The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2021-22

canuck2xtreme

TRADE: The New York Rangers have made a trade with the Vegas Golden Knights.

To VGK:

spacer.png Justin Faulk ($3 million retained by NYR for 2021-22/2022-23 seasons)

spacer.png Marcus Kallionkeli

To NYR:

spacer.png Viktor Arvidsson ($1.25 million retained by VGK for 2021-22/2022-23 seasons)

spacer.png Carson Lambos
spacer.png Benjamin Gaudreau
spacer.png VGK 2023 3rd Round Draft Selection

38 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The New York Rangers have made a trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

To CBJ:

spacer.png Simon Edvinsson

To NYR:

spacer.png Angus Crookshank

spacer.png Shakir Mukhamadullin

CBJ is pleased to welcome Simon Edvinsson.

Red Wings Select Simon Edvinsson with the 6th pick in the NHL draft -  Winging It In Motown

We originally drafted Shakir Mukahamadullin 65th Overall in the 2020 Entry Draft. We later saw him go 45 spots sooner in the NHL draft! Shakir is a player with the full athletic package to become an absolute stud at the nhl level. We originally inquired in on the cost to acquire Brady a player we had been after for quite sometime. We realized the cost to acquire Brady at this time was to steep. We briefly discussed different prospects in each others organization and quickly found a fit here between our two parties. 

I believe Shakir has the full physical package to be a top 3 workhorse nhl D man in the league - potentially even a true #1 D if he can develop the hockey IQ required. We definitely took a chance on Edvinsson - his draft pedigree and younger age though was attractive to us. We already acquired Lucas Raymond of the Wings affiliation and have attempted several times in the past to acquire other cornerstones of that franchise with no avail. We were thrilled to hear Simon was available. I know Edvinsson was widely debated as a prospect - many feel he does not warrant being a top 10 pick let alone 6th where he was taken in real life.

We however want to bank on the smart hockey minds that see that potential in him. I personally had Simon ranked 7th on my board and was shocked when we saw him falling down into the teens in the gml draft. Being able to swing back around and secure him is a nice feeling. We wish Shakir and Angus the best moving forward. Crookshank has come a long way in his development and is looking closer and closer to the nhl by the day. We hope he has a thriving career in NYR and wish him and Shakir the best in the big apple.  Thanks to HoH for the discussions! We look forward to many more fruitful conversations in the future!

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1

Alright, now that some trades are posted, I want to update my trade block:

Viktor Arvidsson is available. 4.75 for the next two years and then one year at 6. Won't be offering any further retention at this time. Ask for this season will be two 2nd round picks or equivalent prospects.

Ryan O'Reilly is available. He's a point per game player on a playoff team. 6 years left at 8 million. Willing to take on max retention for the next two seasons. Ask is a player under 23 with upside, a 2022 first and high-end prospect.

Will probably hold on to Gostisbehere for this season to let a year tick off that contract and see if he recovers some value, but feel free to make a creative offer involving another bad contract or something. He was a half point per game D last year, so I am still expecting to find a way to get positive value out of him.

And finally for now, Alex Iaflallo is available. Have already had a handful of inquiries and two somewhat serious offers. Ask is a 2022 first plus another first or high-end prospect.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Toronto Maple Leafs have made a trade with the Detroit Red Wings.

To TOR :

spacer.png Darnell Nurse

To DET :

spacer.png Jesse Puljujarvi
spacer.png Nathan Lagare
spacer.png Logan Mailloux
spacer.png FLA 2022 1st Round Draft Selection
spacer.png COL 2022 3rd Round Draft Selection

Maple Leafs are very pleased to have Nurse on board. We gave up a lot for him, but we feel he will be a huge piece to the puzzle for us. We are trying to secure a solid top 4 for the future, and this trade was suppose to complete that...

Hughes Fox

Hughes Nurse

However we have been imformed that I had to move 1 of Hughes, Fox, or Nurse because we cant have 3 #1 Dmen. So now we are shopping Fox, but not in a rush to get things done. We will wait until we get an offer that fits our needs. We will be looking for atleast a top D prospect, top forward prospect, and a 2023 1st, minimum.

5 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

To TOR :

spacer.png Darnell Nurse

To DET :

spacer.png Nathan Lagare

This is Dave posting not the GM of the Redwings. 

In regards to Logan Malloux what he did in regards to his actions in Sweden was a betrayal of the young woman,he broke the law and he broke my moral code,he did not treat another in the way he expects to be treated,with dignity and respect. 

There has been much debate,which I have participated in,the thread on these boards about his actions,the actions of the team drafting him and what should happen moving forward.

First off he has been punished by the courts and paid the price in that regard.

Second he has been told he cannot play in his junior league until the officials that run that league have determined he has learnt from his mistake,shown genuine remorse and received counseling to help him from not making the same mistake again. 

I thought long and hard about accepting Logan as part of that trade.

I made a lot of mistakes at his age.

I let my parents down.

The police used to bring me home at all hours and tell my folks I was hanging with the wrong crowd and I should get my $hit together before I screwed my life up.

My point is we all make mistakes but what defines us is what we do after we make them.

People deserve a second chance.

Logan has said all the right things.

He will attend counseling.

He will work in the community to help others from making the mistake he did.

I will take him at his word for now.

If I am not satisfied he has shown genuine remorse and worked to learn from his mistake he will not participate in this league on my team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

To TOR :

spacer.png Darnell Nurse

To DET :

spacer.png Nathan Lagare

The Detroit Redwings thank Darnell for all his contributions to our team.

He has been a great player on the ice and a great person off it.

It was a hard decision to make but we think the trade makes our team better heading into the future.

We welcome Jesse to our team.

He is  young player who showed a glimpse of his potential last year and we think he will build on this in the years to come.

We would also like to to welcome Nathan to our team.

We believe he has the potential to play in this league in the years to come.

• Like 1

Thrilled to bring in Brock, and the Jets thank Jakub and Kasper for their contributions to the Jets, as well as Philip Broberg, who we agonized over moving, as we really believe in him.  But, Brock fits our age group and gives us a strong young winger who can contribute to an immediate push and helps balance our attack over 3 scoring lines both this year and long term.  We hope the potential emergence of Jamie Drysdale and Rasmus Sandin on defence will help mitigate the loss of Broberg.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Winnipeg Jets have made a trade with the Detroit Red Wings.

To WPG :

spacer.png Brock Boeser

To DET :

spacer.png Jakub Voracek
spacer.png Philip Broberg
spacer.png Kasper Bjorkqvist
spacer.png WPG 2023 3rd Round Draft Selection

The Redwings would like to thank Brock for his contributions to our team.

This was a really tough decision to make however this combined with the 2 other trades we made make us feel we can compete for the cup for years to come. 

We would like to Welcome Jacob,Philip and Kasper to our team.

With Jacob we have added a potent and experienced weapon to our second line.

With Philip we have gained a very classy offensive minded D-Man who will compete at trading camp for a role on our team. 

Kasper also will be competing for a spot and we will see what sort of training camp he has.

We thank the GM of the Jets @canuck2xtreme for the intelligent negotiations.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 9/13/2021 at 8:15 AM, HighOnHockey said:

The New York Rangers would like to terminate the contracts of:

Emil Djuse

Yegor Rykov

Jesper Lindgren

@canuck2xtreme I just wanted some clarification. If Lindgren hasn't officially signed with another club outside of the NHL, could his contract be terminated simply because he's currently unsigned? It's probably just a matter of time before he signs elsewhere anyway, but just curious for future reference. Thanks.

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

@canuck2xtreme I just wanted some clarification. If Lindgren hasn't officially signed with another club outside of the NHL, could his contract be terminated simply because he's currently unsigned? It's probably just a matter of time before he signs elsewhere anyway, but just curious for future reference. Thanks.

huh.... I did look and I could have sworn he signed, but now I'm not seeing it.

Because they're supposed to have signed a contract, that's the rule.  I'll have to look into it more.