The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nova Scotia shooter dead after killing 22 people/CDN Govt "assault style" weapons ban.

nuckin_futz

2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Considering that this guy was going around and killing people for a while,

Why wasn’t alert sent to people’s cell phones warning them of an active shooter?

They advertised on Twitter. They have 91,000 followers on Twitter for a province of nearly 1 million. Pretty pathetic response. 

27 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

They advertised on Twitter. They have 91,000 followers on Twitter for a province of nearly 1 million. Pretty pathetic response. 

Maybe something like an amber alert type system should be developed.   There are provincial/state emergency alerts that get sent out on cell networks.   It shouldn't be hard to implement a system that can alert people in a specific region/area.   Something that could have been used for this incident or like when those two guys went on that spree a while back.

17 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Maybe something like an amber alert type system should be developed.   There are provincial/state emergency alerts that get sent out on cell networks.   It shouldn't be hard to implement a system that can alert people in a specific region/area.   Something that could have been used for this incident or like when those two guys went on that spree a while back.

I thought they had that capability??

On ctv last night the NS government said they would have and were ready to but the RCMP didn't give the green light. They were saying they get COVID-19 notifications on cells but nothing for this.

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I thought they had that capability??

On ctv last night the NS government said they would have and were ready to but the RCMP didn't give the green light. They were saying they get COVID-19 notifications on cells but nothing for this.

I was unaware.   I just thought it would be logical for something like that to be implemented/used.  

12 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I was unaware.   I just thought it would be logical for something like that to be implemented/used.  

I can honestly say I have never gotten any Amber alerts or government alerts on my cell, yet the wife has. Seems strange. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I can honestly say I have never gotten any Amber alerts or government alerts on my cell, yet the wife has. Seems strange. 

It's the Liberal government trying to slowly and discretely get rid of the anti-Trudeau sect of the population. They hope that by not receiving an amber alert on your phone that maybe you'll end up the victim of a natural disaster or one of these nutjobs.

Really sick on their part if you ask me.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

It's the Liberal government trying to slowly and discretely get rid of the anti-Trudeau sect of the population. They hope that by not receiving an amber alert on your phone that maybe you'll end up the victim of a natural disaster or one of these nutjobs.

Really sick on their part if you ask me.

Can't be...my wife hates JT.

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yeah, I would imagine that majority of people have cell phones.

We get flash flood, Amber, tornado etc. warnings, I am pretty sure they have the capability.

29 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Daily on Facebook I think.

I didn't think my hate for him was that noticable. :ph34r:

Does this mean @RUPERTKBD and @thedestroyerofworlds is on a US database?

27 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I certainly hope so.....

I have been compiling that list for the last 10 years.

Rupert or code name “snow prince” has been on our radar.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Yeah, I would imagine that majority of people have cell phones.

We get flash flood, Amber, tornado etc. warnings, I am pretty sure they have the capability.

They absolutely do. Being on the east coast they get all the same alerts. They also all got COVID-19 alerts. This is on the rcmp the capabilities are in place long ago.