The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where are the Canucks with a good 3rd line Center and another Top 4 quality defenseman?

Rate this topic

Patel Bure

Just now, Arrow 1983 said:

With out Miller our left wing depth sucks.

Gadjovich often takes a season or two to adjust to the next league up. I do wonder what his ultimate ceiling is he could be a prototypical Power forward or a staple tough guy on the bottom 6. I really want to see what he can do in the NHL. One thing is for sure he is physical and should be given every opportunity to make the Canucks lineup

That's why I stick Pod with Petey/Boeser. Pod's been claimed to be the type of player others love to play with. Petey/Boeser had a successful season just by themselves. Lets not forget that.

Like I said we are gonna suck next year. We will be full of inexperienced youngsters. They'll all need good players to play with. We have no cap so sign anybody hence why they'll be in the lineup. I'd like for them to play with someone solid.

In my lineup everyone young guy is playing with someone solid.

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

He’s gotten better each year at every level he’s played at. Relax. 

The only thing going for Him and i swear this is where people are getting hung up on him is his last name literally starts with the first 4 letters of Linden. Remember Linden Vey still not going to be the next Trevor Linden 

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

What's with the Lind hate?

Did we miss out on someone? Did he say something bad?

I don't get it.

he is just a dime a dozen player people think will be good. Maybe it is his name maybe it is because he is a second round draft pick. He looked ok in the WHL but I can literally pull up a hundred of WHL players that has done what he has and did nothing afterwards. There is nothing special about his play.

he is just a dime a dozen player people think will be good. Maybe it is his name maybe it is because he is a second round draft pick. He looked ok in the WHL but I can literally pull up a hundred of WHL players that has done what he has and did nothing afterwards. There is nothing special about his play.

So you hate him because people overvalue him? That's it?

I am genuinely curious of why some folks here don't like him. I figured I might have missed something.

Personally I don't mind him. He's more of a jack of all trades player. 

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That's why I stick Pod with Petey/Boeser. Pod's been claimed to be the type of player others love to play with. Petey/Boeser had a successful season just by themselves. Lets not forget that.

Like I said we are gonna suck next year. We will be full of inexperienced youngsters. They'll all need good players to play with. We have no cap so sign anybody hence why they'll be in the lineup. I'd like for them to play with someone solid.

In my lineup everyone young guy is playing with someone solid.

Lots of people say we don't have the cap so lets look at it

Anyone here still willing to give Hughes and Pettersson 10 + million 

Those 2 guys value is currently aroun 7 mill on a 3 year deal. 6.25-6.75mill on a 2 year deal.

Then there is Hotlby 4.30mill Benning can get rid of that I think it is do able. bring in some one cheaper lets say 3 mill and that saves 1.3 mill

Virtanen is likely not going to play next season that is another 2.55 mill

Beagle might be LITR next season that is 3.00 mill but I actually hope he is able to go need him on the PK

Who knows at this point who Seattle will take????

I could even see them trading Roussel and retaining salary. He would be a great buyout candidate IMHO

Benning did say we don't have the full Picture so I'm just trying to fill in what could be on the table

Kole Lind, 6 games and somebody is writing him off? Remember how we all wanted to get a look at the young guys? I guess 6 games is all they had in mind.  I don’t know what he’ll turn out to be but Cull loved him in Utica and couldn’t speak highly enough about his work ethic as he was making the change to center. Let’s give a chance people before labelling him a career minor-leaguer.

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I am genuinely curious of why some folks here don't like him. I figured I might have missed something.

I think he is being overvalued for sure, I hope I am wrong but he just comes off as another Reid Bouchard.

Jack of all trades actually do something LOL. He isn't tough he can't kill Penalties and will not make your Powerplay better compared to other guys. If he was a center i wouldn't be so hard on him but he is a winger and wingers need to bring something to the table

Just now, 4petesake said:

Kole Lind, 6 games and somebody is writing him off? Remember how we all wanted to get a look at the young guys? I guess 6 games is all they had in mind.  I don’t know what he’ll turn out to be but Cull loved him in Utica and couldn’t speak highly enough about his work ethic as he was making the change to center. Let’s give a chance people before labelling him a career minor-leaguer.

I wrote him off way before he played his games in the NHL. 

33 minutes ago, Pears said:

He’s gotten better each year at every level he’s played at. Relax. 

I am "relaxed". There's nothing incorrect about stating that Lind has looked very out of place so far as an NHLer and we should definitely project him to be in the AHL at the start of next season.

I also don't really think he's "gotten better" as much as he's just been put with better linemates.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

He needs to change to a center real fast and still bring something decent to the table or he will become a career AHLer. He isn't a winger and 2 coaches agree with me Cull and Green other wise they wouldn't try and transition a 22 year old who has played wing to center this late in his career I feel it is a last ditch attempt 

Lots of people say we don't have the cap so lets look at it

Anyone here still willing to give Hughes and Pettersson 10 + million 

Those 2 guys value is currently aroun 7 mill on a 3 year deal. 6.25-6.75mill on a 2 year deal.

Then there is Hotlby 4.30mill Benning can get rid of that I think it is do able. bring in some one cheaper lets say 3 mill and that saves 1.3 mill

Virtanen is likely not going to play next season that is another 2.55 mill

Beagle might be LITR next season that is 3.00 mill but I actually hope he is able to go need him on the PK

Who knows at this point who Seattle will take????

I could even see them trading Roussel and retaining salary. He would be a great buyout candidate IMHO

Benning did say we don't have the full Picture so I'm just trying to fill in what could be on the table

If Beagle is on LTIR we won't be able to use his cap in the off-season.

We have 15.8M in cap as it stands currently next year. Hughes/Petey are probably gonna eat most of that. Let's say they sign for 6.5M-7M on bridge deals. we have 1.8-2.8M in cap left. If Virtanen is terminated that's 2.55M out which makes for 4.35-5.35M in cap.

4.35-5.35M and we will still have to sign a defenseman(Edler/Hamonic?) and if Beagle is out we will need to sign a 4th defensive C.

That won't leave enough cap left to sign a solid 3rd C.

Seattle is a mystery. Will be interesting. 

Also I am not accounting for the ELC bonuses our young players have.

Benning did say 2 more years till we see uptrend didn't he?(I don't recall exactly what he said in regards to that).

Just now, Josepho said:

I am "relaxed". There's nothing incorrect about stating that Lind has looked very out of place so far as an NHLer and we should definitely project him to be in the AHL at the start of next season.

I also don't really think he's "gotten better" as much as he's just been put with better linemates.

even with better line mates he hasn't done much more. The kid just doesn't have hockey IQ

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

If Beagle is on LTIR we won't be able to use his cap in the off-season.

We have 15.8M in cap as it stands currently next year. Hughes/Petey are probably gonna eat most of that. Let's say they sign for 6.5M-7M on bridge deals. we have 1.8-2.8M in cap left. If Virtanen is terminated that's 2.55M out which makes for 4.35-5.35M in cap.

4.35-5.35M and we will still have to sign a defenseman(Edler/Hamonic?) and if Beagle is out we will need to sign a 4th defensive C.

That won't leave enough cap left to sign a solid 3rd C.

Seattle is a mystery. Will be interesting. 

Also I am not accounting for the ELC bonuses our young players have.

Benning did say 2 more years till we see uptrend didn't he?(I don't recall exactly what he said in regards to that).

The CBA allows teams to be 10% over the cap in the off season.

I think he is being overvalued for sure, I hope I am wrong but he just comes off as another Reid Bouchard.

Jack of all trades actually do something LOL. He isn't tough he can't kill Penalties and will not make your Powerplay better compared to other guys. If he was a center i wouldn't be so hard on him but he is a winger and wingers need to bring something to the table

I think he's pretty raw.

I like him as a prospect. Agree to disagree but I am not gonna overvalue him. Still reserving my judgement on him as well as others(OJ/Rathbone/etc).

17 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hate is a strong word I don't know him I don't hate him I dislike his play. Even then I don't really dislike his play I just think it is Meh

The CBA allows teams to be 10% over the cap in the off season.

Yeah I am aware. 6.5M of potentially Beagle/Ferland will eat most of that flexibility.

I don't believe we will be going too hard in FA personally.

Found JB's quote I was talking about

“Our core players, they still need to mature a little bit yet. I think in two years time, I think we're gonna be real competitive and have a chance to compete for the Cup,” he said. “But we have to keep building, keep adding players to our group and our young core players have to continue to grow and get better.”

The report it is from was back in March 5th.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think he's pretty raw.

I like him as a prospect. Agree to disagree but I am not gonna overvalue him. Still reserving my judgement on him as well as others(OJ/Rathbone/etc).

I like OJ and Rathbone.

I like OJ for a long time but I also realized well he was in the OHL he wasn't going to be what this forum wanted him to be. He is solid Dman. He isn't fancy he will often go unnoticed and i like that in a dman.

Rathbone as offensive potential makes a good first pass can skate well. He is no Hughes. But has good projection to be a #3. mostly because pairing him with a Hughes type doesn't work for Hughes. Hughes needs either a Tanev Defensive Dman or Someone who will give up a little defense for aggression like Hamonic but it shouldn't be Hamonic Bieska would be great for Hughes but Bieska could cough the puck up. So a Hybrid between Bieska and Tanev. 

5 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Hate is a strong word I don't know him I don't hate him I dislike his play. Even then I don't really dislike his play I just think it is Meh

I see. You're entitled to feel that way. I disagree but I am also still reserving judgements. I might be there with you after a year but hopefully he proves you wrong. We need as many youngsters to succeed.

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah I am aware. 6.5M of potentially Beagle/Ferland will eat most of that flexibility.

I don't believe we will be going too hard in FA personally.

Found JB's quote I was talking about

The report it is from was back in March 5th.

I agree with Benning fully that's why I like the Line up I posted earlier

But I also see holes in the Organization that can't be fill from with in like a 3rd line center or a replacement for Hamonic if they want to