The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tyler Toffoli to hit free agency

Is this still about Tyler Toffoli?

I’m thinking there isn’t that big of a market for Toffoli. Not like we or even he expected. 

I hope they still might be able to work something out that fits our situation.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Spoosh said:

Is this still about Tyler Toffoli?

I’m thinking there isn’t that big of a market for Toffoli. Not like we or even he expected. 

I hope they still might be able to work something out that fits our situation.

I think there’s a lot of teams in on Hall, hence the no decision and plan b is Toffoli / Hoffman 

2 minutes ago, sonoman said:

I hope the Canucks are NOT in on Hall.  Much rather have Toffoli,  he was an immediate fit and made a decent impact during his time here. 

I’m worried Hall would mess up our chemistry. Outside the MVP year I don’t like what he’s brought to the other teams he’s been on. I don’t know if he’s a selfish player or what but there’s something about him I don’t like. If we get a forward re sign Toffoli otherwise keep the focus on defence 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, sonoman said:

I hope the Canucks are NOT in on Hall.  Much rather have Toffoli,  he was an immediate fit and made a decent impact during his time here. 

Not to mention he'd be cheaper and is clearly a liked character guy in the room

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sonoman said:

I don’t think they’re in on Hall either but if the Nucks signed him to a cap friendly deal I’d be all for it. Hall with Petey would be wild. 

7 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’m worried Hall would mess up our chemistry. Outside the MVP year I don’t like what he’s brought to the other teams he’s been on. I don’t know if he’s a selfish player or what but there’s something about him I don’t like. If we get a forward re sign Toffoli otherwise keep the focus on defence 

First overall picks is what he brings teams

12 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I think Miller is selfish. B)

So probably Hall suits Peteys line really good then. 

• Haha 2
  • Wat 2

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I think Miller is selfish. B)

So probably Hall suits Peteys line really good then. 

Miller>Hall 

Miller is a great set up man. 45 assists 12 in the playoffs 

Not to mention a better leader and a hoot in the dressing room 

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Miller>Hall 

Miller is a great set up man. 45 assists 12 in the playoffs 

Not to mention a better leader and a hoot in the dressing room 

I didn't talk about leadership or hoot-factor.

Tell me how anyone can miss out on assists playing with Petey, Hughes and on PP1?

Edited by Timråfan

56 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I didn't talk about leadership or hoot-factor.

Tell me how anyone can miss out on assists playing with Petey, Hughes and on PP1?

Don’t make it out like it’s some sort of free ride for Miller. He was and is a huge part of our team. Probably equally as important as the two above. Petey and Hughes just have another level to reach 

Now let me ask you a question. Who’s the guy doing the dirty work getting the puck out of the corners and along the boards to help free up Petey and Hughes. And You realize Miller lead the team in scoring right?

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

This is driving me nuts lol.

I keep refreshing and checking my phone every 5 mins.

So quiet on the Canucks front 

Ha ha totally agree. One thing I think gets overlooked though is that previous years Benning pretty much had to overpay with both money and term to attract free agents that were needed (Myers, Beagle and Roussel the obvious examples). That's not the case anymore so staying chill and wait out while others make the mistakes could be a brilliant strategy. Of course he's made mistakes in the past - LE, Ferland, Benn in hindsight - and he does need to make up for them by shedding cap somehow, but it's not like he's suddenly learned everything about being a GM over one season, he dealt from a position of weakness before. 

So a good RHD by trade and a couple of cheap FA forwards now and we're good to go

48 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Don’t make it out like it’s some sort of free ride for Miller. He was and is a huge part of our team. Probably equally as important as the two above. Petey and Hughes just have another level to reach 

Now let me ask you a question. Who’s the guy doing the dirty work getting the puck out of the corners and along the boards to help free up Petey and Hughes. And You realize Miller lead the team in scoring right?

He's really good at crashing down the ice exploiting Peteys situation. 

But what I don't like is that he doesn't involve Petey as much as he could. In my view we get less points because of that. 

Remember it's my view on it. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Timråfan said:

He's really good at crashing down the ice exploiting Peteys situation. 

But what I don't like is that he doesn't involve Petey as much as he could. In my view we get less points because of that. 

Remember it's my view on it. 

That’s fair. I understand what you mean sometimes holds onto the puck a little long. I am super grateful to have him on our team and he’s an excellent player 

• Cheers 2