The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Mar. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

3rd round pick for Dermott not looking great so far, not gunna lie.  But its still extremely early.

With his contract hopefully he's an asset & we can atleast recoup a pick in the offseason if he doesn't show well to end the year. 

Same stupid philosophy that Benning followed.  Trade our picks for mature guys in hopes they can suddenly be better.  How many picks did Benning waste doing that?  Our owner has to let management properly rebuild this team.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey needs the get his wrist surgery now, so he is ready for next season.  This season is over.  

He’ll have surgery in the off-season. Then go back to Sweden for rehab. Hopefully he’ll be 100% for next year. The wrist has been bothering him the whole year. 

We need the old Petey real bad. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Same stupid philosophy that Benning followed.  Trade our picks for mature guys in hopes they can suddenly be better.  How many picks did Benning waste doing that?  Our owner has to let management properly rebuild this team.  

I don't mind betting on Dermott given he has wheels, but a 3rd felt rich. Toronto needed the cap space & Dermott wasn't a regular. Should've squeezed them a little more.

Taking a chance on middling guys with upside is what teams do all the time. The ultimate example for us is obviously Naslund. But you can't overpay as we saw Benning do at times.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

He’ll have surgery in the off-season. Then go back to Sweden for rehab. Hopefully he’ll be 100% for next year. The wrist has been bothering him the whole year. 

We need the old Petey real bad. 

He’s been a PPG player for awhile now. What are people even complaining about.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

3rd round pick for Dermott not looking great so far, not gunna lie.  But its still extremely early.

With his contract hopefully he's an asset & we can atleast recoup a pick in the offseason if he doesn't show well to end the year. 

I would have rather kept Motte and the 3rd round pick along with the $3 million in cap space and played Juulsen. 

Allvin may not have a great eye for young talent. Which is a scary thought. 

• Vintage 3

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I don't mind betting on Dermott given he has wheels, but a 3rd felt rich. Toronto needed the cap space & Dermott wasn't a regular. Should've squeezed them a little more.

Taking a chance on middling guys with upside is what teams do all the time. The ultimate example for us is obviously Naslund. But you can't overpay as we saw Benning do at times.

This is what loser teams do.  Winning teams are the ones collecting the picks in those types of trades.  Dermott is a softy.  That third and cap space have more value.  But our owner is whispering in the ear of the GM.  “Speed up the retool”.  “Playoffs”

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

He’s a PPG player with a bad wrist. At 100% he’s a 100 point player and a superstar. 

Still such a young player too. So many people have a hard time understanding that 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I would have rather kept Motte and the 3rd round pick along with the $3 million in cap space and played Juulsen. 

Allvin may not have a great eye for young talent. Which is a scary thought. 

Even trading Motte;

Hamonic & Motte for a 3rd, a 4th, & 4.2M in cap space is a pretty good result.

But instead its Motte, Hamonic, 3rd for Dermott, 4th, 2.7M.... Not as good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Of course Miller rings it off the post then the Wild score immediately too.... The. hockey. gods. just. hate. us.

Did I mention Dallas got outshot 3:1 (47-15) & yet still won with Scott freakin' Wedgewood in net?!?!?!? (Ugh)

What did we do to deserve this cruel fate.... 

Hopefully our owner doesn’t pressure management to trade our first for another 25 year old in hopes to get to the playoffs.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This is what loser teams do.  Winning teams are the ones collecting the picks in those types of trades.  Dermott is a softy.  That third and cap space have more value.  But our owner is whispering in the ear of the GM.  “Speed up the retool”.  “Playoffs”

I agree in this case but I understand why teams take chances on young NHL players, it does work sometimes but you can't overpay.