The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Mar. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, JustRich said:

Yes, do that! 

I'm taking my 6yr old to the Wednesday game, we're so excited :)

Nice! I hope it's a good game! 

It will be a First Nations night, so I'm expecting a lot of Canucks jerseys sprinkled in with some orange. 

5 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Valid points.  JB has proven, he is a good assistant and not the top dog.  As for Weisbrod, we didn't hear anything from him but good chance, he had his hands in everything: both the good & bad.  JR has taken his time to build his team and it will be interesting, what there legacy will be like.  A big part of the new crew, is consisted of JRs' old Penguins front office and we can only assume certain things based on there moves & results, while they were there.  I always, add luck cause planning is one thing but execution, is another with so many unknown factors - especially, injuries or a pandemic.

Yeah, I guess you can always use the pandemic as an excuse, or a reason for unknown factors. But they wouldn’t be the only GM’s and AGM’s in the league that has had to face a global pandemic and cap crunch. Every team has had to face COVID, no team or GM was excused from that.

And just like everyone else on the planet who’s had to change their life to continue to work and make a living without offering excuses, I cannot, and do not see JR and PA offering excuses for why they cannot or did not get something done. I don’t know their track record off the top of my head, but I suspect already just based off of communications with the media, and how JR has carried himself before PA arrived on the scene, that they’re already miles ahead of how they conduct themselves in the public eye.

Has Weisbrod done any good anywhere he’s been? I’m genuinely curious, because all I hear are just bad things about him. 

1 hour ago, Disgruntler said:

Agree. To be honest, I think the team takes a stutter step backwards for a year before leaping forward. But then do we still have Bruce?

Yeah, I do not disagree with you. I think the team takes a step back next year before they make a leap forward the after. The question is, will Petey be on board with the direction and vision of the organization or will he bolt and want to be on a “winning team”

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Unlike the stupid Bergeclown Habs, who had Kotkaniemi stolen, we will get a good return for Brock.  If we choose to trade him.  Are the Habs the biggest mess ever?  Too funny.

Why would any GM give anything at all for Brock. 

We either sign him to a horrendous contract or let him walk at which point he becomes UFA and can sign anywhere he wants. 

21 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Can't argue that this season. Boeser is similar in point totals but is also getting majority of the powerplay time and nearly half his points are generated on the powerplay. Boeser only has 21 even strength points in 61 games and that's with more ice time. 

that may be true,

but can you even remember that last time the second unit scored a goal?

I think it was "Magic Crystals " Gaudette that scored the last Second unit PP goal

Our 2nd unit is no better now than when it had Boyd and Vesey last season

7 minutes ago, hammertime said:

We either sign him to a horrendous contract or let him walk at which point he becomes UFA and can sign anywhere he wants. 

I don’t think those two are the only options. 

But worse deals have gone in history. Brock isn’t a complete useless player LOL. There will be GM’s who will offer the Canucks a decent package. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, lmm said:

that may be true,

but can you even remember that last time the second unit scored a goal?

I think it was "Magic Crystals " Gaudette that scored the last Second unit PP goal

Our 2nd unit is no better now than when it had Boyd and Vesey last season

Gaudette isn’t an NHL player.  He’s useless.  And he’s a freak.  Glad that loser is gone.  

14 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Who cares about that?  The 

Habs are a friggin’ joke.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Gaudette isn’t an NHL player.  He’s useless.  And he’s a freak.  Glad that loser is gone.  

all that may be true

but 

i think he took our second 

pp unit with him

Just now, lmm said:

all that may be true

but 

i think he took our second 

pp unit with him

BB plays two 

D on PP2.  It’s about not getting scored on while trying to score.  Defensive minded.  Smart coaching. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

From prison maybe.  That total loser’s name should be banned from our site.  Loser player and a loser person.  Lock him up. 

you are missing the point Alf

you cannot change the past

I am asking about who scored the last second unit PP goal

care to answer?

14 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, I do not disagree with you. I think the team takes a step back next year before they make a leap forward the after. The question is, will Petey be on board with the direction and vision of the organization or will he bolt and want to be on a “winning team”

That's not easy to do when he's a RFA.  I suppose another team could offer sheet him, but hopefully

by then the return would be very large.  Seemed like a rather uppity comment for a 22 yr old player

to make.  Hopefully he was misquoted.

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I don’t think those two are the only options. 

But worse deals have gone in history. Brock isn’t a complete useless player LOL. There will be GM’s who will offer the Canucks a decent package. 

Why would they? If they want Brock all they have to do is wait.