The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Travis Hamonic to Senators for 2022 3rd-round pick

19 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Everything that you said I agree with.

I can't actually believe that people, and not as a joke, were actually considering Gillis to make a return to this team after the turmoil that he left the team in. He's the reason we had no continuation plan in the first place and had to rebuild as the Sedins were getting older and the team wasn't a contender anymore. 

Benning was literally brought in because of his drafting pedigree to help fix that. It's just hilarious to me how people so easily forget these things.

Also it's nice to see someone that has an unbiased POV and won't cry bloody murder just because one person doesn't like certain aspects of the city (in this case, the social aspect).

There are people that love the city and rightfully so because its really beautiful, and peaceful. Overall its a good city.

However, compared to a lot of other parts I've lived in Canada, the people are more stuck-up and its sort of cliquey based on my personal experience. Mind you, I'm originally from San Diego and grew up in LA so that's saying a lot (I actually find people more open in LA).

That doesn't mean it's true to anyone else. In fact people could think the exact opposite of me and that's completely fine because its their belief.

I actually find it quite funny how sensitive people get simply because of a difference of opinion.

There is certainly a lot of craziness that happens around here and a lot of these people advocating for Gillis coming back, just as an example, trying to get those people off that high horse is next to impossible. I think perhaps that's the part I don't fully understand of people. It's almost like people are afraid to be wrong about something. You could literally give them all the evidence in the world and they'll just ignore that evidence.

Also, I do agree in that I think @Dazzle does well in at least listening to what other people have to say. Not everyone's like that for sure.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 3/23/2022 at 12:18 PM, coryberg said:

A huge one!!!!

travis-hamonic-2020-43.jpg

In Vigleault’s legendary fashion:

Travis Hamonic “has an IQ the size of a bird and a face only a mother can love”

Edited by Me_