The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2020-21 (Apply Within!)

Nail

40 minutes ago, Nail said:

The New Jersey Devils have re-signed the following pending RFAs:

Michael Rasmussen - 2 years, $4.000M ($2.000M per year)

Denis Malgin - 1 year, $1.250M

Maxime Lajoie - 2 years, $1.700M ($0.850M per year)

Max Jones - 1 year, $2.750M

@Rush17

The New Jersey Devils are excited to announce the extensions of 4 key RFA's in Michael Rasmussen, Max Jones, Denis Malgin and Max Laojie. Michael and Max are expected to be NHL regular next season. Denis and Max will be given ample opportunity to earn a spot out of camp.

On 4/5/2021 at 11:01 PM, ActionJax09 said:

The New Jersey Devils have signed the following players to Entry Level Contracts that will all begin in the 2021-22 season

Alex Newhook - 3 years $1,775,000 per season

Ryan Suzuki - 3 years $$1,150,000 per season

Marshall Warren - 3 years $700,000 per season

Sasha Mutala - 3 years $700,000 per season

Hugo Alnefelt - 3 years $700,000 per season

@Nail @Rush17

New Jersey is very proud to sign Alex Newhook, Ryan Suzuki, Hugo Alnefelt, Sasha Mutala, and Marshall Warren! We believe these players could all have very good nhl careers if their development goes right. We are thrilled to welcome them all the NJ fold! Alex is a personal favorite as he has a family connection and will remain on the Devils as long as I remain the GM. Very excited to see what Ryan and Hugo can do at the American level. We look forward to tracking also the progression and play of Sasha and Marshall into next season. 

• Like 1

Florida Panthers have a decent pool of playoff/bubble players up for grabs approaching TDL. 

OTB -

Ryan Hartman - MIN
Palmieri - NYI 
Soderberg - CHI
Bennett - TBD, but he's definitely getting traded at this point.

Scandella - STL

Not making the playoffs -

Virtanen 
Nieto 
Hjarmesson

Retention available. Willing take back bad contracts and old farts to get deals done.

Edited by luckylager

FLA thanks nail for light and easy negotiations.

We've been eating a lot of bad cap since I took over in January, but there's good reason, and although those reason have already been expressed I'll summarize with - the team needed a rebuild, badly. 

Upon my hiring we FLA was at 18 players with only 500k in cap space. Things needed an overhaul, but one with proper respect given to a solid young group of -

Eichel, Carlo, Keller, Lafrenier and Kunin; with Bode Wilde, Cayden Primeau and Spencer Knight headlining the prospect pool.

Since then we've moved out some good guys, and taken back some ugly ass contracts, but in the process have acquired -

Seth Jarvis, Jack Quinn, Jared McIsaac, Brayden Tracey, Brendan Guhle and Jonah Gadjovich. As well as young NHLers in Wagner, Sprong and ... Bowey (who's pretty meh tbh.

Even managed a 2022 2nd in there too. 

We still have playoff guys like Palmieri, Hartman and few others to move out, and as you can see, FLA has a pretty clear direction/purpose to our trades.

Don't hesitate to DM if you're interested. We like making deals that work for everyone involved.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 4/8/2021 at 5:01 PM, Nail said:

handshake.jpg.7fc13324f82c8d94deb82602c3

The Carolina Hurricanes have signed the following unsigned prospects:

Denis Alexeyev - 2 years, $0.975M per year

Simon Ryfors - 2 years, $0.975M per year

@D-Money

First things first, we welcome Denis and Simon to the organization. Although the focus is primarily on this year, still wanted to plan ahead to next year a bit. Hoping at least one of these guys will make an NHL roster next season, to help replace one of the numerous pending FA forwards.

10 hours ago, Nail said:

handshake.jpg.86029f39f1e6ad8b9b985ec04d

The Carolina Hurricanes have signed Radim Zohorna to a 2 year deal worth $2.200M ($1.100M per year).

@D-Money

I’m very excited to add Radim “The Dream” Zohorna, who has looked fantastic in his first few games in the NHL. He’s 6’6”, can skate, and make plays - what’s not to like?

7 hours ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To ARI - CAR 2022 4th Round Pick

To CAR - Riley Nash

And lastly, thanks to @Gally for the negotiations. I figured, if that 15 year-old GM of the Maple Leafs can sidestep the salary cap with a player on I/R, why can’t I? Hoping Nash will be ready to go for the start of the playoffs.

• Cheers 2