The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Vitali Kravtsov requests trade

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So a player that can’t crack your roster is worth a top 6 player?

Yea good luck with that. Wonder if we can interest them in Chiasson, he’s a first line player. :bigblush:

Artem Manukyan and the rights to Tryamkin. 

• Haha 2

On 10/12/2021 at 12:00 PM, tas said:

russians really hate the ahl

On the two way contracts they are paid really poorly - $70k, to live in some crappy small town when they can earn 10x more to play back home. Much harder for a Canadian kid to leave at 19 to go play in the KHL. A lot of AHL vets (the Reid Bouchers of the world) get paid pretty well, $200k-$350k

2 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

On the two way contracts they are paid really poorly - $70k, to live in some crappy small town when they can earn 10x more to play back home. Much harder for a Canadian kid to leave at 19 to go play in the KHL. A lot of AHL vets (the Reid Bouchers of the world) get paid pretty well, $200k-$350k

I think most of us wouldn't mind getting $70k a year to ride the bus between states living in a proper motel with running hot water and edible food for a few years... 

38 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

We better show some interest too!!! I'd love to see Kravtsov on a line with Podz!!

This kid is a pure sniper... unless he got some detrimental character issues, we really should make an offer so that we can truly roll 3 lines to score!!

13 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

I think most of us wouldn't mind getting $70k a year to ride the bus between states living in a proper motel with running hot water and edible food for a few years... 

I was having coffee with an ex Canuck who spent most of his time in the AHL and said it is pretty terrible, prefers working in the corporate world

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

If you offered me 70k to ride a bus, play hockey, eat restaurant food, be away from my family and friends I'd very quickly turn it down. The requirements that hockey teams have on their players extends beyond the ice. They tell you what you can and can't eat, how late you can stay out, when and where you travel, etc. Now imagine being an ocean away from home, have a language barrier and being told your new home (when you are there) is in bloody Hartford.  Yeah, hard pass.

5 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

If you offered me 70k to ride a bus, play hockey, eat restaurant food, be away from my family and friends I'd very quickly turn it down. The requirements that hockey teams have on their players extends beyond the ice. They tell you what you can and can't eat, how late you can stay out, when and where you travel, etc. Now imagine being an ocean away from home, have a language barrier and being told your new home (when you are there) is in bloody Hartford.  Yeah, hard pass.

Yeah. Maybe you could do it for a few years to save up some money for college but yes its a very taxing lifestyle unless you have some prospects of making it to the big club.

Though I suppose if you were playing in the Swiss League that would be another story. The drive from one end of Switzerland to another is about 3 hours so there really isn't a lot of travel plus it's a beautiful place. To me though plan B if you don't make it to the NHL would be playing in Switzerland. 

11 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

Yes, I get all that!!!

I was simply saying... it is a privledge to be playing hockey for $$$.... beats working some labour jobs making $15/hr!! that is all...

but if Kravtsov got the stuff to shine in the NHL, then ya, by all means he should be doing what's best for his future!

1 hour ago, RakuRaku said:

Yeah, but if you can go home, make more money, and live somewhere people speak your language, it's pretty tough to pass up.

1 hour ago, PLOGUE said:

I don’t know.  Getting paid $70k a year to play hockey sounds pretty good to me.   If you have a fam it may be hard but you’re playing hockey.   

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, sassbs said:

I don’t know.  Getting paid $70k a year to play hockey sounds pretty good to me.   If you have a fam it may be hard but you’re playing hockey.   

Yup, I would do it in a heartbeat. Plus you can work in the off season to make more $ too. Or if you ever get called up to the NHL then you really start to rake it in!

7 hours ago, sassbs said:

Not if you can make millions back in the mother country. That’s why Russians are a huge gamble in this market. 

10 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Yup, I would do it in a heartbeat. Plus you can work in the off season to make more $ too. Or if you ever get called up to the NHL then you really start to rake it in!

I would think your hockey contract would have issues with your working elsewhere in the off season. Last thing a team wants is to have their players getting hurt during the off season working some other job. But what do I know. 

• 2 weeks later...