Canucks Community

Roussell Fined

Rate this topic

Squamfan

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

"lol" Devron.

No.

Itraded him before this incident.;)

I admit he hasn’t played very well the few weeks. But I’d like to see what he can do down the stretch and into the playoffs. He doesn’t have the refs on his side but he’s a quite the agitator and he just seems like the kind of guy to score a big goal down the stretch. 

Picture being on another team and a guy like Rooster scores on you in the playoff or to clinch a playoff spot. He’s the kinda player we’d love to hate if he was another team. How many of those type of players have hurt us in the past!

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I admit he hasn’t played very well the few weeks. But I’d like to see what he can do down the stretch and into the playoffs. He doesn’t have the refs on his side but he’s a quite the agitator and he just seems like the kind of guy to score a big goal down the stretch. 

Picture being on another team and a guy like Rooster scores on you in the playoff or to clinch a playoff spot. He’s the kinda player we’d love to hate if he was another team. How many of those type of players have hurt us in the past!

I like Roussel.  I hated him in Dallas.  I'm trading him anyway - to clear out his future cap space, and to replace him with more actual effectiveness and toughness - that are expiring contracts. 

I'm not trading him because he's playing poorly, or got a fine.  My one criticism is that his 'agitation' needs to be more on point - but that's also not why I'm trading him.  I also don't think this team needs to agitate - it needs to push back.  Roussel's push = doesn't back anyone off.

He's moveable and he'd likely bring a return - whereas it's going to cost to move Baer/LE.  He'll offset that cost, and he'll create yet more cap flexibility. 

Sorry AR - it's just business.

25 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I like Roussel.  I hated him in Dallas.  I'm trading him anyway - to clear out his future cap space, and to replace him with more actual effectiveness and toughness - that are expiring contracts. 

I'm not trading him because he's playing poorly, or got a fine.  My one criticism is that his 'agitation' needs to be more on point - but that's also not why I'm trading him.  I also don't think this team needs to agitate - it needs to push back.  Roussel's push = doesn't back anyone off.

He's moveable and he'd likely bring a return - whereas it's going to cost to move Baer/LE.  He'll offset that cost, and he'll create yet more cap flexibility. 

Sorry AR - it's just business.

Fair points