The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Fired] Mark Donnelly

Rate this topic

goalie13

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Anti-maskers are dangerous yet you don't believe masks are effective, sounds like you are the confused one... :bigblush:

There is a difference, anti maskers protest in groups and run around like they can’t get sick, dangerous, on the flip side maskers have a false sense of security, also dangerous, me, I don’t want to be exposed to either, it’s nor one extreme or the other is correct, what about that confuses you?

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

There is a difference, anti maskers protest in groups and run around like they can’t get sick, dangerous, on the flip side maskers have a false sense of security, also dangerous, me, I don’t want to be exposed to either, it’s nor one extreme or the other is correct, what about that confuses you?

Yet you parrot masks not working, so at best your a fence sitter. Despite the fact masks DO when worn and used correctly prevent the spread. 

You spend an awful lot of time discrediting masks for someone who believes they work though...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yet you parrot masks not working, so at best your a fence sitter. Despite the fact masks DO when worn and used correctly prevent the spread. 

You spend an awful lot of time discrediting masks for someone who believes they work though...

There you go, when worn correctly, when not they are not effective but people still think they are safe so they forget about distancing and you have outbreaks. When I wear a mask people seem to get way too close to me, when I don’t they stay away,, go figure.

Nice thing about sitting on the fence, you can see which side has the greener grass.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

There you go, when worn correctly, when not they are not effective but people still think they are safe so they forget about distancing and you have outbreaks. When I wear a mask people seem to get way too close to me, when I don’t they stay away,, go figure.

Nice thing about sitting on the fence, you can see which side has the greener grass.

You know you can tell people to back off rather than not wear a mask right? 

And again you have spent a lot of time spreading information about masks being ineffective, (which is false btw) for someone who is not anti mask. 

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You know you can tell people to back off rather than not wear a mask right? 

And again you have spent a lot of time spreading information about masks being ineffective, (which is false btw) for someone who is not anti mask. 

There are negatives to wearing a mask, I believe they outweighs the benefits. Amongst the youngest age group the flu is more dangerous than COVID, for the rest of us maybe 5 times as deadly, why don’t we wear masks to prevent the flu if the work so well?

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

There are negatives to wearing a mask, I believe they outweighs the benefits. Amongst the youngest age group the flu is more dangerous than COVID, for the rest of us maybe 5 times as deadly, why don’t we wear masks to prevent the flu if the work so well?

This is such a bad take.

Also CDC doesn't recommend masks for influenza. They do recommend them for prevention of the spread of Covid. 

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Why don’t they?

They do recommend them for leaving the house when sick with influenza to prevent spread. Washing hands regularly and avoiding those who are sick are still regarded as more effective measures. 

Thing is Covid =/= Influenza, so your anti-mask argument is weak at best. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They do recommend them for leaving the house when sick with influenza to prevent spread. Washing hands regularly and avoiding those who are sick are still regarded as more effective measures. 

Thing is Covid =/= Influenza, so your anti-mask argument is weak at best. 

You mean this CDC?

Disposable medical masks (also known as surgical masks) are loose-fitting devices that were designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids (36). There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

You mean this CDC?

Disposable medical masks (also known as surgical masks) are loose-fitting devices that were designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids (36). There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

Yes mask is not recommended for PREVENTING you getting the flu. It is recommended to be used if you have the flu to REDUCE the spread. 

Regardless influenza is not Covid so your basing your comparison for apples with an orange.

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yes mask is not recommended for PREVENTING you getting the flu. It is recommended to be used if you have the flu to REDUCE the spread. 

Regardless influenza is not Covid so your basing your comparison for apples with an orange.

Well, that research is over years old and shows mask don’t work both as preventative or source control, how can you be sure of COVID research when in the beginning they said masks don’t work but now they do, there’s just not enough data. Studies during the Spanish flu on masks showed the same results, the main benefit of masks is for for suckers to feel they have a slight bit of control over their lives because without it we’d have another toilet paper shortage.

• Wat 1

Well, that research is over years old and shows mask don’t work both as preventative or source control, how can you be sure of COVID research when in the beginning they said masks don’t work but now they do, there’s just not enough data. Studies during the Spanish flu on masks showed the same results, the main benefit of masks is for for suckers to feel they have a slight bit of control over their lives because without it we’d have another toilet paper shortage.

Weird, they examined data and found masks do help and what do ya know they recommended them. Really not hard to figure out. 

5 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Hmmm, what about CDC?

Disposable medical masks (also known as surgical masks) are loose-fitting devices that were designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids (36). There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

Or if you go to the bottom of this article it links to some 40 other tests done that show masks don’t work.

https://www.technocracy.news/masks-are-neither-effective-nor-safe-a-summary-of-the-science/?fbclid=IwAR1KpKFd6_USNR_h_QOA_JK2jM67B8il1N4Ax_2BnSJwyAQF0mkGrF8vnHk

You skipped some parts....

Most studies were underpowered because of limited sample size, and some studies also reported suboptimal adherence in the face mask group.

In lower-income settings, it is more likely that reusable cloth masks will be used rather than disposable medical masks because of cost and availability (38). There are still few uncertainties in the practice of face mask use, such as who should wear the mask and how long it should be used for. In theory, transmission should be reduced the most if both infected members and other contacts wear masks, but compliance in uninfected close contacts could be a problem (12,34). Proper use of face masks is essential because improper use might increase the risk for transmission (39). Thus, education on the proper use and disposal of used face masks, including hand hygiene, is also needed.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

This has to be the dumbest analogy ever, after those two guys leave you have puddles of pi$$ everyone else walks through and spreads everywhere to more than just those two.

I think you need to go back and read, "the pipi remains only with him" part and scrutinize the accompanying illustration much more carefully! :lol:

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I think you need to go back and read, "the pipi remains only with him" part and scrutinize the accompanying illustration much more carefully! :lol:

If you have no clue that if you pee in your pants it’ll run out on the floor you’ve obviously never lived, like I said dumbest analogy ever, but yeah, if that’s what keeps you thinking you’re safe them kudos.

5 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

So I’m dumb because I think if I pee my pants some will end up in the floor? Someone is confused.

Actually, I think the reason for your lack of intelligence is probably because your parents are from the shallow end of the gene pool.

What you are is disgusting, because of your position that you shouldn't need to wear a mask when you are infected and contagious with Covid, because of some nonsensical rationalization that possibly rebreathing a minuscule fraction of the minuscule fraction of the viral particles in your body that you exhale will somehow make you sicker. 

Since masks only need to be worn when near other people, your belief that you should be allowed to infect everyone around you with a deadly disease because you don't like wearing a mask is selfish to the point of sociopathy.

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

So I’m dumb because I think if I pee my pants some will end up in the floor? Someone is confused.

I wonder if it's dumb to think there is any difference between a stream of pee and miniscule droplets exhaled that are invisible to the naked eye? This is a head scratcher. Let me think about it....

Yup, that's dumb.

But what the illustration in question demonstrates is the pants keep your pee from directly hitting the other person. You know, protecting others from you. Which I've pointed out several times is the most effective aspect of wearing a mask.

Edited by Baggins
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1