The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Boston

Van been thinking about a splash and Boston has been quiet. 

So Carlo and debrusk would be my targets. 

I don't know what the asking price is but Jake , OJ or rathbone and a pick for probably just one of them but was curious cause the culture in Boston is the type of culture Jim wants in van  and both players developed with a good team culture and play with bite and debrusk and bo on the same line would drive people crazy or put debrusk with petey and miller. 

Not to mention Carlo and Hughes could make a good top pairing. 

So what you all think? Is there a deal to be done?

24 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

No.

Boston is trying to compete, why would they trade Debrusk (a young middle-6 forward) and Carlo (a young top-4 D-man) for futures?

If anything Boston is looking to add, they just lost Krug and haven't replaced him.

Edited by kanucks25

Carlo is unlikely to anywhere, they'd be crazy to move him as him and McAvoy make for a really strong right side

There simply isn't a better RD to replace him with via ufa, particularly given that he's 23 and should continue to improve 

Debrusk might be available depending on what you offer, but given he's averaged 40ish points every season thus far he'll definitely be more expensive than Jake, if only in terms of cap space he'd take up 

Doesn't make sense to move them, they've got room to re-sign Debrusk and shouldn't have much issue retaining Carlo next offseason 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

No.

Boston is trying to compete, why would they trade Debrusk (a young middle-6 forward) and Carlo (a young top-4 D-man) for futures?

If anything Boston is looking to add, they just lost Krug and haven't replaced him.

I was looking at their left side and figured OJ would fit perfectly or rathbone and I did say one or the other. 

Also arnt they starting the season without their top two wingers? 

So that's why I say Jake OJ and a second for Debrusk sounds fair or go for Carlo. 

Also don't they have cap problems? Or am I misremembering 

3 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Van been thinking about a splash and Boston has been quiet. 

So Carlo and debrusk would be my targets. 

I don't know what the asking price is but Jake , OJ or rathbone and a pick for probably just one of them but was curious cause the culture in Boston is the type of culture Jim wants in van  and both players developed with a good team culture and play with bite and debrusk and bo on the same line would drive people crazy or put debrusk with petey and miller. 

Not to mention Carlo and Hughes could make a good top pairing. 

I was interested in a Boeser for Carlo swap last month (contingent on re-signing Toffoli), but that time has long passed.  

No deal to be made between Canucks and Bruins for the reasons that @kanucks25 mentioned.

The only deals the Canucks should be considering at this point are one year deal players (ie Good players who had a subpar season and are looking to rebuild their value and get better contracts elsewhere one year from now in a post Covid world.   “The Tyson Barrie deal.”). 

One of Hamonic, Vatanen, and Mikael Granlund would be good guys to target on a one year deal, dependent on their asking price and how much cap we can clear.   Even guys signed to other teams with one year left (Demers, Kris Russell) might be decent guys to target if their teams’ asking price is low.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

I was interested in a Boeser for Carlo swap last month (contingent on re-signing Toffoli), but that time has long passed.  

No deal to be made between Canucks and Bruins for the reasons that @kanucks25 mentioned.

The only deals the Canucks should be considering at this point are one year deal players (ie Good players who had a subpar season and are looking to rebuild their value and get better contracts elsewhere one year from now in a post Covid world.   “The Tyson Barrie deal.”). 

One of Hamonic, Vatanen, and Mikael Granlund would be good guys to target on a one year deal, dependent on their asking price and how much cap we can clear.   Even guys signed to other teams with one year left (Demers, Kris Russell) might be decent guys to target if their teams’ asking price is low.

Likely none...

• Cheers 1