The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[MDSF] New York Rangers (M2) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (M3) | Rangers win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Rangers in 4
    • Rangers in 5
    • Rangers in 6
    • Rangers in 7
    • Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2022 at 11:00 PM

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Between the Rags and the Crosby-less Pens which has a better chance of beating the LOSER LEAFS?

No true Canuck fan would want the LOSER LEAFS to win the Cup.  

They need to come close and have their hearts broken!  Get their hopes up a bit so it stings a little more!

:towel:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I cant cheer for Matheson and I like Panarin a hell of a lot more than Malkin, who is a documented Nazi supporter.

I don't like Russian players for the most part. I literally have years worth of pictures of Russian kids crying at the wjc on my phone. Cockiest, trashiest players in the world. USA catching up fast though.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

I don't like Russian players for the most part. I literally have years worth of pictures of Russian kids crying at the wjc on my phone. Cockiest, trashiest players in the world. USA catching up fast though.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/feb/22/artemi-panarin-new-york-rangers-leave-putin-navalny-nhl

Pretty likeable guy.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Alright, you guys have your weird little Rangers circle jerk. I'm off to the brokeback mountain thread (Calgary vs Dallas).

It’s not about liking another franchise.  It’s about which franchises do we hate less than others.  Leafs and then other Canadian team are most hated.  Rags are hated, but less than all Canadian teams.  Bruins are hated more than the Rags, but less than Canadian teams.  For Alf there are differing levels of hatred.  :towel:

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

It’s not about liking another franchise.  It’s about which franchises do we hate less than others.  Leafs and then other Canadian team are most hated.  Rags are hated, but less than all Canadian teams.  Bruins are hated more than the Rags, but less than Canadian teams.  For Alf there are differing levels of hatred.  :towel:

I tried cheering for Boston out of hatred for other Canadian teams.  There wasn't enough Pepto Bismol in the city to deal with how I felt.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Baratheon said:

I tried cheering for Boston out of hatred for other Canadian teams.  There wasn't enough Pepto Bismol in the city to deal with how I felt.

I wouldn't cheer for Boston if they were playing against the Russian national team.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I've been a Penguins fan since I was a kid. Lemieux was my favorite player. I've like Tampa since Martin St Louis days. Been decent consolation lately since my Canucks have been basement dwellers. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

I've been a Penguins fan since I was a kid. Lemieux was my favorite player. I've like Tampa since Martin St Louis days. Been decent consolation lately since my Canucks have been basement dwellers. 

I can agree with that; Super Mario is the GOAT in my books.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I wouldn't cheer for Boston if they were playing against the Russian national team.

I don’t think of it as cheering for one team, but rather cheering against the other.  

I always cheer against the Leafs.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I picture all of the Canucks fans singing that song at the beginning of The Hunt For Red October!

5 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

I picture all of the Canucks fans singing that song at the beginning of The Hunt For Red October!

A lot of Canadians tried to sing the US anthem in Ostrava after the Americans beat the Russians to troll their fans.  I now know that I don't know the words from memory.

• Haha 1