The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers Sportsnet Layoffs.

DS4quality

9 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

Yep, Canucks Conversation is by far the best. Too bad it’s not on everyday. I see the team very much in the same way as Faber does. His little helper Quads is growing on me as time goes on.

Sekeres and Price delight in trashing the Canucks and the NHL, and I’ll never forgive Sekeres for airing that false story about Quinn Hughes being put on an I.V., then a half hearted apology afterwards. Patterson works his butt off, but he is also part of the circle of negativity.

The Vancast with Drance is just ok. After a while his braying, donkey-like laughter at his own jokes really starts to grate. 

Donnie and Dhali, I’ve given it a shot, but for some reason it’s not for me. Which is strange, because I evolved as a sports fan in large part due to watching Donnie Taylor of Sports page. Donnie has sort of gone full grumpy old man and I’m not sure I like it.

Donnie did a full-on vent after the OEL trade. It was hilarious, but for the wrong reasons.

On 9/30/2021 at 12:10 AM, VancouverHabitant said:

Like others have mentioned, The Hockey Guy is pretty good.  Not too much fluff, very direct and to the point.  Really helps give perspective on the rest of the league as well.  

Otherwise my go to for Canucks has been Canucks Conversation on Spotify (might be found on other places too).  

On 9/30/2021 at 2:46 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

I want facts, not interesting radio. 

That's why The Hockey Guy is good. 

On 9/30/2021 at 8:19 AM, Saved_by_Jesus said:

The Hockey Guy is very good, but he's good because he's always totally up to date and his videos are only 20 minutes long usually.

I think even the Hockey Guy would struggle to make a three hour radio show entertaining.  There are only so many new facts to broadcast every day. 

I'll push back on that. The hockey guy was alright when he was actually talking about a topic and giving his two cents (though people drastically overvalue it). Now all he does is read the statlines of games in order to saturare his channel with videos and it's not actually hockey discussion. Anyone with an internet connection to listen to his videos can also look up the box scores.

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 10:27 AM, WHL rocks said:

650 is pretty good now.

Jeff Marek is cant  miss hockey radio, I listen to it every day.

love the changes they’ve made overall 

couldn’t stand price and sekeres. Marek is the best hockey radio show in all of Canada 

My favourite part about Marek is how he openly likes chaos even if it means poking the Leaf fan base. Refreshing and fun takes from Marek. 

• Upvote 1