The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Have we sent this back to him yet?

Haha somebody should. I obviously have no issue whatsoever with anyone who liked this trade back then (after all, trades of this magnitude are incredibly unpredictable), but I'm not so on board with those who insulted and ridiculed those who did not.

Edited by dougieL
  • Vintage 1

On 7/23/2023 at 11:53 AM, MeanSeanBean said:

The exact moment I 100% signed out on the Benning era. Previous to this I tried to stay optimistic, but this trade was so egregious the second it happened it litterally changed my mind set in the entire Benning era. If anyone remember me back then, I was an eternal optimist about everything Canucks related. 

There’s still hope cheer up eh

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2021 at 1:53 PM, -SN- said:

So, I have to say I don't like this.  We've essentially extended an awful contract, except now it's worse. We don't have a first round pick, again, and we're running dry on prospects. For everyone saying Gillis left us with the cupboards empty, Benning is doing the same. 

You-were-right GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 7/23/2021 at 1:57 PM, Coconuts said:

At first glance, I don't like it 

But Garland is a good piece and we dumped cap 

But OEL is a big cap hit I didn't want 

But there was pressure from the players and fans to make the team better 

I guess it boils down to whether Arizona retains anything, but I hate losing that pick

Oh 2021 Coconuts, your cautious reaction was a wise decision, this move did not end well 

On 7/23/2021 at 1:58 PM, Coconuts said:

That makes it a bit better, thank god

Yes, the way being hit in the head with a baseball without nails is slightly better than being hit with a baseball bat that has nails.. 

On 7/23/2021 at 1:37 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The could potentially be the biggest blockbuster we have seen in years involving the Canucks.

Well, you're not wrong - GIF - Imgur