The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Debunked trade report] Mete & a 3rd for Bennett

goalie13

Well we just have to move on to another disgruntled player to swap for Virtanen... :)

It seems like he has no value or negative value with his contract now, so as about 50% of folks on here predicted we missed the boat on getting anything much for the asset.  

Bennett isn’t a great fit for us, but a marginal upgrade on Jake just positionally and his better defensive play.  I am not too fussed about missing out on this.

Maybe someone will have an injury close to the deadline and take a flyer on Virtanen even with that extra year attached, or Baertschi just as depth to clear sole of our cap.

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Looks like a solid deal for Montreal.

I'd have thought with their D depth, Calgary would want a forward back.

If this is true, then it could be that the Flames aren't confident in Kylington or Valimaki in a certain role or even at the NHL level.  Mete is a more "proven" at the NHL than either.  They only have Nesterov for this season so they have room in their top-6 even with Valimaki.

Bennett could slot in basically anywhere in the Habs line-up.  They are already a pesky team to play and if they add Bennett, then they're just going to be even more annoying to play against.  He would add sandpaper and skill to any line (and they already have good skill throughout their line-up).

2 minutes ago, mll said:

A fake Seravalli accounted tweeted it and it looks like that guy got played.   

I hate it when that happens.

At least I'm not Vendetta eating crow over tweeting it out.  I prefer to just make my screw ups in front of my CDC family.

• Haha 2

Just now, goalie13 said:

I hate it when that happens.

At least I'm not Vendetta eating crow over tweeting it out.  I prefer to just make my screw ups in front of my CDC family.

I was talking of Vendetta getting played.