The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

24 minutes ago, Azzy said:

Troy Stecher available out of Detroit too, for teams looking to add solid depth to their defense.

9 minutes ago, theminister said:

So is Jack Campbell.

Lucky’s available for reach arounds. 

WAIVERS: The Boston Bruins have claimed goaltender Marcus Hogberg from the Montreal Canadiens via waivers.

The Bruins have 24 hours from now to create a roster spot for Marcus or he will be placed on automatic waivers in order to be assigned to the minors.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

WAIVERS: The Boston Bruins have claimed goaltender Marcus Hogberg from the Montreal Canadiens via waivers.

The Bruins have 24 hours from now to create a roster spot for Marcus or he will be placed on automatic waivers in order to be assigned to the minors.

Well rats. Didn’t expect that :lol: 

wishing Marcus better success with his new club than he got here. Thanks for the... effort?... I guess?  

7 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Boston waives Curtis McElhinney.

21 minutes ago, ThatMike said:

So, let’s just say, hypothetically, that the NHL playoffs start before the regular season is technically over...

how do we make that work?

My best guess...... teams near line submit playoff rosters prior to start of playoffs. Then whoever makes it has their points from playoff games played included in their  totals as if they were there.

Matchups are an issue though haha

14 hours ago, Squeak said:

My best guess...... teams near line submit playoff rosters prior to start of playoffs. Then whoever makes it has their points from playoff games played included in their  totals as if they were there.

Matchups are an issue though haha

pickup allows for retroactive moves: I think this would work. Folks near the playoff line submit playoff teams, a bit more work for the admin side but since pickup doesn't track matchups, we may just have a few extra teams on pickup, then their lineups can be changed retroactively if a player makes it/doesn't make it and we can retroactively create the matchups on thread. bit of a bother, but something we can overcome. 

Imagining most teams may have 3 northern players? I don't imagine the one or two teams near the playoff bubble at the time will have more than a handful of regular season players between them. Will work out ok

Edited by Primal Optimist

9 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

pickup allows for retroactive moves: I think this would work. Folks near the playoff line submit playoff teams, a bit more work for the admin side but since pickup doesn't track matchups, we may just have a few extra teams on pickup, then their lineups can be changed retroactively if a player makes it/doesn't make it and we can retroactively create the matchups on thread. bit of a bother, but something we can overcome. 

Imagining most teams may have 3 northern players? I don't imagine the one or two teams near the playoff bubble at the time will have more than a handful of regular season players between them. Will work out ok

I was picturing having to produce several rosters, depending on which teams qualify.

Imagine a scenario whereby Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver are all in with a shout - it's not just 'which of these players do I select', but also depending on which team makes it, how many others from other divisions you have to drop.

Example - I have:

VAN - Boeser, Hughes, Schmidt, Michaelis, Teves

MTL - Evans, Kulak, Fleury

CGY - Rittich

Plus potential wildcards who could move including Janmark and Marleau.

If Calgary makes it, my goaltending is sorted but I need to fill two forward slots and three defensive slots with players from other divisions/my minors (eg McKegg, Gross, Fasching).

If Montreal makes it, I have a goalie slot plus a forward slot and two defensive slots to fill.

If Vancouver makes it, I have a forward slot, a goalie slot and a defensive slot.

Means I'd have to provide three different playoff rosters, in the extremely unlikely event that the Canucks are still in with a shout once all the other divisions have stopped.

On 4/7/2021 at 1:48 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Detroit Red Wings have made a trade with the Florida Panthers.

To FLA:
spacer.png John Gibson

To DET:

spacer.png David Rittich

spacer.png Jake Evans

spacer.png Jake Leschychyn

The Florida Panthers realized it was time to retool and rebuild and it was not fair to our top end players on NHL playoff bound teams to miss a chance at winning a championship. We would like to thank David Rittich, Jake Evans and Jake Leschychyn for his great play and dedication to our organization and we wish them the best of luck in Detroit.

In addition,  I would like to thank @Azzy or his professionalism during our negotiation.

We are excited for what John Gibson can bring to the team in the near future and he solidifies are goaltending along with Alexander Georgiev. 

Ty Webb

General Manager

Florida Panthers

Na-Na-Na-Na-Na 

• Cheers 1

On 4/9/2021 at 9:05 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Florida Panthers have made a trade with the St. Louis Blues.

To FLA:

spacer.png Jakob Pelletier

To STL:

spacer.png NJ 2021 1st Round Draft Selection

spacer.png DAL 2022 4th Round Draft Selection

The Florida Panthers realized it was time to retool and rebuild and as we collected draft picks through trades and we also needed prospects that were farther along in their development. We are excited for what Jakob Pelletier can bring to the team in the near future

In addition,  I would like to thank @Devron44 for his professionalism during our negotiation.

Ty Webb

General Manager

Florida Panthers

Na-Na-Na-Na-Na 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Azzy said:

I was picturing having to produce several rosters, depending on which teams qualify.

Imagine a scenario whereby Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver are all in with a shout - it's not just 'which of these players do I select', but also depending on which team makes it, how many others from other divisions you have to drop.

Example - I have:

CGY - Rittich

Plus potential wildcards who could move including Janmark and Marleau.

If Calgary makes it, my goaltending is sorted but I need to fill two forward slots and three defensive slots with players from other divisions/my minors (eg McKegg, Gross, Fasching).

If Montreal makes it, I have a goalie slot plus a forward slot and two defensive slots to fill.

If Vancouver makes it, I have a forward slot, a goalie slot and a defensive slot.

Means I'd have to provide three different playoff rosters, in the extremely unlikely event that the Canucks are still in with a shout once all the other divisions have stopped.

has the potential to be harry when we consider all the possibilities right now, but I imagine  the picture will be very much clearer by then for every team. Like how many teams will have 23 playoff players PLUS 3 or 4 people who are on teams still playing regular season games? If that is the way the league handles things, which is unlikely anyhow. My guess is at most there will be one or two players which could swap in for 1 or 2 other players: and IMO that is easily handled at the pickup retroactive lineup change function. Easy peasy.

1 hour ago, Azzy said:

Example - I have:

CGY - Rittich

Helped you out some here.

Calgary and Vancouver aren't making it. :lol: No way.

Basically, if the playoffs begin before the regular season is technically over, you'll list one roster, including every player you believe still has a chance.  We will open the playoffs without direct matchups.  Once the regular season is complete, we will remove the players who didn't make it, ensure the players who did are entered into the playoff roster and backdated to the start of the playoffs, and set our matchups.

It will be a bit of screwing around, but it won't be too big an issue.

• Haha 2