The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Blow it up [Proposal]

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

We need to do a couple of strategic trades that round out our lineup and put us in a position to compete every night and in the playoffs.

Moving Miller, which I really believe we will do in the next 3 weeks, will bring back the assets necessary to shore up RD and our bottom 6. There will likely be more moved than just Miller, I think there's a fairly strong chance that Myers also gets moved.

I'm making this post in agreement with you! Trading Miller and Myers create huge holes in our lineup.... At which point you have to decide are we a team of the present or a team of the future? If Frankie want's bread buttered on both sides he shoulda just kept JB.   

• Cheers 2

That's a fair point.

But I think with that perspective in mind (that this management is brand new), we have to judge this regime on its own terms, and disconnect the rash decisions made by the previous management (ex. Arizona trade to save their jobs) from the process this management has moving forward.

What I mean is that our team has faced (for the most part) almost a decade of careless decision making and awful asset management. I expect Allvin and his team to have some time to fix these mistakes in a  reasonable and patient fashion.

Here's what I think the new management has done well so far.

1) Delegation and Solidarity

Rutherford, Granato, Allvin, and Castonguay each appear to have different roles. It appears Castonguay is handling contract negotiations, and she did a great job with each one announced this week. In the Canucks All-Access video about the upcoming draft, we heard Granato and Allvin narrate, as prospect development and scouting appear to be their focus. And Rutherford, as the most common media spokesperson was present, listening and getting a lay of a land before he goes and makes a big J.T. Miller trade.

There have also been no leaks, which is an accomplishment given the ferocity of the Vancouver media.

2) Honesty

The team has been honest about the team from the get-go and they are always talking about the future direction. Benning would always justify his gut decisions with the player's past resume. To quote the all-access show again, the constant focus of the whole scouting staff was not where the prospect was today, but rather what they could be in the future.

3) Patience

There are many dominoes waiting to fall. I will admit.  I am surprised that a wheeler-and-dealer like Jim Rutherford hasn't made a big swing yet. But I think that speaks to the patience and solidarity of the GM and AGMs. Everyone knows Vancouver had the most potential players on the trading block. In my opinion they have waited it out, have held firm, and cleverly removed one of those pieces from play. I think that elevates the value of Miller, Garland and any other Canucks that other teams are interested in.

4) Reputation

Jim Benning was known as a bit of a goof around the league. He would let heart-and-soul players like Tanev and Markstrom walk because they "ran out of time." Every press conference was a mess, and drafting record aside, it was rare that the assets would be managed well anyway.

I think within half a season, with the moves made, the signings completed, and the honest and unified PR approach has changed the way other teams view Canuck management. Kuzmenko picked this team. AHLers signed 2 way deals. Coaches want to coach here. Other teams are starting a bidding war for our players for once.

I think despite the fact that no major deals have been done yet, I think the new management has managed to change the outward perception of the franchise for Canuck fans and the league alike.

I don’t have a problem blowing up the team if that is the route JR/PA are going to do.  It’s clear the Canucks are still a middle of the pack team and major changes need to be made.

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

With Brock signed and it really doesn't seem like a sign and trade scenario. We either go forward with JB's roster push for playoffs tweak here tweak there seems like a weak plan. once the first domino falls (trade Miller) we aren't filling his hole in the here and now any Miller trade is gonna make us worse in the present. So it's gotta be for futures. Once you go that route I can see Bo wanting out so we move him around the deadline. And fail hard for Connor Bedard baby! 

The Miller proposals are beaten to death lets say he goes to one of the teams with a top 6 pick. I think the best fit is NJ that team is ready to flip the switch and contend they just need a goalie. Ill throw some scat at the wall. 

To NJ Miller + Rathbone + Mikey D 

To Van 2OA + Shak (Right shot defensive D with size) + Macleod (Right shot defensive C good in the dot)  

Then I ask myself if Wright/Slafkovski are what we need or if we can do better if we are committing to the rebuild.

To CBJ 2OA

To Van  6OA (Jiricek)+ 12OA (Kaspar) + Svozil

15OA we draft Lambert (Speed kills) or one of the Russians

Trade Myers for an expiring dumperoo and whatever pick get's you one of Reid Schaefer/Lian Bichsel/Nathan Gaucher/Lamoureux/Nyman/Beck

Go after UFA C 

We obviously tank. JR releases a statement to our fans. Bo asks for a trade. This is Pete and Hughes team now give them A's but put the C on OEL because this fanbase needs a whipping boy. 

Bo goes for A playoff teams 1st and 2nd equivalent value maybe more maybe less that's too far in the future to predict. Anaheim?? 2x 1sts? He'd be so good on that team though I'd be worried.

Hoglander Pete Boeser (Brocks 210 with elite board battle % maybe he plays like it? I think this is a better line than Bae Bo Brock FWW)

Garland Karlsson/UFA Podkolzin 

Pearson Macleod Kuzzi

Dickiiki  Richardson Lockwood/Dowling (Insert wood themed meme's here!)

Depth chart/Prospect Chart

Lammi Lambert Klim

Bains Kaspar Scaefer? 

Aman 

Hughes Schenn

OEL Dermott

Burr Shak/Expiring dumperoo!

Juulson

Depth/Prospects (needing to upgrade on the left is a easy problem to solve.)

Svozil Jiricek (Wonder if they'd have good chem? Very complementary!)

Woo Johansson

Finish bottom 3 what's the furthest we can drop? We have additional 2023 picks (Bo) move up for Bedard/Mitchkov.

F1 Racing Sport GIF by Formula 1

Blow it up, This will never happen..

Miller trade good chance by draft day.. Myers RD could be traded but they have to find another top 4 D man to replace Myers tough minutes..

Either Garland or Boeser could  be traded not both..

Horvat signs 7 yrs AAV 6.8 million.

If management team free up cap and Miller is trade ? I could see them signing Domi 2yrs X 4.5million  show me more-- C/W

23 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Blow it up, This will never happen..

Miller trade good chance by draft day.. Myers RD could be traded but they have to find another top 4 D man to replace Myers tough minutes..

Either Garland or Boeser could  be traded not both..

Horvat signs 7 yrs AAV 6.8 million.

If management team free up cap and Miller is trade ? I could see them signing Domi 2yrs X 4.5million  show me more-- C/W

I love when people say this stuff. Blow it up????? No way were gonna stay competitive!

Then their next sentence is were just gonna trade Miller and Myers and maybe just one of Brock/Garland. 

But don't worry we aren't blowing anything up. We will just go to the 100pt powerC and towering top4 rhd aisle at the super market an pick 2 of those up. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, hammertime said:

I love when people say this stuff. Blow it up????? No way were gonna stay competitive!

Then their next sentence is were just gonna trade Miller and Myers and maybe just one of Brock/Garland. 

But don't worry we aren't blowing anything up. We will just go to the 100pt powerC and towering top4 rhd aisle at the super market an pick 2 of those up. 

They will stay competitive??? You want to give a 30 year old 8.5 million X 7 years that's crazy..Look at the Sharks giving out ridiculous contracts to old player look at them now?

Making  possible cap space allows Vancouver to make trades and sign players with other teams up against the Cap..

I know Rutherford and Allvin  know more then you and I ???

This is there plan not site people gossiping????? Maybe you should listen to there interviews??? Don't think you follow management plans..

Go listen to the interviews on Sportsnet 650???????

On 7/3/2022 at 12:30 PM, hammertime said:

With Brock signed and it really doesn't seem like a sign and trade scenario. We either go forward with JB's roster push for playoffs tweak here tweak there seems like a weak plan. once the first domino falls (trade Miller) we aren't filling his hole in the here and now any Miller trade is gonna make us worse in the present. So it's gotta be for futures. Once you go that route I can see Bo wanting out so we move him around the deadline. And fail hard for Connor Bedard baby! 

The Miller proposals are beaten to death lets say he goes to one of the teams with a top 6 pick. I think the best fit is NJ that team is ready to flip the switch and contend they just need a goalie. Ill throw some scat at the wall. 

To NJ Miller + Rathbone + Mikey D 

To Van 2OA + Shak (Right shot defensive D with size) + Macleod (Right shot defensive C good in the dot)  

Then I ask myself if Wright/Slafkovski are what we need or if we can do better if we are committing to the rebuild.

To CBJ 2OA

To Van  6OA (Jiricek)+ 12OA (Kaspar) + Svozil

15OA we draft Lambert (Speed kills) or one of the Russians

Trade Myers for an expiring dumperoo and whatever pick get's you one of Reid Schaefer/Lian Bichsel/Nathan Gaucher/Lamoureux/Nyman/Beck

Go after UFA C 

We obviously tank. JR releases a statement to our fans. Bo asks for a trade. This is Pete and Hughes team now give them A's but put the C on OEL because this fanbase needs a whipping boy. 

Bo goes for A playoff teams 1st and 2nd equivalent value maybe more maybe less that's too far in the future to predict. Anaheim?? 2x 1sts? He'd be so good on that team though I'd be worried.

Hoglander Pete Boeser (Brocks 210 with elite board battle % maybe he plays like it? I think this is a better line than Bae Bo Brock FWW)

Garland Karlsson/UFA Podkolzin 

Pearson Macleod Kuzzi

Dickiiki  Richardson Lockwood/Dowling (Insert wood themed meme's here!)

Depth chart/Prospect Chart

Lammi Lambert Klim

Bains Kaspar Scaefer? 

Aman 

Hughes Schenn

OEL Dermott

Burr Shak/Expiring dumperoo!

Juulson

Depth/Prospects (needing to upgrade on the left is a easy problem to solve.)

Svozil Jiricek (Wonder if they'd have good chem? Very complementary!)

Woo Johansson

Finish bottom 3 what's the furthest we can drop? We have additional 2023 picks (Bo) move up for Bedard/Mitchkov.

F1 Racing Sport GIF by Formula 1

Shaks left handed my guyyy I think! Does he play the right side? 

18 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Shaks left handed my guyyy I think! Does he play the right side? 

You're absolutely right my memory failed me. that's fine though. We need a big body lefty who can PK and play hard mins to work his way up as a #5/6.