The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Top 6 Scoring and D

Patchoretti scored 4 goals and 5 points against Vancouver in the playoffs

then followed that with 1 apple against Dallas in 5 games

Are you sure you are not viewing him with your "He Kills the Canucks " glass' on

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

Thanks for one of the better proposals I’ve seen on this site in some time.    To me Pearson isn’t a long term player so any threads with him are legitimate.  His stock is high.   His cap hit is palatable.   Trade him when it’s the right time.   If the cost for Patches was Bear, Pearson and Hoglander it’s a good one for us.    He’s not LE.    Bet him and Horvat or EP would make a tremendous line.   I’m not convinced JV will ever figure it out too.   It’s also a fair proposal.     I’d trade Pearson for a second at this point.   And expect it will happen if we don’t make the playoffs this year.   If we do then great.   But seriously folks ... Pearson and LE with Horvat is a bit burden for Horvat.   Can’t wait until Hogs and Podz and maybe Motte or maybe JV change that for him.   Horvat for sure is carrying that line. 

Hey no problem thanks for the praise . Allot of posters cant read 

Edited by vannuck59
  • Haha 1

Vegas has denied shopping Pacioretty. That said hockey insiders say if he’s moved they don’t want any salary coming back.  He scored 32 goals in 71 games last season. That’s better than any Canuck.  They’ll want high quality future assets in return even without taking salary back.  

If he is so good why isn't he leading the league he plays in 

2 hours ago, canuktravella said:

ya no we arent trading for him and definately not a potential 2 line sniper in hoglander hes going no where like podz petey hughes or boeser

Just now, vannuck59 said:

because he just turned 19 u dont really usually lead a  mens league at 19 petey is an exception he did pretty good at world juniors against his peers 

5 hours ago, canuktravella said:

a young linden hes 32 lol and makes 7 mill    hard pass i wouldnt trade hoglander alone for him   hog has elite talent  hes gonna be a stud for us. You need players on entry level contracts we arent taking a 7 mill winger on we need to sign hughes and petey next yr  and we have enough overpaid bum veterans on team sutter roussel eriksson baertchi is 20 mill of wasted cap

I agree with the cap hit - that’s a legitimate concern, but as far as his play goes he’s probably the closest player in the league to Linden in his generation.   Both big power players, both leaders Captains, and both put up a lot of points their first decade, the difference with Patches is his scoring hasn’t dried up yet - so he’s does remind me a little of a young Linden.     Sure he hasn’t moved to the middle - but Linden’s most productive years were also on the wing - without looking it up something like 7 30 plus goal seasons his first 8 seasons.. most on the wing.    We have so much cap in these other guys that we could in fact afford Patches and Hughes and EP with some moving around.   I’m not saying I want the trade - only that it’s a good proposal and that it would make the team better during the Horvat/Miller window.    If all that cost us is Hoglander, Bear, Pearson and JV?   Hurts a little yes - but it’s not insurmountable.   I see value in both methods and if management made a trade like this it would likely mean they have a solution for LE too.    JB has already set the table for future blue chip moves by not signing TT, Tanev, Markstrom and letting Stecher walk.    Otherwise this wouldn’t even be a discussion. 

30 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

But he is a top line winger in your mind  10 points in 17 games average at best

Remember when Dahlen was going to join EP and rip it up?   Hoglander is a good prospect no doubt - and he just might end up a star at some point in the NHL, but it’s far from a guarantee.   At some point you have to go for it - I’m not sure about the timing - but a move like this is most definitely in the cards over the next 1-3 years. 

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

I agree with the cap hit - that’s a legitimate concern, but as far as his play goes he’s probably the closest player in the league to Linden in his generation.   Both big power players, both leaders Captains, and both put up a lot of points their first decade, the difference with Patches is his scoring hasn’t dried up yet - so he’s does remind me a little of a young Linden.     Sure he hasn’t moved to the middle - but Linden’s most productive years were also on the wing - without looking it up something like 7 30 plus goal seasons his first 8 seasons.. most on the wing.    We have so much cap in these other guys that we could in fact afford Patches and Hughes and EP with some moving around.   I’m not saying I want the trade - only that it’s a good proposal and that it would make the team better during the Horvat/Miller window.    If all that cost us is Hoglander, Bear, Pearson and JV?   Hurts a little yes - but it’s not insurmountable.   I see value in both methods and if management made a trade like this it would likely mean they have a solution for LE too.    JB has already set the table for future blue chip moves by not signing TT, Tanev, Markstrom and letting Stecher walk.    Otherwise this wouldn’t even be a discussion. 

sorry u dont trade players on entry level contracts for players that are making 7 mill for next three yrs  in twilight of career  its not realistic  if u are trading virtanen and hoglander and pearson  in a packagr you better be getting a 23-24 yr old  similar to laine aho or conor on jets.

11 hours ago, canuktravella said:

sorry u dont trade players on entry level contracts for players that are making 7 mill for next three yrs  in twilight of career  its not realistic  if u are trading virtanen and hoglander and pearson  in a packagr you better be getting a 23-24 yr old  similar to laine aho or conor on jets.

Your not getting Laine or AHO or Connor without EP, Horvat or QHs .... maybe BB plus could get you Laine that’s about it.   That’s not realistic either.   Think your missing the point - the point is it’s a proposal that could work - it helps both teams right now.   Never said I’d want us to do it.   But it isn’t a bad one either depending on what’s actually traded.   We still Bear and Pearson on the books this year - so we are trading one year of that don’t forget - for two more years of Patches plus this year.   Highly doubt Hoglander is going to come close to having the same impact over those three years.

Johnsson and Kapanen had to go this year for cap relief from TO,  TJ is buried in TB.   We won’t be able to afford all these guys anyways in three years if they actually stick which is another thing to consider.    Again I’m not saying I want to make this deal - but it wouldn’t be that bad either, especially if part of the deal was retaining 1-2 million. 

A roster of 

Miller      Pettersson    Ferland (if he can play) 

Pacioretty   Horvat     Boeser

Motte     Gaudette  Bailey

Hawryluk   Beagle   MacEwen

Hughes  Myers

Edler  Schmidt

Juolevi Rafferty ( FA)

Demko

Holtby

Taxi the rest  Sutter,  Roussel  Eriksson Benn Graovac (FA Goalie )

JV and Bear traded / Hoglander and Pearson traded.