The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in John Marino

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

Marino is a super good player. Getting him would instantly change the dynamics of our defense without question.

I wouldn’t mind trading Boeser for Marino, plus a roster player like Rodrigues and picks. 

Or a Myers Marino swap.

Agreed.  3rd RHC, RHD and either picks or cap space (hopefully both) for Boeser sounds good.

1 minute ago, Phil_314 said:

Agreed.  3rd RHC, RHD and either picks or cap space (hopefully both) for Boeser sounds good.

Phil_3:16 says I just whooped Boeser’s ass (out of here and all I got was this lousy tshirt slogan)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kuzmenko could replace Garland so I wouldn't be opposed to trading him.  I'd do Garland straight up for Marino and sign Kuzmenko in the summer.  Don't want Kapanen.  

done.  Where do we sign?

Just now, Alflives said:

done.  Where do we sign?

Kuzmenko is far from a shoe-in on any roster (except Arizona of course).

look at how many highly touted euro free agents have been hyped up prior to signing in the NHL only to be a flash in the pan that didn’t pan out.

I wouldn’t pencil him in anywhere just yet, let alone bank on it

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

look at how many highly touted euro free agents have been hyped up prior to signing in the NHL only to be a flash in the pan that didn’t pan out.

Last time we did that we were treated to a season of Larsen disgracing the franchise with his atrocious play, while Tryamkin sat.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Kuzmenko is stud.

Podkolzin   Pettersson   Kuzmenko

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1

Going out on a limb here but if we traded Garland or Boes to PIT, my next move if I was PA/JR would be under the radar and try to pry Kessel out of ARZ for a similar cap dump contract like Poolman. 

All ridicule aside, Kessel is still a playoff beast running an Ironman streak. He could replace BB’s goal production in the very short term, is still fast, and his contract expires at the end of this season. Defensively he’s as good as Boeser so no loss there.

thoughts? Flame away, haha

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Pods is going to take Garland's minutes.  That's a good line right there.  

Yes and we keep Miller with Boeser.  So we need to find someone to play with BO.  Valeri Nichushkin is a UFA.  If we can dump Dickinson and Poolman we could have room to sign Nichushkin.  Him and BO would make a killer 3rd line...

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes and we keep Miller with Boeser.  So we need to find someone to play with BO.  Valeri Nichushkin is a UFA.  If we can dump Dickinson and Poolman we could have room to sign Nichushkin.  Him and BO would make a killer 3rd line...

Thank you, you just helped me secure Kessel. 

Dickinson + Poolman to ARZ for Kessel

:bigblush:

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Going out on a limb here but if we traded Garland or Boes to PIT, my next move if I was PA/JR would be under the radar and try to pry Kessel out of ARZ for a similar cap dump contract like Poolman. 

All ridicule aside, Kessel is still a playoff beast running an Ironman streak. He could replace BB’s goal production in the very short term, is still fast, and his contract expires at the end of this season. Defensively he’s as good as Boeser so no loss there.

thoughts? Flame away, haha

If we trade Garland for Marino then Kessel with salary retained could fit on the right side with BO for our playoff run.  Dickinson would have to be shipped out to make the numbers work.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If we trade Garland for Marino then Kessel with salary retained could fit on the right side with BO for our playoff run.  Dickinson would have to be shipped out to make the numbers work.

Arizona has been offering Kessel to teams for a third-round pick, with the option of them retaining 50 per cent of his salary.

That’s a crucial point. At $3.4 million, with only a third-round pick given up, Kessel becomes a much more attractive deadline add for the league’s top-shelf clubs. There’s still a chance a player may need to go the other way to make the money work, and per CapFriendly, Kessel does have a modified no-trade clause allowing him to submit an eight-team trade list. 

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yeah man, I think it’s a low key move that could pay off. He could also keep up with EP and Miller, and would be another awesome shooting option on the PP. low cost, decent reward, imho, and solves a cap/contract crunch at the same time 

Edited by RWJC
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Arizona has been offering Kessel to teams for a third-round pick, with the option of them retaining 50 per cent of his salary.

That’s a crucial point. At $3.4 million, with only a third-round pick given up, Kessel becomes a much more attractive deadline add for the league’s top-shelf clubs. There’s still a chance a player may need to go the other way to make the money work, and per CapFriendly, Kessel does have a modified no-trade clause allowing him to submit an eight-team trade list. 

If they would take Dickinson's contract I would do that deal.  And then trade Garland for Marino.  Maybe add Poolman to the deal and get Rodrigues back as well.

• Cheers 1