The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alberta to send PPE to Ontario, Quebec and B.C.

Ryan Strome

10 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

@inane

@Warhippy

I have always lived in BC, have always made my living from the sea

40 years as a boat captain, my dad a fisherman for 50

Grampa a fisherman, etc...…..

With Alberta hurting economically, this reduces police, hospital, fire, mental health and many other health and safety services.

"IF" Canada and BC had looked at "ALL" avenues of solution in regards to the pipelines, I would be in support and against those projects

But they did not, and because of that, I personally side on Alberta's side......

Why does this belong in a COVID-19 discussion, is that Alberta is being selfless, and sharing

as they did from profits of their oil, by means of equalization payments

Now, they are hurting economically, and we turn our backs

So are we not glad they didn't

I just find it convenient that many see it that way.

Alberta has been helping none Albertian's for many years

This does not belong in this discussion at all.

Knock it off.

It's tacky, childish and completely demeans the actual gesture itself.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, inane said:

You mean Canadians have been helping Canadians. Stop with the tribalism!

BC, is a shipper

It moves Grain, coal, lumber...……..it is a large part of our economy

I find it very self serving that we do not protect these items, as well

Most people that protest Oil have absolutely no idea what protections can be put in place

IMO that the pipelines are more posturing by BC, for a larger share of the profits

The first nations posturing for control of lands

and ignorant environmentalists, that have in many cases, no idea of what they are talking about

Stop with the "tribalism" ? What a stupid comment! Born and raised on the BC coast

and worked in the Marine Oil spill response industry...……….

People just do not know what they are talking about, and spew BS

I just have to put a disclaimer in here.

I do not mean, "ALL" environmentalists are ignorant

I mean those that do not know the facts

There are a lot of well informed and/or educated that are

in the movement, that can speak from knowledge and not emotion

I totally respect those people.

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

BC, is a shipper

Most people that protest Oil have absolutely no idea what protections can be put in place

IMO that the pipelines are more posturing by BC, for a larger share of the profits

and ignorant environmentalists, that have in many cases, no idea of what they are talking about

Stop with the "tribalism" ? What a stupid comment! Born and raised on the BC coast

I have no idea what your old timey fisherman history has to do with anything. 

Just now, Warhippy said:

This does not belong in this discussion at all.

Knock it off.

It's tacky, childish and completely demeans the actual gesture itself.

I do agree, it doesn't belong on here, yet you comment on it

Stop being so tacky, childish and completely demeaning

Since when do you anoint yourself with the last word?

Not necessarily on my watch, buds.

There was a point being made, I merely commented on it

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

BC, is a shipper

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

:metal:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, inane said:

I have no idea what your old timey fisherman history has to do with anything. 

Yes, fair enough.....merely pointing out that our coastal waters have been very important to me, for a long time

But, if you don't mind, I am going to drop the Alberta Oil discussion...….

Warhippy is right, it doesn't belong in this discussion...……..

Sorry, everyone!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

No.

You're trying to conflate saving lives with an energy project.

That's stupid.

You're perpetuating this my side your side alberta vs the nation crap with every response you make.

Just stop.

Okay a guy dies from the virus and one dies from the stress of losing his house and job.....

both things kill people just different ways....but both can be prevented by putting Canada first. 

i never said it was Alberta against everyone.....I said there has to be a better relationship between the provinces and it can't be  just a take relationship, it has to work both ways more evenly......

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

i never said it was Alberta against everyone.....I said there has to be a better relationship between the provinces and it can't be  just a take relationship, it has to work both ways more evenly......

Remarkable

Simply, remarkable.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Your watch or not.  Could not really care less.  I will respond on your watch, yet again.  Since you've anointed yourself "overseer" on your watch as it was

Somehow proposing that helping people dying is similar to, or akin to an energy line is not only degrading but also effectively the lowest form of manipulation.

It's like the guy who treats a girl nicely once or twice and says ok we should have sex now.

It's beyond degrading and completely demeans the gesture.

I comment on it because the idea of the proposition is so ridiculous it needs to be pointed out.

Sending vital medical aid to areas where other canadians are dying should never EVER be part of the conversation about energy and resource agreements.  Period

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Your watch or not.  Could not really care less.  I will respond on your watch, yet again.  Since you've anointed yourself "overseer" on your watch as it was

Somehow proposing that helping people dying is similar to, or akin to an energy line is not only degrading but also effectively the lowest form of manipulation.

It's like the guy who treats a girl nicely once or twice and says ok we should have sex now.

I comment on it because the idea of the proposition is so ridiculous it needs to be pointed out.

Sending vital medical aid to areas where other canadians are dying should never EVER be part of the conversation about energy and resource agreements.  Period

Lets call a spade a spade

You and I will comment when it suits us

that is our MO, so let's not get silly here

Some people extrapolate, some do not

Most legal arguments are extrapolations

Most humanitarian arguments are not

Lets just call this one a day, and get back on point

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

But it has to be a give take relationship not just a take.....you have to agree that it's been slanted for far to long......

also why can't another province step up? Why can't Alberta just be an oil province and one province going threw hard times shouldnt bring  all of Canada to it's knees.....

i feel Alberta is entitled To put what ever industry first just like in b.c and tourism.......

also Alberta is so much more then just oil but you show me a way to make billions off cattle or grain and I'm all ears.....

see this is where this whole AB anger thing falls off the rails. No one in AB did anything out of the kindness of their hearts for Canada. You guys made lots of money and paid lots of taxes. Its not like you had a choice in it, or gave someone a gift. No one thought, "gee I paid a lot of taxes but at least one small child in Quebec is going to get daycare. "

You just can't assign an altruistic AB heart to obeying the law and paying your taxes. If we're going to do that, then there are many many more people outside of Alberta that also made a lot of money, and they outnumber high tax paying Albertans. Sure AB has a higher proportion per capita, but they don't have a majority of high tax paying people. See how quickly this thinking falls apart? 

Stop assigning so much blame and anger to the rest of Canada, it clouds peoples thinking. Nothing good will come out of it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

see this is where this whole AB anger thing falls off the rails. No one in AB did anything out of the kindness of their hearts for Canada. You guys made lots of money and paid lots of taxes. Its not like you had a choice in it, or gave someone a gift. No one thought, "gee I paid a lot of taxes but at least one small child in Quebec is going to get daycare. "

You just can't assign an altruistic AB heart to obeying the law and paying your taxes. If we're going to do that, then there are many many more people outside of Alberta that also made a lot of money, and they outnumber high tax paying Albertans. Sure AB has a higher proportion per capita, but they don't have a majority of high tax paying people. See how quickly this thinking falls apart? 

Stop assigning so much blame and anger to the rest of Canada, it clouds peoples thinking. Nothing good will come out of it. 

I didn't mention taxes.....I was talking about how now we are working together cause of all Canada is at risk but when Alberta sorry when Canada needs a pipeline to a coast it's like pulling teeth......but as everyone can see all of Canada will be entering a recession......

rather then working together like now we divided each other and all of a sudden a lot of Canada left Alberta out to dry.....can you say any different? Oil money paid for that PPE everyone just got.......

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I didn't mention taxes.....I was talking about how now we are working together cause of all Canada is at risk but when Alberta sorry when Canada needs a pipeline to a coast it's like pulling teeth......but as everyone can see all of Canada will be entering a recession......

rather then working together like now we divided each other and all of a sudden a lot of Canada left Alberta out to dry.....can you say any different? Oil money paid for that PPE everyone just got.......

no one left Alberta to 'dry out.' No one. Russia and the Saudi's tanked prices. How can you blame other Canadians for this? 

The Liberal federal government is building AB a &^@#ing pipeline. An actual majority of BC people support TMX. 

What the hell are you actually mad about? do you actually know? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no one left Alberta to 'dry out.' No one. Russia and the Saudi's tanked prices. How can you blame other Canadians for this? 

The Liberal federal government is building AB a &^@#ing pipeline. An actual majority of BC people support TMX. 

What the hell are you actually mad about? do you actually know? 

out to dry? Picture if the pipeline went in when JT bought it or when Morgan owned it , Canada as a whole would have been better off financially....also prices have slowly dropped , it's only the pasted what year maybe that oil prices have dropped off a cliff.....

ha we have heard that before......once it's done I'll say thank you and stop complaining 

im mad cause during a crisis we all pull together but during Albertas time of need they got nothing ......

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

out to dry? Picture if the pipeline went in when JT bought it or when Morgan owned it , Canada as a whole would have been better off financially....also prices have slowly dropped , it's only the pasted what year maybe that oil prices have dropped off a cliff.....

ha we have heard that before......once it's done I'll say thank you and stop complaining 

im mad cause during a crisis we all pull together but during Albertas time of need they got nothing ......

so we're mad about theoretical stuff. OK. 

Albertans are getting the same programs everyone else is. The oil industry in AB is negotiating 10s of billions in a liquidity ball out. But yeah, nothin'. 

So you're getting a pipeline through BC. You're getting bailouts. And.... you're mad. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

What?

There's a world of difference between saying no to a resource project and literally helping people who are frigging DYING from a pandemic.

It's the fact that your camp either cannot or will not differentiate between the two and keeps making statements like these that is causing a large part of the issue.

Alberta stepped up because they had more and people were dying.  Leave it at that.  Don't make a decent gesture part of your ongoing whine please.

What two weeks ago you were crying about cuts in Alberta now I assume you welcome the gesture?

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

@inane

@Warhippy

I have always lived in BC, have always made my living from the sea

40 years as a boat captain, my dad a fisherman for 50

Grampa a fisherman, etc...…..

With Alberta hurting economically, this reduces police, hospital, fire, mental health and many other health and safety services.

"IF" Canada and BC had looked at "ALL" avenues of solution in regards to the pipelines, I would be in support and against those projects

But they did not, and because of that, I personally side on Alberta's side......

Why does this belong in a COVID-19 discussion, is that Alberta is being selfless, and sharing

as they did from profits of their oil, by means of equalization payments

Now, they are hurting economically, and we turn our backs

So are we not glad they didn't

I just find it convenient that many see it that way.

Alberta has been helping none Albertian's for many years

Those two hate Alberta and suffer from a superiority complex.

BC, is a shipper

Amen.

Yes, fair enough.....merely pointing out that our coastal waters have been very important to me, for a long time

But, if you don't mind, I am going to drop the Alberta Oil discussion...….

Warhippy is right, it doesn't belong in this discussion...……..

Sorry, everyone!

No need to apologize, he does his best to antagonize people. 

27 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Funny you were in this thread a bunch of times and made no mention of the gesture until there was a chance to argue.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Come on, Jim. Whether it be through equalization, job creation in the rest of the country, or even in your home provinces case, doing many medical procedures on individuals from Saskatchewan who don't have the resources there, Alberta has done so much for Canada. The argument doesn't fall off the rails, we constantly get trashed and blocked and we do the very most for Canada. Want to end this debate? Answer two questions, if Ontario or Quebec were Alberta in terms of being rich in oil would they be fighting against Ottawa to extract and move their resource? Would there be so much government red tape?

Answer truthfully please.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I get what you are saying

But as being pointed out Rowdy, it is a totally different situation...…..

If in the future, the tide changes, I would hope that BC would help out Alberta just as much, if in the position to do so

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so we're mad about theoretical stuff. OK. 

Albertans are getting the same programs everyone else is. The oil industry in AB is negotiating 10s of billions in a liquidity ball out. But yeah, nothin'

So you're getting a pipeline through BC. You're getting bailouts. And.... you're mad. 

You and hip said this a month go and it was coming next week, remember?