The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tyler Toffoli to hit free agency

3 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

How can management go in front of the cameras to talk to this fan base and justify losing

Tanev

Markstrom 

Stecher 

Toffoli

And signing  Holtby.

And expect us to be happy?  This team went from 9 wins from a Stanley cup,  to a dismantled shell in one off-season.  No way this team makes the playoffs next season unless some drastic moves.  The D available on the market is underwhelming besides Pietrangelo who isn't signing here.

My guess is that JB sees a lot of teams in cap problems and expansion draft coming.  While not popular this summer, having flexibility in the next few years is critical.  He needs to take care of the core and Tanev, Stecher and Toffoli are not considered core moving forward.  I think 2 more years of TT and CT would have been really helpful but JB needed some bad contracts to come off of the books which he admitted was near impossible without giving away good young players.

Also, I wouldn't put it behind JB to be following ownership requests to lower the pay this year while there's no butts in seats.  LE isn't costing them much anymore this year and he can be cut more easily next summer.  Sucks but this is lining up to be another forgotten / cruddy COVID NHL season anyway.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

How can management go in front of the cameras to talk to this fan base and justify losing

Tanev

Markstrom 

Stecher 

Toffoli

And signing  Holtby.

And expect us to be happy?  This team went from 9 wins from a Stanley cup,  to a dismantled shell in one off-season.  No way this team makes the playoffs next season unless some drastic moves.  The D available on the market is underwhelming besides Pietrangelo who isn't signing here.

Didn’t know free agency was over already.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

17 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Didn’t know free agency was over already.

Who would you sign that would be an upgrade on those players?

Don't even say Pietrangelos name.

Hoffman and Dadanov aren't coming here either.

Free agency may not be done,  but the quality dmen are gone already,  there are still some decent forwards,  but out D is looking brutal right about now,  so should be the focus 

Edited by CanuckGAME
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

Who would you sign that would be an upgrade on those players?

Don't even say Pietrangelos name.

Hoffman and Dadanov aren't coming here either.

Free agency may not be done,  but the quality dmen are gone already 

Granlund, Hamonic & Vatanen

Also...trades

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Granlund, Hamonic & Vatanen

Also...trades

Hamonic.  The guy who requested a trade from NYI,  then when his team went to the playoffs opted out leaving his team hanging.   I'll pass.

Vatanen is made of glass

Granlund just came off a brutal season.

Nice upgrades bud.

• Wat 4

5 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Hamonic.  The guy who requested a trade from NYI,  then when his team went to the playoffs opted out leaving his team hanging.   I'll pass.

Vatanen is made of glass

Nice upgrades bud.

Conveniently ignored the trades portion after sandbagging the players mentioned. Vatanen is not made of glass no more than Tanev at the very least and is an upgrade on Stecher, Hamonic had family matters to attend, piss off blaming a guy not leaving his family for a month or longer. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Vatanen is made of glass

Nice upgrades bud.

Re: Hamonic

"Last year, we spent the longest, scariest and hardest week of our lives by our daughter's hospital bedside. We were unsure of what would come next or where this would lead, but with God's strength our little girl fought her respiratory virus and recovered. During that long week, we were helpless and couldn’t do anything to help her except hold her little hands, kiss her head and pray. We saw what a respiratory virus can do to our healthy little girl and it’s something no parent wants or should go through. Now blessed with our second child, a baby boy at home, the risk of today's COVID-19 pandemic is a very difficult one to weigh as parents.

Re: Vatanen - Tanev was also extremely injury prone

Re: Granlund ... yea that absolutely brutal season where he paced for 9 points less that Toffoli. But has outscored or outpaced him every other season of the last 5 and has much stronger 2-way capabilities..?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

The guy willingly got destroyed by Gudbranson to stand up for a teammate, knowing he was fighting well above his weight class.  Might also want to look into why he opted out and requested the trade; he made a huge professional sacrifice to put family first.  I think he'd actually be a really good fit with the Canucks' culture off the ice, and he sure as hell fits a need on it. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Conveniently ignored the trades portion after sandbagging the players mentioned. Vatanen is not made of glass and is an upgrade on Stecher, Hamonic had family matters to attend, piss off blaming a guy not leaving his family for a month or longer. 

You're a groupie buddy,  you keep following me around the forum just dropping confused faces on every post.  Get a life my man.

I don't care what Hamonics reasons were,  there seems to be a history of him letting his teammates down,  I'm not judging weather they were warranted or not,  I don't know the circumstances,  but its enough for me to not want him on my team.

• Wat 3

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

You're a groupie buddy,  you keep following me around the forum just dropping confused faces on every post.  Get a life my man.

I don't care what Hamonics reasons were,  there seems to be a history of him letting his teammates down,  I'm not judging weather they were warranted or not,  I don't know the circumstances,  but its enough for me to not want him on my team.

You post stupid stuff like this on repeat and wonder why you get confused faces. What an awful take. 

2 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Re: Hamonic

Re: Vatanen - Tanev was also extremely injury prone

Re: Granlund ... yea that absolutely brutal season where he paced for 9 points less that Toffoli. But has outscored or outpaced him every other season of the last 5 and has much stronger 2-way capabilities..?

Ok thanks for shedding light on the Hamonic stuff I wasn't aware.  

• Cheers 1

Yep, definitely lets his teammates down all the time.  Terrible guy.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You post stupid stuff like this on repeat and wonder why you get confused faces. What an awful take. 

I don't care if I get confused faces bud,  but you're a groupie who follows me allover the site,  just block me!  

I hardly ever post negative **** on this site,  I've been here through the entire rebuild and never missed a game,  after a long rebuild I'm seeing the team dismantled after one taste of the playoffs.

I have a right to be a little heated right now,  again,  if you don't like my posts block me!  Stop being a groupie weirdo following me in every subforum I'm in.

Edited by CanuckGAME
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I don't care if I get confused faces bud,  but you're a groupie who follows me allover the site,  just block me!  

I hardly ever post negative **** on this site,  I've been here through the entire rebuild and never missed a game,  after a long rebuild I'm seeing the team dismantled after one taste of the playoffs.

I have a right to be a little heated right now,  again,  if you don't like my posts block me!  Stop being a groupie weirdo following me in every subforum I'm in weirdo.

Grow up. You care enough to go on multiple tirades about it :bigblush:

Edited by canuck73_3

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

Says the weirdo following me around an online forum.  Only reason I know who you are is because every time i log in I see a notification that you're reacting to every post I make. 

:bored: don't post if you're going to spaz about people reacting to your crap posts then?