The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Boeser + Rathbone for Dumba

3 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

I think Miller's the better fit but, I'd also want Ryan O'Rourke.

The Wild are re-tooling as they are looking to get younger.  They are going to have 15M tied in cap space for the Parise/Suter buyouts.  They will need players on ELCs and very cheap contracts past key players.  They can’t afford a player like Miller who is UFA after next season.

They also have a good record so there’s no motivation to make a trade at this point.

O’Rourke was targeted because they’ve identified a lack of toughness on their backend.  Highly doubt they are interested in trading prospects when they fit the Rossi, Boldy age group.  They are also short on Ds in the pipeline and had to go to free agency to fill out 4 holes on the back-end.

Edited by mll

1 hour ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

Dumba has been playing well this year: points, blocked shots, hits. Actually, he has more points than Brock in almost the same number of games. So, I doubt that he'd be laughing at it.

He hasn’t been very good - so many turnovers and giving the momentum to the other team.  His D-partner Brodin is elite defensively and can cover for his defensive mistakes.