The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Max Paciorietty, Dylan Coughlin to Hurricanes for future considerations

On 7/13/2022 at 2:56 PM, HKSR said:

So...

Vegas trades Nick Suzuki, Tomas Tatar, Samuel Fagemo, and Dylan Coughlin for Future Considerations.... ouch.

Mabe with so much consideration of the future they have acquired, they might figure out how to manage a hockey team.

Of course, like the Oilers and Leafs, I hope they don't learn :towel:

13 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Mabe with so much consideration of the future they have acquired, they might figure out how to manage a hockey team.

Of course, like the Oilers and Leafs, I hope they don't learn :towel:

Vegas started out on the right path…

But all these questionable moves are like a death by a thousand cuts. 

How long until the rebuild happens?

9 hours ago, Losing With Pride said:

Vegas started out on the right path…

But all these questionable moves are like a death by a thousand cuts. 

How long until the rebuild happens?

If by "started out on the right path" you mean had the most favorable of all expansion draft rules, you are correct.  They then shrewdly took advantage of other GMs' fears and made out like bandits with other teams trying to protect more than they should.

Maybe their early success got them on the wrong start as far as learning how to run, and even be, a franchise, I dunno.

I sure hope they like Eichel.  I suspect he will be stuck there for a while.

I think Vegas missing the playoffs last season is a sign of things to come. When you keep trading for star players, eventually you're going to get burned by one of them not performing to expectations (like in the case with Eichel).

They had a good thing going and then they messed with it too many times. Perhaps they'll bounce back this year; however, I think even if they do, unless if what they have left in their depth steps up....they're just not going to have the depth to go deep in the playoffs because they traded that depth away. They've made trades almost like what we see in our own proposals section (which is why I'm against most proposals there... this is what happens lol)

This may actually end up being a case we look back on as an example of what not to do.