The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Salary cap to 82.5m (raise of 1m)

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, Provost said:

Yes, they had signalled really tiny raises which seem mostly for optics.

The money owed to players will be well above $1 billion and that is going to take quite a bit of time to pay off.  Anyone expecting material increases in the next 2-4 years is likely to be disappointed.  Any small increases to the cap are just going to increase the money owed by the players and probably some new side deal about escrow.

Players complain about escrow, but they are the ones that have been artificially increasing the cap using their escalator clause for years which is what causes most of the escrow.

Um isn't that Billion owed to the owners or is that tweet incorrect?

On 8/6/2021 at 2:21 AM, CR7 said:

Our chief medical officer said with the majority of people vaccinated we now need to learn to live with this in society, we cannot stay locked down forever as it is not good for peoples health for many other reasons... I mean she has a point, I'm just undecided how I feel about it all. I have had Covid, don't wish it on anyone, I have also been fully vaccinated. So am I concerned, IDK, time will tell I guess

Hey mate sorry to hear you have had the virus 

Hope you have fully recovered.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Hey mate sorry to hear you have had the virus 

Hope you have fully recovered.

Thanks. Yeah I didn't get terrible symptoms, just super tired and could not hydrate enough... 

• Cheers 1

• 2 years later...