The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2021-22

canuck2xtreme

13 hours ago, Sergei Bobrovsky said:

EXTENSION: The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed forward Kirill Kaprizov to an eight year extension.

spacer.png Kirill Kaprizov - 8 year, $77.6 million dollar contract. ($9.7 million per season) NMC starts July 1st 2024, L-NTC in final year (Can only be traded to a playoff team)

On 1/25/2022 at 9:35 AM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

TRADE: The St. Louis Blues have made a trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

To STL:

small.png Dawson Mercer

small.png Tage Thompson

small.png Blues 2022 1st round draft choice 

To CBJ:

small.png Anton Lundell

small.png Blues 2022 4th round draft choice (Previous condition on Berglund removed in this deal)

The future of CBJ looks bright! Anton is a player we have coveted since his draft year. A player we personally had ranked 11th OA in his draft year. This move turns out to be both a win now move and a move for the future. We know we won't win this trade in overall value but we are thrilled we have the assets to make it none the less. This provides us with a key young piece on a top contender who can grow with our team as we look to contend as we enter our playoff window this season. 

The acquisition of Jack Eichel this fall paved the way for us to make such trades. We believe this move will be very impactful on the future of the CBJ franchise. Today we also signed a long term extension for our superstar Kirill Kaprizov. A player we went out and got Jack for. We now have a dynamic top line moving forward consisting of Kaprizov, Eichel, and Raymond. With a strong supporting cast including Mr. Lundell we are hopeful we can make strides towards winning a championship in this esteemed and highly competitive and respected league. As GM I remain focused on the long term sustainability and success of the franchise. I intend to run this team until I am fired. I hope when that comes we will have a few GML cup banners hanging in the rafters. 

Thanks to @Devron and @Sergei Bobrovsky for the negotiations on both of these here today.  Thank you also to the fans of Columbus in the great state of Ohio!

Much love, Lets go win a cup!

Rush17

CBJ GM.

• Like 2

The Washington Capitals would like to acknowledge and congratulate Keith Yandle on breaking the iron man record.

Yandle spent his entire career up until this season as a member of the Caps so I have followed all the ups and downs he has faced on route to this accomplishment. It hasn't been an easy road and this record is a testament to the heart and soul type of guy Keith is. 

No one plays that many games in a row without having immense passion and perseverance and we are thrilled for him.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Chicago Blackhawks updated forward group 

Tim Stutzle -  Auston Matthews -  Mikko Rantanen

Jonathan Drouin - Jeff Skinner - Alex Kerfoot

Chris Tierney - Nick Bonino - Brandon Hagel

Michael Pezzetta - Kyle Turris - John Hayden

Lane Pederson - Kristian Reichel

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 5:03 PM, da.moose said:

The Washington Capitals would like to acknowledge and congratulate Keith Yandle on breaking the iron man record.

Yandle spent his entire career up until this season as a member of the Caps so I have followed all the ups and downs he has faced on route to this accomplishment. It hasn't been an easy road and this record is a testament to the heart and soul type of guy Keith is. 

No one plays that many games in a row without having immense passion and perseverance and we are thrilled for him.

Yandle is a beast. He had some amazing years between Arizona and Florida. 

• Like 2