The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

58 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

The entire thing has become political.

Thats the narrative being pushed by the alt right media. That coupled with "its just a cold / sore.throat "

Seems the alt right want the narrative to frame covid as over and any measures to mitigate.its impact are deemed tyranny, divisive , discrimination and or political.  It is in fact none of those things.but the anti crowd needs to play the victim card and create.the narrative that only their rights and wants matter

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

Sure. I am the only person in the country that thinks covid has become political. Sure.

1 hour ago, AbbyNux said:

The entire thing has become political.

11 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

Double vaccinated, eliminated from tin foil hat crew. It has become political. 

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Sure did.

And

Sure did.

Which part didn't you like?  You're unable to refute any of it so you're obviously still looking for that perfect argument.  So which part didn't you like hmm?

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Why does it matter?

You keep claiming omicron is nothing then claim or support doing everything to help health care workers at risk from covid.

Make up your mind

Just gonna keep waiting I guess.

Meanwhile I'll point out it's a virus, a sickness.  It doesn't vote for a party.

Only the people who seem to be railing the loudest have made it political.  It seems only specific parties/people are using platforms and statements regarding policy about it.

Fancy that.

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

Double vaccinated, eliminated from tin foil hat crew. It has become political. 

Ok.

Show me which party/political leaning in numbers have made political statements about it.

It's glaringly obvious which side of the fence has but I'm interested in seeing your work

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, iwtl said:

Thats the narrative being pushed by the alt right media. That coupled with "its just a cold / sore.throat "

Seems the alt right want the narrative to frame covid as over and any measures to mitigate.its impact are deemed tyranny, divisive , discrimination and or political.  It is in fact none of those things.but the anti crowd needs to play the victim card and create.the narrative that only their rights and wants matter

yup. They are desperate to make it a political argument, its the only way they can get support or sympathy.

Thankfully it doesn't work as well up here as in the US.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

fair point. OK outside of Albertabama.

Its such weak sauce tho, its hard to believe it works on anyone, or why our buddy on here keeps trying. 

Tou say the right things to generate or illicit an emotional response enough times and you know full well what the outcome is.

• Vintage 2

38 minutes ago, iwtl said:

Look around our continent. Shortening the quarantine time, letting infected vaccinated work etc. The governments are moving towards a "its here to stay, time to move on".

1 minute ago, AbbyNux said:

See below 

I'll be waiting.  

1 minute ago, AbbyNux said:

Look around our continent. Shortening the quarantine time, letting infected vaccinated work etc. The governments are moving towards a "its here to stay, time to move on".

What does this have to do with being "political"

EVERY SINGLE MOMENT of this virus has been spent working towards a situation where the virus is/was endemic and essentially not threatening to the larger population.  There's nothing political about that at all.  The very fact we MAY be moving towards that instance due to vaccinations, smart response and more understanding of the virus and current variants/mutations is a great thing.

Suggesting that it's not or that it is political is ridiculous

• Upvote 1

Just now, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Someone needs to do their research on what endemic means.  Mass immunity on some level is needed to get there.  

To my understanding, it's (in the instance of covid) found regularly or has occurred with regularity amongst a group of people.  People being vaccinated, contracting surviving being boosted and contracting again with semi regular infections would mean this is endemic amongst the populace 

If Omicron has far higher rates of transmission like we see, but is ripping through the vaccinated without hospitalization than the experts could be correct in that we're looking towards this virus becoming far less harmfull which would be a great thing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

To my understanding, it's (in the instance of covid) found regularly or has occurred with regularity amongst a group of people.  People being vaccinated, contracting surviving being boosted and contracting again with semi regular infections would mean this is endemic amongst the populace 

If Omicron has far higher rates of transmission like we see, but is ripping through the vaccinated without hospitalization than the experts could be correct in that we're looking towards this virus becoming far less harmfull which would be a great thing

If the rest of the world remains less vaccinated, how do you get there? 

From the beginning we were told by the experts that if we got to a 70% vaccination level herd immunity would be reached. Now the government blames other countries. 

They will do this with climate change in the future. They will press us to do more while other countries fail. Unless we take them over and force them. Not a bad idea maybe. 

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

55 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

This is a game changer. I had seen the report that some medical professionals may if needed be permitted.to work If asymptomatic and positive ( in dire emergencies)

But your news that this for all workers is major new and a scientific shift on a global level

Please post the link ASAP as I've searched news sites and none  of them are reporting this on any level

Of course if you don't have facts correct you should remove your statement and fast 

Edited by iwtl
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

From the beginning we were told by the experts that if we got to a 70% vaccination level herd immunity would be reached. Now the government blames other countries. 

They will do this with climate change in the future. They will press us to do more while other countries fail. Unless we take them over and force them. Not a bad idea maybe. 

Obviously it will take time.  As our area's of the world get more and more immunity to not only the current variants but others due to vaccination and repeated exposure we can move towards others, EXACTLY as we did with polio, tb, smallpox etc.

From the beginning we were told a few things, much of which holds true almost to the letter but that you and your types want to ignore.  Because you seem to continue to want to repeat the EXACT same arguments that are destroyed.  Then ask for mroe information, which you are given.  Which you then ignore and then ask the EXACT same stupid questions all over again for.

I am still waiting as are others on any number of articles to back up your claims and statements.  Myself, still waiting for your proof of who is making this virus a political issue, iwtl still waiting for your proof of what the governments are doing.

Others....still waiting to.  But instead of producing proof to support your statements you continue to do exactly what I stated you would.

You make a claim, ask for info.  Get it, refuse to respond to it.  ignore it, then a day or two later come asking the exact same question again, using the same ridiculous statements again knwoing full well the answers and data you wanted are a mere few pages in the past.

But you don't want that, you want your nirvana fallacy, your perfect argument.  Everything compartmentalized perfectly or nothing will sway you.  It's really getting old.

So I'll ask again.

WHICH party or affiliation is making this a consistent political issue?  WHO is threatening people or suggesting that rights are being stripped and lies are happening and and and....?

Who is it?

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

They will do this with climate change in the future. They will press us to do more while other countries fail. Unless we take them over and force them. Not a bad idea maybe

I cant see any reason why that would be a bad idea….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2