The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 14, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 hours ago, stawns said:

Again, once it's in the off season they can make the best deal they can get and then use that asset (or others) to balance the roster.  They don't need to narrow it to teams with positional players they need.......that can be addressed later in the off season.

Pretty much every team that's a contender or on the brink of being a contender would be interested in Miller as a $5.25m rental for a year.  I doubt they'd have much issue finding a dance partner

Again, give me a list of 18 to 23 year old RHD that are readily available across the entire NHL right now.  I think it's a pipe dream for the pro-trade Miller crowd.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Again, give me a list of 18 to 23 year old RHD that are readily available across the entire NHL right now.  I think it's a pipe dream for the pro-trade Miller crowd.

Are you kidding me?  Do you honestly think a contending team values a "maybe" over a bargain superstar for a year?  C'mon man, surely you've watched hockey longer than this season........multiple teams do this every single season.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Are you kidding me?  Do you honestly think a contending team values a "maybe" over a bargain superstar for a year?  C'mon man, surely you've watched hockey longer than this season........multiple teams do this every single season.

Give me a list genius.

RHD

Top 4

18 to 23 years old

Edited by HKSR
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Got to agree.  Miller is getting re-signed.

Boeser is getting the-signed.

Garland is on the move for a RHD who is similar in age and contract.  

Garland (+?) for Marino and the rights to Krapenen?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Give me a list genius.

RHD

Top 4

18 to 23 years old

Personal insults now?  You must really be insecure in your position.  Not surprising really, when you come from a place of ignorance

• Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Got to agree.  Miller is getting re-signed.

Boeser is getting the-signed.

Garland is on the move for a RHD who is similar in age and contract.  

Garland (+?) for Marino and the rights to Krapenen?

Yes, RHD in the latter half of their 20s is much more realistic.  To find one in the age group of Hughes and Petey is a pipe dream.

• Like 1

Just now, stawns said:

Personal insults now?  You must really be insecure in your position.  Not surprising really, when you come from a place of ignorance

Still no list.

As if you've never personally insulted me lmao

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Still no list.

As if you've never personally insulted me lmao

I don't insult people here.  I certainly challenge ignorance on a subject, however.

Not sure why you're so bent out of shape over this, it's not like it isn't a yearly occurrence for contending teams to trade young prospects for rental players they think can put them over the top.  

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yes, RHD in the latter half of their 20s is much more realistic.  To find one in the age group of Hughes and Petey is a pipe dream.

Yup.  We need a RHD to take over the Schenn role in a year.  Could happen this summer (via trade) or summer 2023 via free agency.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

I don't insult people here.  I certainly challenge ignorance on a subject, however.

Not sure why you're so bent out of shape over this, it's not like it isn't a yearly occurrence for contending teams to trade young prospects for rental players they think can put them over the top.  

Still waiting for that list.  All I've been trying to say is it's a pipe dream to acquire an established 18 to 23 year old RHD in this league by trading Miller.  Get all the prospects you want, but I don't think that's the ideal situation when you're unloading a 100pt 1st line centre in his prime.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Give me a list genius.

Do the work yourself lol.

1. Google all NHL rosters

a. start with Anaheim

b. end with Winnipeg

Record all top 4 (+potential) RD, restrict it to 18-23 or whatever you want

Those are all the players that teams would possibly trade for Miller.

It's quite a simple task really it just takes a bit of effort and patience.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

a. start with Anaheim

b. end with Winnipeg

Why should I? I'm not the one saying we should trade Miller for an established 18 to 23 year old RHD.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Still waiting for that list.  All I've been trying to say is it's a pipe dream to acquire an established 18 to 23 year old RHD in this league by trading Miller.  Get all the prospects you want, but I don't think that's the ideal situation when you're unloading a 100pt 1st line centre in his prime.

Like I said, they don't have to.limit themselves to a specific positional player on the off season.  They can take the best deal they can find and make other moves to get what they really need.  It's not rocket science

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Like I said, they don't have to.limit themselves to a specific positional player on the off season.  They can take the best deal they can find and make other moves to get what they really need.  It's not rocket science

No, the other teams still need to acquire that established 18 to 23 year old RHD.  They run into exactly the same problem the Canucks would. 

Anyways, it's Easter.  Not gonna waste my time on here.  Bottom line is stop dreaming. 

Edited by HKSR
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Why should I? I'm not the one saying we should trade Miller for an established 18 to 23 year old RHD.

I don’t think Miller is getting traded, but if he did the type of D coming back would be the level of Dante Fabro.  A guy who is struggling (been healthy scratched recently) but could improve because he’s still younger.  But for sure we aren’t getting a young D man who is already playing well and munching minutes.  

Edited by Alflives

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

a. start with Anaheim

b. end with Winnipeg

Skip Anaheim and a few other teams who have no reason to add Miller.  Verbeek talks of a rebuild in Anaheim.  Chicago announced a rebuild with Davidson even trading 23 year old Hagel for 2x 1st round picks - those teams are most certainly not going to be in the running for Miller.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

No, the other teams still need to acquire that established 18 to 23 year old RHD.  They run into exactly the same problem the Canucks would. 

Anyways, it's Easter.  Not gonna waste my time on here.  Bottom line is stop dreaming. 

I'm honestly not sure what you're even talking about anymore

1 minute ago, mll said:

Skip Anaheim and a few other teams who have no reason to add Miller.  Verbeek talks of a rebuild in Anaheim.  Chicago announced a rebuild with Davidson even trading 23 year old Hagel for 2x 1st round picks - those teams are most certainly not going to be in the running for Miller.

Most likely Any team trading for Miller will see him as a one year rental.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I don’t think Miller is getting traded, but if he did the type of D coming back would be the level of Dante Fabro.  A guy who is struggling (been healthy scratched recently) but could improve because he’s still younger.  But for sure we aren’t getting a young D man who is already playing well and munching minutes.  

Hynes explained that they need him to be good to great - was a re-set.  Not a sign that they would move him.  Nashville are in a re-tool to get younger and there are still teaching moments.  Poile explained that he knows it's going to take some time for them to contend again.