The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2021-22

canuck2xtreme

Very pleased to see Jack finally get moved IRL. It has been a bit of a long couple of days with his name trending on twitter constantly. I knew that might be the case though when we acquired Jack on Oct 7th, 2021 just shy of 4 weeks ago. It is a relieving feeling knowing such a talented hockey player can hopefully soon return to the game of hockey that he dearly loves. The whole situation in Buffalo from the start was a mess. I can't believe they had mcdavid billboards up in Buffalo prior to the draft lottery Lol. 

On that note though we are thrilled Jack has found a new home and we look forward to seeing him return to the ice in the next 3-5 months if all goes well. He will certainly missed by Team USA this coming olympics but that is how things shaped out. I appreciate them getting the deal done today - I had been constantly refreshing twitter for the last 3 days so its nice knowing I no longer need to check that lol. (I'm sure ill be checking daily for updates on his operation date but hey :D soon enough)

Eichel had a 1 on 1 interview (it appears post trade) that will be airing in its entirety at 2pm PST on Tim and Friends! I would recommend catching it if you have the time to do so!

We wish Jack well and a speedy recovery!

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 2

Mikael Granlund is available. I was thinking I'd wait until deadline or next summer, and maybe still will, but he's off to a pretty hot start so hit me up. Three years left on his contract, making 5.625 this year, 6.5 next year, and 7 the final year. I am only able to offer retention on next season. Mostly looking for futures but since it is early in the season I'd also need some calibre of NHL player to help me ice a complete roster. Something like a rookie who isn't doing much yet but has some upside, plus a good pick or prospect would be cool.

FIRING: The New York Rangers have announced that they have dismissed HighOnHockey as General Manager. Allegations have come of inappropriate conduct has been reported to the executive team. Upon a peer review of the evidence the executive group has voted to relieve HighOnHockey of his post. The former GM has been notified. 

The club will be accepting applications for a replacement.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

FIRING: The New York Rangers have announced that they have dismissed HighOnHockey as General Manager. Allegations have come of inappropriate conduct has been reported to the executive team. Upon a peer review of the evidence the executive group has voted to relieve HighOnHockey of his post. The former GM has been notified. 

The club will be accepting applications for a replacement.

No arguments here

Edited by Sharpshooter

Maple Leafs are looking for an upgrade in net. Willing to package Matt Murray and Colin White together if the right one becomes available. Would require them to be on a contender, and would like retention for this year and next. Willing to add to the offer for the right piece(s)

Cheers!

Among rumours and speculation running rampant following the relief of HOH from his post as Rangers GM, a lot of questions are coming up around the Rangers organization as a whole. After the previous GM left the organization a contract catastrophe, HOH wasted no time getting to work clearing out bad contracts and piling up assets, but amidst reports of inappropriate conduct, TSN's Ryan Rishaug is asking the question: "how did this vile human being attain such a coveted, honoured job in the first place?" An almost complete unknown around CDC, more information is coming to light suggesting that this manager has a long, repetitive history of this kind of behaviour. "How was he given the job in the first place? Do the Rangers not conduct background checks?"

Allegations now surfacing around Blue Jackets GM Rush, who had a close personal relationship with HOH and knew very well about his behavioural tendencies, yet still recommended HOH for a position in GML.

A quote from an anonymous source inside the Rangers organization: "we knew full well about HOH's checkered past, as he's been banned many times from HFBoards and various forums and fantasy leagues, but ownership determined he is just such a goddamned hockey genius that the ends justified the means."

So shortly after the recent firing of LuckyLager, GML has been plagued by controversy recently, and this marks yet another dark spot on the league's reputation.

Edited by HighOnHockey
  • Cheers 1

I feel if we had a healthy Hughes, White, Byfield, and Virtanen was in the league as we anticipated we would be in much better shape.

I think us being this close while dealing with the injuries we have says a lot about how far we have came in just 1 offseason.

After really looking over oir team we feel in 2 years we will be in serious contention. In the mean time we are going to do our best to make a strong push to getting into the playoffs. There has been way too much losing in Toronto in the CDCGML, and that is about to change. Thats a promise!

• Cheers 1