The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Draft Day Drinking and Sign A Guy

So this starts like so.  A trade.

To Montreal: 2023 5th round pick, 2022 5th, 6th and 7th round picks for pick 33.

1st round: #15 Cutter Gauthier https://thehockeywriters.com/cutter-gauthier-2022-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

2nd round:  Maverick Lamoureux https://thehockeywriters.com/maveric-lamoureux-2022-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

3rd round: Noah Warren: https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/574586/noah-warren

4th round: Liam Arnsby https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/529236/liam-arnsby

Ok so you see a pattern there?  Good.

Sign Max Domi: $5.75 million x 7 years. Don't worry about the math making it work this is a proposal not a real world thing, just something I'd like to see don't take it to seriously but the $ could be make up elsewhere (Boeser/poolman)

Our 2nd line would then be

Domi LW/Horvat LHC/ RW (left shooting)

So ya....bring on the off season

Edited by Warhippy
  • Haha 2

Since when can you get the first pick in the second round for 5th and 6th round picks? 

the player taken 33rd will have a great shot at being an nhl player.  All those late round picks are long shots to ever play an NHL game.  

Also. Montreal already has 14 picks in this draft.  I’m sure they’d rather keep the high ones rather than trading them for a bunch of crappy low ones 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Since when can you get the first pick in the second round for 5th and 6th round picks? 

the player taken 33rd will have a great shot at being an nhl player.  All those late round picks are long shots to ever play an NHL game.  

Also. Montreal already has 14 picks in this draft.  I’m sure they’d rather keep the high ones rather than trading them for a bunch of crappy low ones 

Addition by subtraction.

Montreal has 14 picks but could have 17 allowing them to move up continuously.

We've also seen a lot of teams making money in the later rounds recently and this year could be no different as you see with potential candidates like Murray, Ostberg, Arnsberg etc

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Addition by subtraction.

Montreal has 14 picks but could have 17 allowing them to move up continuously.

We've also seen a lot of teams making money in the later rounds recently and this year could be no different as you see with potential candidates like Murray, Ostberg, Arnsberg etc

Yeah. I don’t buy it.  Yes. Sometimes teams trade back. But essentially a 1st for 5th,6th,7th round picks doesn’t happen 

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Yeah. I don’t buy it.  Yes. Sometimes teams trade back. But essentially a 1st for 5th,6th,7th round picks doesn’t happen 

I've also debated the idea of trading pick 15 to the totes for their late 1st and their first 2 picks in the 2nd round.  Which would also be a coup in itself if we see Russian players start falling

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I've also debated the idea of trading pick 15 to the totes for their late 1st and their first 2 picks in the 2nd round.  Which would also be a coup in itself if we see Russian players start falling

Seems like an overpayment. I’d have to research but considering their 2nds are 34 and 36 there would need to be a player they REALLY want when 15 comes around.  Id think Colorado or Carolina’s 1st. Arizonas 2nd and maybe a 3rd or 4th would be more realistic 

5 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Seems like an overpayment. I’d have to research but considering their 2nds are 34 and 36 there would need to be a player they REALLY want when 15 comes around.  Id think Colorado or Carolina’s 1st. Arizonas 2nd and maybe a 3rd or 4th would be more realistic 

There's 2-3 players I REALLY want to swing for in the late 1st and early 2nd.

One of them being a possible top 10 Russian who is going through cancer treatment I expect to fall like a stone.  Two being big bodied RHD, id do either but that list from rounds 1-4 is my want list.

Domi, possibly could be had a lot cheaper but he's the perfect reclamation project

Drinking, of course!

Domi, no thanks.  

Habs need guys who play hard without the puck.  I could see them having a lot of interest in Dickinson, Pearson, Poolman.We could get several picks from them.  

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Drinking, of course!

Domi, no thanks.  

Habs need guys who play hard without the puck.  I could see them having a lot of interest in Dickinson, Pearson, Poolman.We could get several picks from them.  

Cheers Alfie. I'm all in on Domi!

16514362529643146647073330266052.jpg

• Cheers 1

Just now, qwijibo said:

The problem is there’s no logical reason for Montreal to take that deal.  

There's no logical reason to offer Domi $5.75 million over 7 years, or day drink but hey; here we are!

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

Am I the only one eyeing Owen Pickering at 15? I know we need a R D Man but this kid might be the best defenseman to come out of this draft.

I've seen his name brought up, as a very promising D

Hughes

Pickering

Dermott

...on the left side in a few years?  Rathbone is a curiosity. He's good, but also a smaller mobile type Dman - and another lefty. Do they need two (Hughes and Rathbone) of these guys?

Be pretty crazy if it was ___ about to make their #5 pick and then Bettman approaches the podium, "We've got a trade to announce. I think you're going to like this. The ___ trade the #5 pick to Vancouver...". 

Maybe, X player and the #15 to ___

drafting David Jiricek

Canucks need something good to happen dang it

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 2:25 PM, MikeBossy said:

Am I the only one eyeing Owen Pickering at 15? I know we need a R D Man but this kid might be the best defenseman to come out of this draft.

Nope, I know of a few people looking at him and Luneau

On 5/1/2022 at 5:33 PM, NUCKER67 said:

I've seen his name brought up, as a very promising D

Hughes

Pickering

Dermott

...on the left side in a few years?  Rathbone is a curiosity. He's good, but also a smaller mobile type Dman - and another lefty. Do they need two (Hughes and Rathbone) of these guys?

It would certainly open up the opportunity to trade OEL in a season or two

On 5/1/2022 at 5:45 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Be pretty crazy if it was ___ about to make their #5 pick and then Bettman approaches the podium, "We've got a trade to announce. I think you're going to like this. The ___ trade the #5 pick to Vancouver...". 

Maybe, X player and the #15 to ___

drafting David Jiricek

Canucks need something good to happen dang it

This could be the year they win the lottery.  Of course.