Quinn Hughes 

Vancouver gets

2 2022 3rd round picks, Jake Evans, Brett Kulak

Montreal gets 

Nate Schmidt 

Vancouver gets

Morgan Reilly, Travis Dermott

Toronto gets

Nolan Foote, Jack Rathbone, Olli Juolevi, Jayce Hawryluk, Tyler Motte, Dmitri Zlodeyev, Michael DiPietro

2021-2022.   Vancouver Canucks

JT Miller     Pettersson  Boeser

Pearson      Horvat        Garland

Höglander   Dickinson   Podkolzin

Lockwood    Evans        Highmore

OEL      Ty Smith                Demko

Reilly     Myers                    Holtby

Butcher Dermott

Scratches: Kulak, MacEwen, 

Edited by IjustNEEDaTROYgamble
  • RoughGame 1

Once again. Montreal needs a right shot D. Not a lefty like Schmidt.  Schmidt is not a fit for Montreal 

Also. That’s an overpay by Montreal.  Vancouver traded a 3rd to get Schmidt and you think Montreal is going to pay 2 3rds, a young bottom 6 forward with upside  (he plugged into the top line with Danault and Gallagher in the playoffs and didn’t look out of place) and a decent bottom 4 D?  Not a chance. 

23 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Trades

Vancouver gets

Will Butcher, Ty Smith, Alexander Holtz, Nolan Foote

New Jersey gets

Quinn Hughes 

Vancouver gets

2 2022 3rd round picks, Jake Evans, Brett Kulak

Montreal gets 

Nate Schmidt 

Vancouver gets

Morgan Reilly, Travis Dermott

Toronto gets

Nolan Foote, Jack Rathbone, Olli Juolevi, Jayce Hawryluk, Tyler Motte, Dmitri Zlodeyev, Michael DiPietro

2021-20221 Vancouver Canucks

JT Miller     Pettersson  Boeser

Pearson      Horvat        Garland

Höglander   Dickinson   Podkolzin

Lockwood    Evans        Highmore

OEL      Ty Smith                Demko

Reilly     Myers                    Holtby

Butcher Dermott

Scratches: Kulak, MacEwen, 

Guys like Hughes, Pettersson, Demko, Boeser, Horvat, and Garland are never going to be moved unless...

1) They request to be moved

2) Their performance completely falls off the map with no rebound in sight.

These guys are our core players that will be here for the long haul.  

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Once again. Montreal needs a right shot D. Not a lefty like Schmidt.  Schmidt is not a fit for Montreal 

Also. That’s an overpay by Montreal.  Vancouver traded a 3rd to get Schmidt and you think Montreal is going to pay 2 3rds, a young bottom 6 forward with upside  (he plugged into the top line with Danault and Gallagher in the playoffs and didn’t look out of place) and a decent bottom 4 D?  Not a chance. 

Have you not seen how much defenceman are going for the last few days?

last year was last year and the marketplace has most definitely changed. Plus Schmidt plays RD and LD and has his whole career. 
Evans is traded because he is behind Suzuki, Danault, Kotkaniemi and Montreal brass and coaching staff put Staal over him as 4C and 2 3rds, Evans and Kulak is still cheap for a top 4 defenseman that until this past season was playing big time minutes with Vegas and would be a perfect player to fill in for Weber.

Just now, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Have you not seen how much defenceman are going for the last few days?

last year was last year and the marketplace has most definitely changed. Plus Schmidt plays RD and LD and has his whole career. 
Evans is traded because he is behind Suzuki, Danault, Kotkaniemi and Montreal brass and coaching staff put Staal over him as 4C and 2 3rds, Evans and Kulak is still cheap for a top 4 defenseman that until this past season was  playing big time minutes with Vegas and would be a perfect player to fill in for Weber.

Bergevin doesn’t like slotting in D on their off side. Schmidt isn’t a fit. Also, it’s been widely reported that Danault most likely won’t be back with Montreal. So Evans is actually needed. 

Just now, Patel Bure said:

Guys like Hughes, Pettersson, Demko, Boeser, Horvat, and Garland are never going to be moved unless...

1) They request to be moved

2) Their performance completely falls off the map with no rebound in sight.

These guys are our core players that will be here for the long haul.  

They are Vancouver's core until someone makes a deal you can't say no to like New Jersey making an offer you can't refuse to get the last Hughes brother and if Vancouver gets that offer they will take it and run because that is a steal for Hughes as Ty Smith alone is an awesome player and then you add Butcher, Holtz and Nolan Foote.

14 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Bergevin doesn’t like slotting in D on their off side. Schmidt isn’t a fit. Also, it’s been widely reported that Danault most likely won’t be back with Montreal. So Evans is actually needed. 

Need is a reach as Montreal was willing to let him be picked in the expansion draft for nothing, I think Danault resigns in Montreal when he sees that Montreal is offering is not too much less then the offers he's getting when free agency opens. 

7 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Need is a reach as Montreal was willing to let him be picked in the expansion draft for nothing, I think Danault resigns in Montreal when he sees that Montreal is offering is not too much less then the offers he's getting when free agency opens. 

Have another look. Evans was protected, which means they actually value him pretty highly.  You really don’t know anything about Montreal do you? 

Edited by qwijibo

6 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Have another look. Evans was protected, which means they actually value him pretty highly.  You really don’t know anything about Montreal do you? 

no, just on the list I saw he was unprotected and I guess that was a reporters guess not the final list. Either way he is not that important to Montreal's future, he played well in the playoffs but not the regular season otherwise Montreal wouldn't have traded for Staal.

8 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

no, just on the list I saw he was unprotected and I guess that was a reporters guess not the final list. Either way he is not that important to Montreal's future, he played well in the playoffs but not the regular season otherwise Montreal wouldn't have traded for Staal.

Staal was a cheap veteran depth acquisition. They protected Evans over Drouin. He also played quite well in the regular season was dressed over Frolik (who played 8 games to Evans’s 48). Not to mention Evans is a legit NHL’er on a cheap contract.  Something every team needs. Just admit you have no idea what you’re talking about. 

Edited by qwijibo

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Staal was a cheap veteran depth acquisition. They protected Evans over Drouin. He also played quite well in the regular season was dressed over Frolik (who played 8 games to Evans’s 48). Not to mention Evans is a legit NHL’er on a cheap contract.  Something every team needs. Just admit you have no idea what you’re talking about. 

Never said I was Bob Mckenzie on Montreal players

2 hours ago, shiznak said:

I’ll settle for Smith, Severson, and a protected first.

OEL - Severson

Smith - Schmidt

Juolevi - Myers

Or you can go ballsy and trade Schmidt to free up some cap space and sign Hamilton.

I doubt Jersey trades both Smith and Severson and a 1st rounder in a deep draft, that's why I put the players together that I did as Smith and Holtz are the big pieces and Foote and Butcher are assets that the Devils can live with losing to get Hughes

If we're going to do something as nutty as trade Hughes I'd rather just trade him for a big, aggressive young RD with a high ceiling, like, oh I don't know...Noah Dobson. Noah Dobson + something.

Do that and call us done for 2021. If we're dreaming I mean. And in my dream Rathbone is every bit as good as we're hoping he is. Maybe even a little better.

Edited by John_Guest