The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Sutter to Chicago (assuming Toews is out long term).

Millsy

If a trade were to occur between a Canadian based team and an American based team, I wonder if time to allow Quarantine before games start would play a factor. Perhaps at some point with meaningful games at stake, there will be less likely a cross border exchange of players.

1 hour ago, 420Fish said:

If a trade were to occur between a Canadian based team and an American based team, I wonder if time to allow Quarantine before games start would play a factor. Perhaps at some point with meaningful games at stake, there will be less likely a cross border exchange of players.

I haven't looked closely, but I think the Quarantine thing is more for players coming north than those going south. 

Sutter/Gaudette + Virtanen for Zadorov + pick/Boquist

Would hate to trade Gaudette because I think he's got some real potential but I'd happily do a Sutter + Virtanen for Boquist if they're willing. He might be one of their untouchables though but Zadorov could bring some real physicality to our defence.

9 hours ago, Millsy said:

I hope JB hopped on the phone and called the Hawks the minute Toews news came out. 

Right now, the hawks are without Toews and Dach, 2 of their top 3 centers. Strome will be thrust into the 1c spot and there’s literally nothing behind him. With Dach out for most of the shortened regular season, and who knows with Toews, I can see Chicago wanting a veteran and stabilizing presence down the middle. 

Now I’m not saying Sutter can replace those guys, but he can add depth to a very weak position for them. 

- he’s got one year left so it’s not a big deal

- they have the cap room 

- we can retain some to make it more appealing for them 

- we rid a contract and can sign a RD plus Tryamkin at the end of his season. 
- chi gets some stop gap help. 

their depth at C is awful. I can’t see them not willing to part with a 4th rounder for Sutter 1/2 retained. 

http://scores.nbcsports.com/nhl/teamstats.asp?teamno=04&type=dchart

thoughts? 

Tryamkin after his season is over cannot come over here as it’s after the deadline for his class of RFA. 

plus I would rather we didn’t bring him over this season and have to protect him, sign him after the draft. Gives us an extra protection slot we can look to leverage a decent D from somewhere else.

at this stage with Sutter with the space free and cap saved it doesn’t really amount to much we can do so may as well ride out the contract or flip him at the deadline.

I think we will probably need him in a condensed schedule season,