The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Scheifele be suspended and for how long?

Rate this topic

Will Scheifele be suspended and for how long?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

On the other side of your argument. Byron received a 3 game suspension for a charge thst wasn’t half as vicious.  Scheifele put himself in to position and he continues to refuse to take any responsibility.  I actually liked him going into the series. But he’s shown himself to have zero character 

Byron’s another guy that got screwed a little bit. I don’t think either of the Byron or Scheifele suspensions were unfair in and of themselves but I do think they look pretty heavy handed when compared to what Reeves and Wilson got, just to beat that dead horse once again. I don’t believe Byron had any history and I know Scheifele didn’t. I’d love to hear the NHL and the DOPS justify the lengthier suspensions to these guys. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I think he’s got a case to make here, even if he shouldn’t. Why should he receive such comparatively punitive treatment? The NHL and the DOPS HAVE left themselves exposed to this by letting off other more deserving players relatively easy then bringing the hammer down on Scheifele. 

Exactly. The DoPS deserve ridicule for their complete lack of consistency in suspension and punishment. He's already suspended and will have to serve one game of next regualr season. Might as well call out the DoPS. Hopefully this makes other players call out the dysfunctional officiating and discipline. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Byron’s another guy that got screwed a little bit. I don’t think either of the Byron or Scheifele suspensions were unfair in and of themselves but I do think they look pretty heavy handed when compared to what Reeves and Wilson got, just to beat that dead horse once again. I don’t believe Byron had any history and I know Scheifele didn’t. I’d love to hear the NHL and the DOPS justify the lengthier suspensions to these guys. 

But if you’re comparing Suspensions for charging it’s really not that heavy handed.  And you’re correct, Byron had no history either.  So for Scheifele to act like he’s an innocent victim in the whole thing is just bs.  I don’t really care how this suspension lines up against other infractions. It’s in line with what similar but less egregious offences received.