The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

16 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

what?

I respect that you can have an opinion but I can't take you seriously anymore.

Have you heard of this guy named Quinn Hughes?

Quinn Hughes is mediocre to above average defensively, Overall yes, OEL was our best defenseman last year. Quinn did get a lot of points though so he was number 2.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Is this topic trending because Dylan Guinther? 

This topic was trending from a bit of internet drama, but Guenther is good.  He will be good for Team Canada and improve going forward.  We have OEL and Garland though.  Both had good seasons last year and have completely dropped off this year.  This team is ruining my life and I wish I could support a better team (but I can't).

• Upvote 1

Just now, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Nah that's exaggerating. Unless Dylan becomes elite or a full time NHL vet, it will just be a standard bad hockey trade 

Not really.

Several people are projecting this to be the worst trade in franchise history. If you follow Canucks media, you can see this being mentioned.

Guether projects top be a top six forward for the next 10 years.  

This is far from a standard bad hockey trade.

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Quinn Hughes is mediocre to above average defensively, Overall yes, OEL was our best defenseman last year. Quinn did get a lot of points though so he was number 2.

We don't deserve Hughes.

This guy single handedly carried our defense last year.  He, alongside JT and Demko, were by far our best players.

To say OEL was better than Hughes last year is being a contrarian. 

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Drance being on there somehow makes the entire Athletic laughable?

Don't have to like Drance, or anyone in particular, but it's gotta be one of if not the best source for hockey info.

LOL.

Yeah... when you laugh at an entire platform/publication because you don't like one person... red flags everywhere.

13 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

Nothing.

People pick whatever that supports their narrative.

Athletic is a great place for sports content.  

Yeah, it's a shame to see people try really hard to undermine the knowledge that the pros have.

A lot of hate for Friedman on CDC which really highlights the absurdity.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, JohnTavares said:

Not really.

Several people are projecting this to be the worst trade in franchise history. If you follow Canucks media, you can see this being mentioned.

Guether projects top be a top six forward for the next 10 years.  

This is far from a standard bad hockey trade.

If he does that , then yeah.. It's possible. But instead of just dunking on Benning , it should be a big lesson about how counter productive it is to trade futures. It doesn't matter who does it. If we hired Steve Yzerman, he should also be flogged if he trades futes. It is unacceptable behavior.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

This topic was trending from a bit of internet drama, but Guenther is good.  He will be good for Team Canada and improve going forward.  We have OEL and Garland though.  Both had good seasons last year and have completely dropped off this year.  This team is ruining my life and I wish I could support a better team (but I can't).

Guenther's likely going to be a staple in the top six for the next 10 years.

This trade hurts as each day goes on.  It just gets worse and worse and worse.

OEL keeps declining, Garland keeps declining, and Guenther keeps rising.

Did I mention Guenther costs 900k?  OEL and Garland cost $13M... smh

Honestly, I'd suggest to just hibernate (don't go to games, do other things) and just put the fandom on hold if you want your mental health to improve.  This team is terrible, capped out, has no prospects, no assets, and worst of all, not bad enough to tank for top prospects.  I haven't watched a full game all year, it's just background noise right now.

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Yeah, it's a shame to see people try really hard to undermine the knowledge that the pros have.

I see so many people hating on Friedman because his '32 thoughts/rumors' don't come to fruition.  "OH ELLIOTS A HACK HE JUST NAME DROPS VANCOUVER TO GENERATE CLICKS" :lol:

Like a bunch of people who smashing their keyboards on a computer think they know more than arguably the most connected media member in the league.  Not to mention, a lot of ideas/trades get discussed but never materialize.

• Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Actually Friedman is one of my favourites and I love the Steve Dangle podcast and he literally spent 20+ minutes of one of their last shows s***ing on JT Miller and the Canucks. I'm not obligated to like or preventing you from liking the Athletic, fill your boots but I don't care for them.

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

28 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

The Cam Neely trade is sort of a "hindsight is 20/20" thing.  Sure, he wasn't being used to his potential, but then again, he wasn't really performing to his potential at the time either.  You could say though that management at the time didn't do their due diligence, and you wouldn't be wrong; or perhaps management at the time thought - "damaged goods for damaged goods".

So is the OEL trade and every trade ever.

• There it is 2

28 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

The Cam Neely trade is sort of a "hindsight is 20/20" thing.  Sure, he wasn't being used to his potential, but then again, he wasn't really performing to his potential at the time either.  You could say though that management at the time didn't do their due diligence, and you wouldn't be wrong; or perhaps management at the time thought - "damaged goods for damaged goods".

Yup.

This trade is far worse because it was terrible from the onset.

Cam Neely as a Canuck:

image.png.4e1b95f1857870654303f117d496c4b3.png

Pederson has 76 and 71 point years for us before falling off a cliff.

The Neely trade was a 20/20 hindsight gone bad... the OEL trade is a completely different animal.

• Haha 2