The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Elias Pettersson change of scenery

On 8/18/2021 at 5:49 PM, ZH96 said:

You still don’t seem to get you’re going off of factors that anybody could and there’s a lot more to it. This is like saying Tyler Seguin is better than Patrice Bergeron because he averages more points. Or that

Nicklas Backstrom is better than Jonathan Toews because he averages more points.

Oh but EP is not like Seguin or Backstrom at all.

EP is putting up points while being defensively strong. 

I won't be surprised if he wins a few Selke trophies when it's all said and done.

As meaningless as +/- stat is, sometimes it does tell a story. He was +3, +16, and even in his career. And keep in mind, 2018-19 team was not very good. 2019-20 team was better but slightly above .500. His +16 in 2019-20 season actually quite amazing in that context.

As I said, EP for Barzal trade is something that is worth consideration but at the end of the day, I think Vancouver believes that EP has higher upside than Barzal and NYI probably thinks that Barzal is better than EP now and will be better moving forward so such trade would not take place.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, mrturkish said:

Every time I come on here there seems to be another ridiculous trade idea for the Canucks involving one of their star players. 
for the love of all that is holy give it a break. I can see you put a lot of effort into this, but come on why are we trying to trade our major assets. Yes yes yes trying to make the team better I get that, but we should be building around these players not trading them. We need a solid defensive defenceman to play with Quinn, that way he can still play the roll he was meant to play, not get rid of him. Come on everyone how about a well thought out trade that builds the team not take away valuable pieces that we should be making better use of. 
that’s my two sense and my opinion. 

My point was “this is the value we could and should get” IF Pettersson ever wants out and/or we’re ever at risk of losing him to UFA.

And at this point Pettersson has basically hinted at walking in 3-4 years if he’s not happy. So think on the risk of that has become more real than it ever was. I don’t know what you look at but we already have THREE solid defensive RHD defensemen with IQ to play with Quinn Hughes.
Travis Hamonic, and now Tucker Poolman and Luke Schenn. As well as Jett Woo and

now Kyle Burroughs coming along. The other thing I’ve noted on is that people seem to don’t be able to grasp that Petterssons injuries throughout his three seasons in the NHL so far (not even three seasons essentially because of these injuries!) are starting to be concerning. Five games with a concussion and six games with a knee injury in his rookie season alone. Then a one game knee-aftermath lower body injury. And now a 30 game absence wrist injury. I understand he’s young still and part of his development in his fundamentals and game has mostly been his body getting stronger, healthier, and faster. But these are multiple serious injuries so quickly and all can be detrimental. So this proposal was also a hypothetical way to ever get max value for Pettersson in a trade before he potentially becomes a league-wide known injury riddled, inconsistent player. If you really read all the proposals and knew the pieces I wrote about.. you’d be jumping at the chance to do some of these trades. Young players  like Mathew Barzal, Martin Necas, Grigori Denisenko have just as much if not more upside than Pettersson, on their own. Older players packaged together like

Ja.Benn+D.Gurianov,  
P.Zacha+Y.Sharangovich,

M.Zibanejad+D.Hunt+1st…  they would all make the Canucks significantly better right now and in the future as it stands.

3 hours ago, khay said:

Oh but EP is not like Seguin or Backstrom at all.

EP is putting up points while being defensively strong. 

I won't be surprised if he wins a few Selke trophies when it's all said and done.

As meaningless as +/- stat is, sometimes it does tell a story. He was +3, +16, and even in his career. And keep in mind, 2018-19 team was not very good. 2019-20 team was better but slightly above .500. His +16 in 2019-20 season actually quite amazing in that context.

As I said, EP for Barzal trade is something that is worth consideration but at the end of the day, I think Vancouver believes that EP has higher upside than Barzal and NYI probably thinks that Barzal is better than EP now and will be better moving forward so such trade would not take place.

The point was is you can’t compare two star players that have completely different styles and only base comparison of who’s better off of one averaging 10-20 more points/season. And Pettersson 80% likely does not have higher upside than Barzal as it stands. Barzals skating and puck speed keeping up with it can challenge McDavid and MacKinnon and he’s been far far healthier than Pettersson to boot. That being said if you call the Islanders about Barzal and start the conversation off with “we will center this deal around Pettersson and add as well and have pieces going both our ways but more value your way.” The Islanders are 9/10 times going to listen and maybe even get very interested. They have many young players with upside and are in win-now mode. They’re not going to make Barzal overly untouchable if it means creating a team that finally gets past the conference final and heavily contends for the next five years.

3 hours ago, khay said:

If what you say about Barzal is true, you don't trade a better player in Barzal for an inferior player in Pettersson, just because he is two years younger. 

Yes, he has bigger frame but he may never fill it. EP will never be able to skate like Barzal (your words), and Barzal is still an RFA after his current contract. He has not been scoring at a PPG rate since his rookie since, so I doubt he can ask for 10+ mil on his next deal. NYI may be able to sign him to a good deal.

OJ is projecting to be a #6 dman at this point, if that. Gadjovich is not ready to break into the lineup and may never will due to skating. 

If Barzal is truly a superior player and Pettersson doesn't have the upside to match Barzal (your words), NYI doesn't do this trade. Teams just don't give up a franchise player like Barzal for an inferior player in EP.

Obviously, I think EP has the upside to surpass Barzal in some ways and hence, wouldn't do this trade.

In that case… let’s say we really wanted Barzal and we want to take advantage of the fact that the Islanders are not going to make him “overly” untouchable as they are in win-now mode and just desperately want to get past the conference final plateau and win cups and conference championships for the next ten years. They also have multiple young forwards and players with upside so Barzal might not be again overly untouchable. Before-hand I always thought about sending Boeser to the Islanders with other pieces to get Barzal. Boesers dad has had health issues the last couple years (is better now) but they greatly affected Brock personally and on the ice. Being back closer to home to his father and family in Minnesota would be an idea and I’ve seen many other people bring this up. So what about Elias and/or Brock and one of these three offers to the Islanders to meet both teams needs.

NYI: F Elias Pettersson

D Jack Rathbone

RW William Lockwood

1st Round Draft Pick 2024

2nd Round Draft Pick 2024

VAN: F Mathew Barzal

D Sebastian Aho

LW Ross Johnston

2nd Round Draft Pick 2022

7th Round Draft Pick 2023

NYI: W Brock Boeser

F J.T. Miller

D Jack Rathbone

D Sebastian Aho

LW Ross Johnston

C Reece Newkirk

W Brock Boeser

D Jack Rathbone

F Kieffer Bellows

LW Ross Johnston

(Conditional) 1st Round Draft Pick 2025

14 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

In that case… let’s say we really wanted Barzal and we want to take advantage of the fact that the Islanders are not going to make him “overly” untouchable as they are in win-now mode and just desperately want to get past the conference final plateau and win cups and conference championships for the next ten years. They also have multiple young forwards and players with upside so Barzal might not be again overly untouchable. Before-hand I always thought about sending Boeser to the Islanders with other pieces to get Barzal. Boesers dad has had health issues the last couple years (is better now) but they greatly affected Brock personally and on the ice. Being back closer to home to his father and family in Minnesota would be an idea and I’ve seen many other people bring this up. So what about Elias and/or Brock and one of these three offers to the Islanders to meet both teams needs.

D Jack Rathbone

RW William Lockwood

D Sebastian Aho

LW Ross Johnston

NYI: W Brock Boeser

F J.T. Miller

D Jack Rathbone

D Sebastian Aho

LW Ross Johnston

C Reece Newkirk

W Brock Boeser

D Jack Rathbone

F Kieffer Bellows

LW Ross Johnston

(Conditional) 1st Round Draft Pick 2025

Boeser is from Minnesota. Minnesota is very far from New York.

And, if Barzal > Pettersson, how does Pettersson help NYI get over the hump?

Pettersson is going to get around 7-7.5 mil in his next deal so they hardly save any cap by getting EP.

The last proposal has us giving up EP, Boeser, and Rathbone? Basically two first liners and an NHL roster player with top 4 upside?

Come on, I love Barzal, but I don't want to give up those pieces for him.

In all your proposals, we are overpaying for Barzal. Makes us weaker and having to re-enter a rebuild.

I can't say I like these proposals as a fan of the Canucks. However, if I were a NYI fan, I would consider them.

19 hours ago, khay said:

Boeser is from Minnesota. Minnesota is very far from New York.

And, if Barzal > Pettersson, how does Pettersson help NYI get over the hump?

Pettersson is going to get around 7-7.5 mil in his next deal so they hardly save any cap by getting EP.

The last proposal has us giving up EP, Boeser, and Rathbone? Basically two first liners and an NHL roster player with top 4 upside?

Come on, I love Barzal, but I don't want to give up those pieces for him.

In all your proposals, we are overpaying for Barzal. Makes us weaker and having to re-enter a rebuild.

I can't say I like these proposals as a fan of the Canucks. However, if I were a NYI fan, I would consider them.

Barzal > Pettersson is a “possibility” to stay that way forever. And it’s also not by an overly big margin. And you tell me how having one of these line-ups wouldn’t put NYI over the hump??

Beauvillier -Pettersson- Wahlstrom

Bailey -Nelson- Palmieri

Lee -Pageau- Clutterbuck

Parise -Cizikas- Zajac

Martin -Bellows- Panik/Golyshev/Lockwood/Dal Colle

Pelech - Pulock

Greene - Dobson

Rathbone - Mayfield

Varlamov

Sorokin

Beauvillier -Miller- Wahlstrom

Bailey -Nelson- Boeser

Parise -Pageau- Palmieri

Martin -Cizikas- Lee

Panik -Zajac- Clutterbuck/Golyshev/Dal Colle

Pelech - Pulock

Greene - Dobson

Rathbone - Mayfield

Varlamov

Sorokin

Bailey -Nelson- Boeser

Lee -Pageau- Palmieri

Martin -Cizikas- Clutterbuck

Parise -Zajac- Panik/Golyshev/Dal Colle

Pelech - Pulock

Greene - Dobson

Rathbone - Mayfield

Varlamov

Sorokin

NONE of the proposals would have us entering a re-build or weaker. We have greater organizational and prospect depth than the Islanders do. It would rather make us faster, more aggressive, and better. It would be a win for both teams. Any of these proposals would let the Canucks roll…

Miller -Barzal- Boeser

Pearson -Horvat- Garland

Hoglander -Dickinson- Podkolzin

Motte -Sutter- MacEwen

Johnston -Highmore

Ekman-Larsson - Hamonic

Hughes - Poolman

Juolevi - Myers

Aho - Schenn

Demko

Halak

Garland -Barzal- Podkolzin

Pearson -Pettersson- Hoglander
Dickinson -Horvat- Lockwood

Johnston -Sutter- Motte

Highmore              MacEwen

Ekman-Larsson - Hamonic

Hughes - Poolman

Juolevi - Myers

Aho - Schenn

Demko

Halak

Miller -Barzal- Garland

Pearson -Horvat- Podkolzin

Bellows -Dickinson- Hoglander 

Motte -Sutter- MacEwen

Johnston -Highmore

Ekman-Larsson - Hamonic

Hughes - Poolman

Juolevi - Myers

Aho - Schenn

Demko

Halak

All looks pretty balanced and stacked to me… also looks like turning our first line center into one that’s faster, healthier, and more aggressive.

P.S.: Nassau County (Islanders city) is 7 hours less in driving to Burnsville, Minnesota (Boesers home) compared to driving from Vancouver. And it’s also 3 hours less in flight time. And with Covid right now it would save having to deal with the border crossing potential restriction.

Edited by ZH96

6 hours ago, ZH96 said:

Barzal > Pettersson is a “possibility” to stay that way forever. And it’s also not by an overly big margin. And you tell me how having one of these line-ups wouldn’t put NYI over the hump??

Bailey -Nelson- Palmieri

Lee -Pageau- Clutterbuck

Parise -Cizikas- Zajac

Martin -Bellows- Panik/Golyshev/Lockwood/Dal Colle

Pelech - Pulock

Greene - Dobson

Rathbone - Mayfield

Varlamov

Sorokin

Replace Pettersson with Barzal and it's still great.

6 hours ago, ZH96 said:

Miller -Nelson- Boeser

Bailey -Pageau- Palmieri

Martin -Cizikas- Lee

Parise -Zajac- Clutterbuck/Panik/Golyshev

Pelech - Pulock

Greene - Dobson

Rathbone - Mayfield

Varlamov

Sorokin

Is that JT Miller? I hope not. If so, we are giving up our entire first line to help NYI get over the hump... 

6 hours ago, ZH96 said:

Bailey -Nelson- Boeser

Lee -Pageau- Palmieri

Martin -Cizikas- Clutterbuck

Parise -Zajac- Panik/Golyshev/Dal Colle

Pelech - Pulock

Greene - Dobson

Rathbone - Mayfield

Varlamov

Sorokin

NYI line up looks good I have to say and I think with the lineup you proposed, they could get over the hump. But obviously, we gave up 2 first liners + top4D prospect. I don't know how the Canucks win any trade where we give up 1C + 1RW. Let's see...

6 hours ago, ZH96 said:

NONE of the proposals would have us entering a re-build or weaker. We have greater organizational and prospect depth than the Islanders do. It would rather make us faster, more aggressive, and better. It would be a win for both teams. Any of these proposals would let the Canucks roll…

Miller -Barzal- Boeser

Pearson -Horvat- Garland

Hoglander -Dickinson- Podkolzin

Motte -Sutter- MacEwen

Johnston -Highmore

Ekman-Larsson - Hamonic

Hughes - Poolman

Juolevi - Myers

Aho - Schenn

Demko

Halak

Pettersson for Barzal, 1-to-1 trade probably won't be accepted by NYI, even if we include Rathbone (since Barzal is the better player now and in the future as you have convinced me).

6 hours ago, ZH96 said:

Garland -Barzal- Podkolzin

Pearson -Pettersson- Hoglander
Dickinson -Horvat- Lockwood

Johnston -Sutter- Motte

Highmore              MacEwen

Ekman-Larsson - Hamonic

Hughes - Poolman

Juolevi - Myers

Aho - Schenn

Demko

Halak

We have Pettersson and Barzal? I guess we gave up Miller and Boeser? Don't think NYI will do that trade? You think so?

6 hours ago, ZH96 said:

Miller -Barzal- Garland

Pearson -Horvat- Podkolzin

Bellows -Dickinson- Hoglander 

Motte -Sutter- MacEwen

Johnston -Highmore

Ekman-Larsson - Hamonic

Hughes - Poolman

Juolevi - Myers

Aho - Schenn

Demko

Halak

Not bad. But this lineup may not make the playoffs next season. Podkolzin is not 2nd liner yet (I guess we don't know). We can switch Hog with Pod. But then, is Garland 1st liner?

I like our current line up where we are deeper up front.

6 hours ago, ZH96 said:

All looks pretty balanced and stacked to me… also looks like turning our first line center into one that’s faster, healthier, and more aggressive.

Not going to disagree that Barzal would be a great add. But not sure if team improves by giving up two 1st liners + not clear how a new franchise player (Barzal) will do in new system. 

6 hours ago, ZH96 said:

P.S.: Nassau County (Islanders city) is 7 hours less in driving to Burnsville, Minnesota (Boesers home) compared to driving from Vancouver. And it’s also 3 hours less in flight time. And with Covid right now it would save having to deal with the border crossing potential restriction.

US citizen can enter US. Boeser is working in Canada so he can enter Canada without a problem.

And come on man, no one is driving from NY to Minnesota nor from Vancouver to Minnesota. I'm sure Boeser can fly from Seattle if he wants to go to Minnesota.

NY being close to Minnesota compared to Vancouver is not a strong selling point.

12 hours ago, khay said:

Replace Pettersson with Barzal and it's still great.

Is that JT Miller? I hope not. If so, we are giving up our entire first line to help NYI get over the hump... 

NYI line up looks good I have to say and I think with the lineup you proposed, they could get over the hump. But obviously, we gave up 2 first liners + top4D prospect. I don't know how the Canucks win any trade where we give up 1C + 1RW. Let's see...

Pettersson for Barzal, 1-to-1 trade probably won't be accepted by NYI, even if we include Rathbone (since Barzal is the better player now and in the future as you have convinced me).

We have Pettersson and Barzal? I guess we gave up Miller and Boeser? Don't think NYI will do that trade? You think so?

Not bad. But this lineup may not make the playoffs next season. Podkolzin is not 2nd liner yet (I guess we don't know). We can switch Hog with Pod. But then, is Garland 1st liner?

I like our current line up where we are deeper up front.

Not going to disagree that Barzal would be a great add. But not sure if team improves by giving up two 1st liners + not clear how a new franchise player (Barzal) will do in new system. 

US citizen can enter US. Boeser is working in Canada so he can enter Canada without a problem.

And come on man, no one is driving from NY to Minnesota nor from Vancouver to Minnesota. I'm sure Boeser can fly from Seattle if he wants to go to Minnesota.

NY being close to Minnesota compared to Vancouver is not a strong selling point.

Good points. And thanks for catching my mistake. Summed up shorter my proposals were basically either Pettersson+ for Barzal+  OR Miller&Boeser+ for Barzal+ OR Pettersson&Boeser+ for

Barzal&Bellows+…. I edited the mistake and like I said these trades would put the Islanders over the hump and would not really affect Vancouver because like I said we have far greater organizational depth and prospect depth than NYI. In fact today as it stands we have some log jams and potential risk of losing significant young players to waivers if we don’t manage things well. And either way Nassau County is a much shorter flight and drive to home for Boeser and being in the USA and from there would still be a lot easier with the way things are right now. It’s why a lot of players with respective situations have chosen to either stay with a Canadian team, stay with an American, or request a trade to one.

On 8/16/2021 at 11:29 PM, ZH96 said:

Elias Petterssons recent interview comments are not “that concerning” but more-so slightly odd and not exactly what we want to hear from an organization that wants “community-focused, mature, example-setting, leaders”. Do you think the Sedins ever said back in the day at Petterssons age before their new contracts “we just want to be where there’s a chance of winning” ?. No

We want players to be honest and provide non boiler plate responses to questions ans then what do we do?

We misquote them, read between the lines and takes things out of context and blow it way out of proportion. 

Give me a break. This is a non-starter, Petey will be a super star for the Canucks and threads like this will become more embarrasing than the Burrows do we need him thread.

58 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

We want players to be honest and provide non boiler plate responses to questions ans then what do we do?

We misquote them, read between the lines and takes things out of context and blow it way out of proportion. 

Give me a break. This is a non-starter, Petey will be a super star for the Canucks and threads like this will become more embarrasing than the Burrows do we need him thread.

Tell that to the stone cold fact that Pettersson is most likely going to sign a 3-4 year bridge deal and at the end of it he will be a UFA. 50/50 chance risk that he will walk as a UFA in a few years if he’s not happy. And he’s also had a 5 game absence concussion, 6 game absence knee injury, 1 game absence aftermath-knee injury, and now a 30 game absence wrist injury. A forward at only 22 having the injuries he’s had already is starting to be concerning. And trust me I’m a Pettersson fan and want him to be healthy and hit his upside. But a guy averaging 66 points/season so far and being injury prone, streaky, and moody.. is far from a superstar. Also flat out saying “I just want to be where there’s a chance of winning” “I don’t know we’ll see when my next contract is up” is concerning and not blowing anything out of proportion. Do some research on the prospects and players I listed in these proposals too and then try calling this thread embarrassing.

It is my opinion that, a deal involving EP40 would signal a change in philosophy in team building.

As a traditionalist when it comes to team building, I believe building from the crease out is the recipe for success.

We have our goalie in Demko but our blueline is a mess.

In any deal of this magnitude, I'm definitely wanting a top four d-man.

For this I would be talking to the NY Rangers.

EP40 for Filip Chytll, Braden Schneider, 2022 first rounder, 2023 second rounder.

Imo, Petey is better then Eichel. 

With Buffalo's asking price for him remaining rediculously high, it could allow Vancouver management the opportunity to slide in with a solid deal.

We get a versitile forward in Chytll who I would slot into a top six wing spot, a solid, top four d-prospect in Schneider, and 2 high picks for their new number one center who would solidify their top six and make them a force in the east.

Hogz               Horvat               Boeser

Chytll              Miller                 Garland

Pearson          Dicky                 Podz

Motte              Sutter                 Macewen

Hughes                Hamonic

OEL                      Poolman

Rathbone             Myers

Juolevi                  Schenn

Demko

Halak

Schneider becomes a bluechip d-man for the future.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ZH96 said:

......is far from a superstar.

Again with the reading comprehension....

I didn't say he was a superstar, I said he will be one, I believe this because he has all of the makings to become one.

Sure your proposals are decent but imo they would be considered selling low in a few years. Petey is a getting stronger and smarter and like many young players he is learning how to avoid the rough areas of the ice to stay healthier. 

Just so I get this straight, is the purpose of drafting good players to get them playing at a high level so you can trade them, or is the goal to draft good players who will help win hockey games? Seems like every time a Canuck becomes a star player, the inevitable armchair GMs want to trade them. I can't imagine a GM saying to an owner, "Yes of course our best player puts fans in seats and money in your pocket, but I can deal him for a player of similar ability and talent because our guy will eventually decline and you wouldn't want to be stuck with an albatross contract, would you?" To which the owner would likely say, "How about you keep the guy and thereby demonstrate a commitment to winning for the other players on the team?" Who is going to want to play here if they think that if they perform at a high level, they are likely to be traded because you know, futures?

Edited by Curmudgeon
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Just so I get this straight, is the purpose of drafting good players to get them playing at a high level so you can trade them, or is the goal to draft good players who will help win hockey games? Seems like every time a Canuck becomes a star player, the inevitable armchair GMs want to trade them. I can't imagine a GM saying to an owner, "Yes of course our best player puts fans in seats and money in your pocket, but I can deal him for a player of similar ability and talent because our guy will eventually decline and you wouldn't want to be stuck with an albatross contract, would you?" To which the owner would likely say, "How about you keep the guy and thereby demonstrate a commitment to winning for the other players on the team?" Who is going to want to play here if they think that if they perform at a high level, they are likely to be traded because you know, futures?

I would be careful calling 66 points average, sub-par 200 foot play, and injury prone so far a high level player. And look at the details in this case… it would be the GM going to the owner and saying “Elias is a 50/50 risk to walk as a UFA after his bridge deal especially after his comments recently. He’s also becoming more and more injury prone at this point in time. But I could trade him in a multi-player deal and make a great trade while he still has high value. I guarantee it will make the team better and put money in your pocket.” Obviously if we were to ever trade Pettersson in the next 1-2 years, it would be Bennings goal to do that trade to make the team better….

Edited by ZH96
  • Wat 1

5 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Again with the reading comprehension....

I didn't say he was a superstar, I said he will be one, I believe this because he has all of the makings to become one.

Sure your proposals are decent but imo they would be considered selling low in a few years. Petey is a getting stronger and smarter and like many young players he is learning how to avoid the rough areas of the ice to stay healthier. 

Reading comprehension? Saying he is a superstar currently or saying he “will become one” is basically the same thing. And what I was pointing out is that with the 66 points average, the inconsistency, (as of now) being less and less able to create in tight plays and moves because he’s getting swarmed, and the injuries… he’s not currently a superstar and is not currently on track to become a superstar. He’s on track to become a “very good when healthy player” unless he raises his game higher and stays healthy. Do you even know who Martin Necas, Grigori Denisenko, Owen Tippett, Filip Zadina, or Gustav Lindstrom are? Or the fact I had proposals like Jamie Benn AND Denis Gurianov as well as Mika Zibanejad AND a 1st. Far from “selling low”

• RoughGame 1

Apparently @Nucksownyou can only show his opinion and ‘knowledge’ with reactions of wat faces and paper masks but doesn’t actually say anything. Therefore proving he doesn’t have anything credible to say and doesn’t know any of the players in this threads proposals.

Edited by ZH96
  • RoughGame 1

7 hours ago, ZH96 said:

Apparently @Nucksownyou can only show his opinion and ‘knowledge’ with reactions of wat faces and paper masks but doesn’t actually say anything. Therefore proving he doesn’t have anything credible to say and doesn’t know any of the players in this threads proposals.

Please, keep crying about it. You are in no position to be questioning anyone's credibility when you have none yourself. This is an awful thread.

1 hour ago, Nucksownyou said:

Please, keep crying about it. You are in no position to be questioning anyone's credibility when you have none yourself. This is an awful thread.

You seem to have shown a lot of credibility by not giving any reason, facts, logical opinion, in fact saying nothing at all until now besides nonsense. You’re talking to a guy that’s played Junior A and skated with many high-end players, played for a long time and from who I’ve grown up playing with, training with, hanging around, and connecting with, I know Canucks brass, Maple Leafs brass, many many Europe pro, North American Minor Pro, and Junior league hockey ops members and players. In fact playing and connections aside my family is the group that built Rogers Arena and I’m also cousins with the Niedermayers. I know my hockey pal. Take a walk or give some valid reasons and points about a thread.

• Wat 1