The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Vitali Kravtsov requests trade

It definitely feels like a situational element for him.  He performed well in the KHL as a young guy, and NY is already giving preference to higher pick guys who haven't accomplished anything in Laf and Kakko.  As a contender, they don't have a lot of flexibility like we do.  No idea what NY needs, but playoff depth guys like Dermott, Stillman, or even Schenn could be good options.  We can certainly give him an opportunity to showcase himself.  My only concern was around his skating, but it sounds like that is actually a strength.  We need to only consider players that can play with pace.

I could see Alvin and the chipmunks having that 2nd burning a hole in their pocket for this guy. Or whatever we get for Schenn ( if anything ) goes that way.

Not implying we need him or anything - as we have enough reclamation projects of our own. This is just the kinda dumb dumb move we have come to expect. 

16 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Quit smoking crack rangers insider. We are not giving up hoglander for kravtsov lmao. That guy is a total bust who has never shown anything. Hogs has shown AHL and NHL ability. He was just rushed in a no system system.

Plus no more damn wingers 

Hoglander has shown a bit more in the AHL/NHL but Kravtsov has shown success in the KHL which is likely better competition vs the AHL.  The comparison for a swap isn't wildly off, but I wouldn't do the swap either.  I would be interested in Kravtsov for a playoff depth piece going to NY like Dermott, Schenn, Studnicka etc, but as long as it's nothing too major.  NY doesn't appear to be a good place to develop either as we have seen with Kravtsov, Kakko and Laffy.

On a side note, Hoglander is starting to look a bit more Russian:

https://www.nhl.com/player/nils-hoglander-8481535

4 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Hoglander has shown a bit more in the AHL/NHL but Kravtsov has shown success in the KHL which is likely better competition vs the AHL.  The comparison for a swap isn't wildly off, but I wouldn't do the swap either.  I would be interested in Kravtsov for a playoff depth piece going to NY like Dermott, Schenn, Studnicka etc, but as long as it's nothing too major.  NY doesn't appear to be a good place to develop either as we have seen with Kravtsov, Kakko and Laffy.

On a side note, Hoglander is starting to look a bit more Russian:

https://www.nhl.com/player/nils-hoglander-8481535

Dries or gtfo rangers. If it were up to this fanbase we would have kravtsov and pool party on our 2nd line right now haha. Thank goodness that isn't the case 

4 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Dries or gtfo rangers. If it were up to this fanbase we would have kravtsov and pool party on our 2nd line right now haha. Thank goodness that isn't the case 

Haha Dries, our star in the making!  I think we are in a position to take on one of them (Not both) as a low priced lotto ticket and my vote would be Pool Party.  He has all of the elements to potentially put it together, so worth seeing if a different situation unlocks it.  Only again at a very low cost (Waivers, or playoff depth guys we don't need)

36 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Haha Dries, our star in the making!  I think we are in a position to take on one of them (Not both) as a low priced lotto ticket and my vote would be Pool Party.  He has all of the elements to potentially put it together, so worth seeing if a different situation unlocks it.  Only again at a very low cost (Waivers, or playoff depth guys we don't need)

I feel ya. I hate being the franchise that consistently targets failed projects but I can see the value of buying low and driving value.

Only way I'd even consider it is if boeser or Garland are moved before the TDL. Gotta have a top 9 wing spot for McDonough to sign his ELC ( Play a couple games to end the year ) as making sure he signs is a waaaay bigger priority than failed project players imo

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I could see Alvin and the chipmunks having that 2nd burning a hole in their pocket for this guy. Or whatever we get for Schenn ( if anything ) goes that way.

Not implying we need him or anything - as we have enough reclamation projects of our own. This is just the kinda dumb dumb move we have come to expect. 

That’s a total Benning move.

Get a great return for Schenn and then turn around and blow it on a long shot project player. :sadno:

• Cheers 1