The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 27, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Darius said:

disagree.  boeser sees the ice well and is a fabulous passer.  He processes the game at a higher level than Jake virtanen.  More over you take on how BB is a perimeter player is flawed.  his wrist shot has been lacking this year and most of his goals have come in from the ugly areas.

But isn't Brock paid to be petey's finisher? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

disagree.  boeser sees the ice well and is a fabulous passer.  He processes the game at a higher level than Jake virtanen.  More over you take on how BB is a perimeter player is flawed.  his wrist shot has been lacking this year and most of his goals have come in from the ugly areas.

One dimensional means offense only

• Upvote 1

Just now, Darius said:

sure...you mean he had a problem scoring?  22 years old on a 30 goal pace....sounds bad eh?

The vast majority of those goals came in the first quarter of the season.  His goal scoring has fallen off a cliff since

Just now, Darius said:

22 years old Defence can be taught.  Offence is a gift.  Some of you guys are talking like the kid is 30 and wont improve.

If he doesn't drastically improve his skating, he likely won't improve a whole lot.

Just now, stawns said:

The vast majority of those goals came in the first quarter of the season.  His goal scoring has fallen off a cliff since

yeah we should have traded horvat when he was 22 and went through major dry spells.  im sure you would have traded kesler and the Sedins at 22 also for their inconsistencies....come on man...

Just now, stawns said:

If he doesn't drastically improve his skating, he likely won't improve a whole lot.

you mean how like the sedins couldnt skate....or even a guy like tkachuk in calgary cant skate....probably wont improve...

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

yeah we should have traded horvat when he was 22 and went through major dry spells.  im sure you would have traded kesler and the Sedins at 22 also for their inconsistencies....come on man...

Horvat has been a top faceoff guy and elite defensive fwd from almost day one.

Just now, stawns said:

Horvat has been a top faceoff guy and elite defensive fwd from almost day one.

no he hasnt.  he has gone through a major learning curve...a few years back he had an attrocious plus minus and was getting schooled when Sutter wasnt around.

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

sure...you mean he had a problem scoring?  22 years old on a 30 goal pace....sounds bad eh?

Not if you Look pasted the stats.....

brock is a good player no one has said different. 

But he doesn't have the speed to play on that top line. 

Jake does and is the better all around player imo. 

Brock reminds of the Sedins. They need mostly ozone time and they D game is average cause of their foot speed. 

All we pointed out is if Jake plays like a first line player with petey for the rest of the season and playoffs and if Brock can't handle playing on the third line then how will he handle playing with bo? 

The whole team now plays a speed game and that's not brocks friend.....his best year came when we still had the Sedins and Brock plays a similar style....

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Not if you Look pasted the stats.....

brock is a good player no one has said different. 

But he doesn't have the speed to play on that top line. 

Jake does and is the better all around player imo. 

Brock reminds of the Sedins. They need mostly ozone time and they D game is average cause of their foot speed. 

All we pointed out is if Jake plays like a first line player with petey for the rest of the season and playoffs and if Brock can't handle playing on the third line then how will he handle playing with bo? 

The whole team now plays a speed game and that's not brocks friend.....his best year came when we still had the Sedins and Brock plays a similar style....

he doesnt have the speed to play on that top line?  Is that why that line has been rocking most of the year and the kid was on nearly a ppg pace?  You have to show that Jake improves that line.  He has played fine, and im happy for that, but 5 games (mostly on a home stand) is way too short of a sample size.

I think if you offered up Brock or Jake from this roster to every team in the league and told them you can only pick one the vast majority of GMs would take Brock hands down.  Just my opinion...Jake has a ways to go before he takes over....

Edited by Darius

1 minute ago, Darius said:

he doesnt have the speed to play on that top line?  Is that why that line has been rocking most of the year and the kid was on nearly a ppg pace?  You have to show that Jake improves that line.  He has played fine, and im happy for that, but 5 games is way too short of a sample size.

I think if you offered up Brock or Jake from this roster to every team in the league and told them you can only pick one the vast majority of GMs would take Brock hands down.  Just my opinion...Jake has a ways to go before he takes over....

I don't think so.......I think he has been trending this way all along and was able to develop his 200ft game at the same time.  He's due for a new contract and this is his audition to be a top 6 fwd.

I do believe BB will move to the Bo line eventually, but I don't think it's necessarily a good fit either.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Darius said:

he doesnt have the speed to play on that top line?  Is that why that line has been rocking most of the year and the kid was on nearly a ppg pace?  You have to show that Jake improves that line.  He has played fine, and im happy for that, but 5 games is way too short of a sample size.

Has jakes speed not made that line more dangous?

also read the whole post! I said await until after the season so that means the draft smart one ! 

Your right cause a lot Gms will point at petey and say his making Jake a top line player just like how Tom Wilson or Brandon Saad or Andrew Ladd were top players......

brock has more market value and if Brock doesn't improve or shows maybe a different play style would fit him better then why not trade him?

cause in theory Jake would be our top rw and Brock would be our third.......so we would only have to fill a third line spot and we would probably add a good young D man.....so where's the holes in the roster?

Just now, stawns said:

I don't think so.......I think he has been trending this way all along and was able to develop his 200ft game at the same time.  He's due for a new contract and this is his audition to be a top 6 fwd.

I do believe BB will move to the Bo line eventually, but I don't think it's necessarily a good fit either.

Hey I fully admit i may be out to lunch here because I do appreciate some of you other observations but right now I see that top line winger position as BB.  Jake could be a very good second line player or a wicked 3rd line defensive guy that can burn you but I dont see the top tier processing power required to play with EP.  just my take and i could be fully wrong.

• Cheers 1