The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Dec. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

You are comparing Green to AV and Torts? 

What has Green ever won to be compared to those 2?

What did this team tune Green out from? Losing? 

Because that's pretty much been the extent of their experience under Green. 

At least AV had some presidents trophies and a cup final appearance... 

Torts on the otherthand was bang on. 

Core was stale. And he has a cup. 

It was not a comparison coach to coach those were examples. 

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Players were reported to be cery unhappy after the loss for nothing of Tanev, Markstrom and Toffoli. Nate Schmidt being unhappy and  demanding a trade follows up on the teams frustration with management.

Changing the leadership from top down isn’t a small change and does improve moral and on ice performance in some cases. 

What are these reports? 

The same Vancouver media that you guys also call hacks and fabricate stories? 

Have any canucks come out and said losing them has been demoralizing and led to their crappy results? 

Ofcourse players get sad when they lose old teammates. Are they gonna say they are happy that they are gone? They also said they were sad to lose Green. You think they are happier now or worse under BB? 

This is pro sports. It happens. If thats the reason why they dont perform, i agree ship their butts out of here. 

But then again, we are winning now because our system has completely changed along with our special teams and our set lines. That is coaching not any of these other lame excuses you are putting out there 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

What are these reports? 

The same Vancouver media that you guys also call hacks and fabricate stories? 

Have any canucks come out and said losing them has been demoralizing and led to their crappy results? 

Ofcourse players get sad when they lose old teammates. Are they gonna say they are happy that they are gone? They also said they were sad to lose Green. You think they are happier now or worse under BB? 

This is pro sports. It happens. If thats the reason why they dont perform, i agree ship their butts out of here. 

But then again, we are winning now because our system has completely changed along with our special teams and our set lines. That is coaching not amy if theae other lame excuses you are putting out there 

If you think losing faith in management direction is a lame excuse than you’re really not worth discussing this any further. Especially when it involves a Top Dman, Vezina calibre goaltender and legit Top 6 forward… 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

If you think losing faith in management direction is a lame excuse than you’re really not worth discussing this any further. Especially when it involves a Top Dman, Vezina calibre goaltender and legit Top 6 forward… 

Demko is good, but Hughes is better. Hughes is the shining star of this team.,  I’d put Demko behind:  Hughes, Petey, Miller.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Demko is good, but Hughes is better. Hughes is the shining star of this team.,  I’d put Demko behind:  Hughes, Petey, Miller.

Demko has nothing to do with what I was discussing, I’m referring to Benning letting Tanev, Markstrom and Toffoli walk for nothing.

if I had been running the team then I would have let Markstrom walk and keep Toffoli and Tanev even if it meant losing out on Schmidt who I myself was really high on acquiring then too.  I feel like letting all three walk for nothing was the wrong message to send to the team after what they had gone through in the bubble. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Demko has nothing to do with what I was discussing, I’m referring to Benning letting Tanev, Markstrom and Toffoli walk for nothing.

if I had been running the team then I would have let Markstrom walk and keep Toffoli and Tanev even if it meant losing out on Schmidt who I myself was really high on acquiring then too.  I feel like letting all three walk for nothing was the wrong message to send to the team after what they had gone through in the bubble. 

I’d like to add that I did at the time and still do get Benning wanted to shake up the team a bit but it did end up being a step too far. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

We agree.  Keep Tanev and Marky.  Trade Bubble Demko t dumperoo those crap contracts of Loui, Beagle, and Rooster.  I think a lot of our players, as boic d open.y by Miller, lost confidence in our management at th that m9ment.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Canucks play the Leafs in less than 24 hours.

Earlier today:

Are we allowed to say Fu*k the LOSER LEAFS?  And we don’t care?  

Seriously!  We will beat those loser bast*ds regardless of who they play.  And anyo e who thinks otherwise is not a true Canuck’s fan, and should MOVE TO LOSERVILLE SMELLY LOSER CITY OF LISERS TORONTO. 

god!  I hate the Leafs!  Please do njouroes lease!!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Those guys were all replaced by arguably better players in Demko, OEL and Garland. 

If you think a team gets demoralized when a GM makes upgrades, you are solely mistaken. 

So i guess Petey sucks now because JB traded his buddy Dahlen except it only took Petey 3 years to show his anger 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Those guys were all replaced by arguably better players in Demko, OEL and Garland. 

If you think a team gets demoralized when a GM makes upgrades, you are solely mistaken. 

So i guess Petey sucks now because JB traded his buddy Dahlen except it only took Petey 3 years to show his anger 

OEL and Garland weren’t added until this season after last years disaster season.

58 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

OEL and Garland weren’t added until this season after last years disaster season.

So what happened this year then? 

Was the damage already done? 

Only thing to do was replace JB and TG before season started or season was lost? Where were you during training camp then? 

Nothing to do with coaching strategies or deployment right? 

If the NHL doesnt call off the game tomorrow, will the guys turn on JR and Smyl too? They'll just stop trying? 

Anybody can see it wasnt effort that was the issue. It was systems and coaching but sure, keep insisting that wasnt the case... 

BB didnt need to change anything. Problem was solved when we fired Benning... 

Let's have BB revert back to green's lines and have petterson playing with Dickinson and Dowling or whoever

Let's park Podz on the bench in the 3rd

Lets park Chiasson as net front on pp1 and have the unit pass it around the entire time. 

Let's go back into passive box on the pk with our grinders. 

Let's play that high event hockey strategy and stay in zone defence in a shell and wait for a turnover and then transition by dump and chase. 

Damn this is hilarious. Yeah it wasn't coaching.... 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Players were reported to be cery unhappy after the loss for nothing of Tanev, Markstrom and Toffoli. Nate Schmidt being unhappy and  demanding a trade follows up on the teams frustration with management.

Changing the leadership from top down isn’t a small change and does improve moral and on ice performance in some cases. 

That was last year? Lol. The guy was talking about how with no roster changes this year we have improved to 6 and 0 since the coaching change wasn't he?

• Like 1