The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Scheifele be suspended and for how long?

Rate this topic

Will Scheifele be suspended and for how long?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Wilson? Wrong 

Reaves? Wrong 

Scheifele? Right

3rd times the charm. 

Schiefle didn't bribe Parros enough.  Not sure how this is worse than two non-hockey plays from repeat offenders.  The NHL has to do something to clean up the corruption in the DOPS because clearly honesty, integrity, and player safety isn't a priority right now.  Parros' continued employment is simply unacceptable if the league doesn't want to be compared unfavorably to the WWE.

30 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

If he’s lucky the Jets will be out after game 5 snd he won’t have to face Weber on the ice 

They'll get him next season if not in 5 games from now

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Think "Rome hit on Horton" suspension and it makes sense.

In terms of the DOPS openly screwing one team, sure.  Open season for ground and pound after the whistle, but a hockey play gone wrong gets this.  Parros needs to be charged with criminal negligence and immediately removed of his duties.  The Rangers did the right thing and the league should be ashamed of itself for continuing to employ that clown.

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

In terms of the DOPS openly screwing one team, sure.  Open season for ground and pound after the whistle, but a hockey play gone wrong gets this.  Parros needs to be charged with criminal negligence and immediately removed of his duties.  The Rangers did the right thing and the league should be ashamed of itself for continuing to employ that clown.

wow tone it down it was a bad hit, Parros did the right thing 4 games for just about killing a guy. Hits like that need to be out of the game players lives and careers are at stake

8 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

wow tone it down it was a bad hit, Parros did the right thing 4 games for just about killing a guy. Hits like that need to be out of the game players lives and careers are at stake

The problem is that Parros did absolutely nothing with even more egregious incidents.  Allowing him to continue in his position is endangering careers due to his refusal to act like a professional.  I don't like the hit, but after the precedent Parros set earlier in the playoffs, it's abundantly clear that he isn't ever going to conduct himself appropriately.  Allowing him to continue in his position given his obvious incompetence/corruption/both makes the league into an absolute joke

Edited by King Heffy

4 playoff games is like 12 regular season games. I think it’s pretty excessive for a guy with no suspicion history.

I don’t like the NHL explanation either. They frame it like he knew the goal was scored and decided to hit him afterwards. That all happened in a split second. He’s a physical guy. I think there’s a chance he went for the hit thinking it might prevent the goal from being scored. 

I like tough playoff hockey. The victim has a concussion history - did that play into the extent of the injury? And does he have a concussion history because he doesn’t keep his head up at key times? Yeah, I may be blaming the victim but I wonder if these kinds of considerations weigh into the decision making at all.

Edited by Slegr

12 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

If you are okay with a hit like that then bring back the goons then hits like that wont happen due to getting his face punched in

Imo, there is too much money being paid to players, for a goon to change how a rat plays.

Rat thinks to himself " All I have to do is not drop the gloves, cover up and goon is gone for next 5 games. 2 for 1 job, goon gone and the player I hurt earlier

Imma get a raise next year".

Fighting hasn'r been a detterent for quite some time, I believe it is the money involved.

League minimum is $750,000, so a rat only has to last 2-3 years to be set up for life. In the old days guys had to go to work in the off season, couldn't risk getting broken up and lose the non hockey revenue.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

So could all the people defending him have been any more wrong about it being a clean hit that wouldn’t get a suspension? 

I'd be interested in knowing  how many posters were just  having a go at you, the resident Habs fan.

I'm fine with the suspension, it was charging and a dangerous hit. My issue is with the hit being called late.

If that was late about half  of all hockey hits are going to be late.

I liked how the DoPS didn’t buy Sciefele’s defence of making a defensive play. He could of probably prevented a goal had he stick checked him.  Hell had he gone for the stick check then the hit he might of had an argument but it is clear he going in for the big hit/charge. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1