as soon as they think someone can replace them? Those teams hoard young talented forwards, you need as many as you can get....just because Jake is showing promise doesnt mean we do a fire sale with the only other under 25 winger that puts up points.

hypothetically if this team misses the playoffs, they win the draft lotto, get lafreniere are you going to want for Petey to be traded?  

isn't the game-plan Brock as #2RW with Bo eventually? the consensus seems to be that Brock is on the 3rd line to gain more defensive skills, and once he's done that he can replace Loui.  I get it, I'm not thrilled with the fit between AG and Boeser (so far anyway) but you can see the thinking there. 

Possibly, but he's weak defensively and hes a perimeter sniper, I'm not sure that fits with Bo and TP either.  They go up against the top lines shift after shift and Leivo is a better fit there imo.

I get why people think I'm down on Boes, but I'm not.  I like him, think he's a good guy and a solid sniper.......I just think if he's not playing with Petey, there's not really a place for him to fit on the roster.  To me, his greatest value is an asset

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

But this whole conversation is insane IMHO.  you think teams like tampa and washington, legit top tier teams, want to trade their top line wingers as soon as they think someone can replace them? Those teams hoard young talented forwards, you need as many as you can get....just because Jake is showing promise doesnt mean we do a fire sale with the only other under 25 winger that puts up points.

hypothetically if this team misses the playoffs, they win the draft lotto, get lafreniere are you going to want for Petey to be traded?  

Petey is a complete player, Boeser is not.  If he's not scoring, Boeser is invisible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

Possibly, but he's weak defensively and hes a perimeter sniper, I'm not sure that fits with Bo and TP either.  They go up against the top lines shift after shift and Leivo is a better fit there imo.

I get why people think I'm down on Boes, but I'm not.  I like him, think he's a good guy and a solid sniper.......I just think if he's not playing with Petey, there's not really a place for him to fit on the roster.  To me, his greatest value is an asset

I guess thats why last game on at least one PP he was in front of the net and on the 3rd line. I'm OK with the idea in theory, just wish we had a more experienced 3C to work the plan with. AG needs his own development time too, so it concerns me that neither AG and BB are really getting what they need. I'd like to see Sutter-AG-BB to give that line a better chance in our zone and help the kids a little, Roussel is a beauty but I don't think he's the mentor type. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

Petey is a complete player, Boeser is not.  If he's not scoring, Boeser is invisible.

disagree.  boeser sees the ice well and is a fabulous passer.  He processes the game at a higher level than Jake virtanen.  More over you take on how BB is a perimeter player is flawed.  his wrist shot has been lacking this year and most of his goals have come in from the ugly areas.

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

The hawks and pens traded top line players and it worked for them.....

• Upvote 1

I guess thats why last game on at least one PP he was in front of the net and on the 3rd line. I'm OK with the idea in theory, just wish we had a more experienced 3C to work the plan with. AG needs his own development time too, so it concerns me that neither AG and BB are really getting what they need. I'd like to see Sutter-AG-BB to give that line a better chance in our zone and help the kids a little, Roussel is a beauty but I don't think he's the mentor type. 

I agree with you there, it's not a good fit.......not yet anyway 

• Cheers 1