The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Fact Check For Dummies:

Bancel did not "dump" $400 million worth of Moderna stock all at once in February 2022. Bancel had sold less than $10 million worth of shares by mid-month, about $390 million less than claimed. Furthermore, these sales were done at predetermined times and had nothing to do with current events.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

some adults are sulking because they have to wear a mask or can't travel.  Boohoo.

A couple of generations ago travel was mandatory.  Of course it was to Europe for an extended period of being shot at.  These people have absolutely no idea how good they have it.  Then again, most of these "Freedom Fighters" would have dodged the draft and bogarted the ration coupons anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

25 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Fact Check For Dummies:

The forbes article i posted lists how much he sold recently. I'm assuming the $400 million number comes from the more than 2 million shares he has sold during the pandemic.

Edited by AfterMath35

10 minutes ago, AfterMath35 said:

The forbes article i posted lists how much he sold recently. I'm assuming the $400 million number comes from the more than 2 million shares he has sold during the pandemic.

Can you point out, in your article, where it states that?

And let's hear, in your words, your point in all of this.  I'd like to hear it.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Can you point out, in your article, where it states that?

And let's hear, in your words, your point in all of this. 

Making up a majority of the total sales, Bancel offloaded 19,000 shares for about $155 apiece to net about $3 million in pre-tax proceeds as part of a trading plan that has helped the 49-year-old sell more than 2 million shares during the pandemic. 

I thought the video was funny? It's really not that deep

Just now, AfterMath35 said:

Making up a majority of the total sales, Bancel offloaded 19,000 shares for about $155 apiece to net about $3 million in pre-tax proceeds as part of a trading plan that has helped the 49-year-old sell more than 2 million shares during the pandemic. 

So no point and you're just trying to waste our time.  Got it.

• Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, AfterMath35 said:

I'm confused, is he supposed to cease trading during the pandemic?

• Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, AfterMath35 said:

Your words, not copy/paste. So you're here for humour?

• Vintage 1

56 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Who says so, you?

You know the numbers fluctuate depending on what happens...it's not a magic deal where you get to a threshold and they stay there?

And do you even know how close we've come to the ICU bed cap? I do.

There are 728 ICU beds...base and surge. They fill up quickly when things spike.

You post like you're the be all to end (literally). You're not. Some of us are making huge sacrifices...sorry if "you're tired" of things, but suck it up. It's infuriating. I work in a school and sent yet another sick child home today...and it worries me. Because even IF most will be ok, some won't be. Some may have longstanding issues that we just don't know about yet. It breaks my heart but we're the adults in this, we have to be brave and do what it takes so kids can count on us. Some of these KIDS have pre-existing conditions like asthma, etc. So it won't be easy for them...but some adults are sulking because they have to wear a mask or can't travel.  Boohoo. 

I'm exhausted with people who don't want to help see this thing through. The ones who've been impatient and created spikes and been selfish. Like honestly, what is it you CAN'T do right now.

image.png

Public mandates need the support of the public to continue. I mean the only reason we agreed with them in the first place was how we got the funds to do so. That's ended. So should all remaining mandates. As they all have a negative impact on the public that atm outweighs the negative impact of omicron. 

I've already cited how hospitals aren't even close to overwhelmed status. Two and a half months after omicron massively spread here uncounted. So... We're done. We're just waiting for the official word. 

We ultimately will have to follow other provinces' leads on this. Not to mention other countries'.

The idea that we are unselfish for wanting this after two years of suffering will likely fall on deaf ears. Maybe the hospitals should have been upgraded as what was originally discussed at the alpha wave, if folks still see that as an issue? I mean it's not like hospitals haven't been an issue for decades already. 

Published 

On Feb. 11, Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel sold 10,000 shares of company stock, valued at $1.8 million in total...

In reality, the sale was part of Bancel’s previously-made plans to sell stock over time. Bancel last modified these stock-sale plans in May 2021. The sale is a tiny part of his holdings. At this rate it would take Bancel 16 years to sell all of his shares.

• Vintage 1

Just now, TOMapleLaughs said:

Public mandates need the support of the public to continue. I mean the only reason we agreed with them in the first place was how we got the funds to do so. That's ended. So should all remaining mandates. As they all have a negative impact on the public that atm outweighs the negative impact of omicron. 

I've already cited how hospitals aren't even close to overwhelmed status. Two and a half months after omicron massively spread here uncounted. So... We're done. We're just waiting for the official word. 

We ultimately will have to follow other provinces' leads on this. Not to mention other countries'.

The idea that we are unselfish for wanting this after two years of suffering will likely fall on deaf ears. Maybe the hospitals should have been upgraded as what was originally discussed at the alpha wave, if folks still see that as an issue? I mean it's not like hospitals haven't been an issue for decades already. 

You do a lot of talking but I'm not really sold on any of it.

So if hospitals need upgrading it's all the more reason to be cautious and not overwhelm them.

Hospitals may have been an issue for decades but....we weren't in the throes of a pandemic.  We are now.

Again...hospitals have so many ICU beds and the numbers reached a spike recently that put them in serious jeopardy. I don't think you actually know the reality of the situaiton. I think you just spew a bunch of stuff. Over it, you've got nothing of substance.

• Vintage 1

Just now, -DLC- said:

You do a lot of talking but I'm not really sold on any of it.

So if hospitals need upgrading it's all the more reason to be cautious and not overwhelm them.

Hospitals may have been an issue for decades but....we weren't in the throes of a pandemic.  We are now.

Again...hospitals have so many ICU beds and the numbers reached a spike recently that put them in serious jeopardy. I don't think you actually know the reality of the situaiton. I think you just spew a bunch of stuff. Over it, you've got nothing of substance.

I'm referring to the majority thought on this now. 66% and growing. 

We have been cautious. Good for us, but the concern is unwarranted considering how other countries have fared. And it's been quite some time now. I've cited how the concern is unwarranted. It wasn't really refuted. 

So we're waiting for the official call now. 

1 minute ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

We have been cautious. Good for us, but the concern is unwarranted considering how other countries have fared. And it's been quite some time now. I've cited how the concern is unwarranted. It wasn't really refuted. 

where do you get that from?  Almost everyone I know thinks we need to keep them on until experts say it's safe to move forward and when we do, do it slowly.  

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

If I had a dollar for every time you've said "cited". I'm convinced you have no understanding of the word.

So please, where have you "cited how the concern is unwarranted"?

I'll wait.  Also, where do you get the majority from? I'd like that stat too please.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

where do you get that from?  Almost everyone I know thinks we need to keep them on until experts say it's safe to move forward and when we do, do it slowly.  

Right?

It's kind of hilarious to me now...that some are stating like fact their ideas. Talking a big game...my dad used to say if you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. I see a lot of that happening here.

"cited"

"the majority"

"refuted"

"unwarranted"

Did someone get a dictionary for Christmas?  :lol:

I want quotes and actual facts.

• Vintage 1